• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 11th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Pac-Man's up taunt is known as Namco Roulette! Namco characters from the 1980s will randomly appear."

A second picture was included with the comment "See? There's a variety of characters. Huh? One of them looks pretty recent."

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
The only character I don't recognize is the bottom right character...

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I totally called this as a Taunt when some people were saying that this was a move or something like that. TY Sakurai for clarification and pretty cool taunt.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
These have been getting less and less interesting. e_e /Personalopinion

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
At least Don makes an appearance. Cute little bugger.

These have been getting less and less interesting. e_e /Personalopinion
We're sorry, This site is out of johns and salted chips for today. Please wait till next week when our supply replenishes.

Last edited:

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
I'm highly impressed with how Pac man is turning out in this new smash, hes not just a homage to Namco hes practically bringing the whole Namco onterouge with him to smash. the nostalgia couldn't be more real for this guy :D

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
I knew it was a taunt after somebody pointed out that Pac-Man's stance when using this move is different from the one he has while using Bonus Fruit.

I was just waiting for official confirmation on this so that I could bask in the salt. There's practically enough to fill a pool with!

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
This makes Bandai-Namco the first third party in Smash to have multiple universes represented. Beyond a mention in the Chronicle, at least.

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
Was expecting something better for a Friday, but I'm fine at least with having these pictures to look at.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Smash WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Pac-Man's up taunt is known as Namco Roulette! Namco characters from the 1980s will randomly appear."

A second picture was included with the comment "See? There's a variety of characters. Huh? One of them looks pretty recent."

Oh so thats what that is, not an attack xD

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Meh, I don't care about Pacman at all. Not really hyped about him. Still I love the fresh new stage a lot... i'm curious to what types it keeps on changing... we've seen the water variant with the spiny balloonfish, so what's more?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, so this is a taunt? It's a pretty cool taunt, but my interest in playing Pac-man decreases the more info is revealed about him. Maybe it was because his trailer left everything up to guesswork, I dunno.

Also, EVO's in less than 5 hours! So happy Injustice is much shorter this year and at the same time as Melee. Superman is so boring to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cen Silver

Smash Cadet
I love how everyone thinks just because there's a taunt that rolls a Namco char it automatically excludes any possibility of having a similar special too...

D

Deleted member

I thought it was an attack myself.

Wonder if the taunt will end up with different animations depending on the character. Don't care either way. Nostalgic references are always delicious, even though I don't get them myself.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
i did think it was weird that pacman had these characters shown in front of him rather than in the air like he did with the fruit in the direct

LoneWolfRanger

Smash Apprentice
Dont really care about the namco stuff. Dont care about pacman as a character either... however, i love different chars with different playstyles, so yes, i will def. play him and kick Wasp Ass, just because... yknow. Kicking ass is what i do

BlastState

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlastState
3DS FC
0946-2825-3438
Wow, now that I think about it, Namco has quite the treasure trove of retro gems just stocked away. I wouldn't mind it if they decided to venture into a mass-crossover game themselves after this...

On a side note, that new challenger notice along with EVO is gonna make for one hype-filled weekend for Smash fans.

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
Had a feeling it was a taunt.
XP

Zenmaioh

Smash Apprentice
Little disappointed that these aren't attacks but hey, I guess any way of plugging Dig Dug into this satisfies me! :D

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Seeing it as a taunt makes me kind of happy. Thinking that there would be fruit randomizations and then another set of randoms made me a bit on edge. TOO MUCH RNG.

But really, liking that they are ushering more and more namco rep into this game using PAC-MAN. It's fitting and I think they have done a good job with it. Maybe the taunts can have hitboxes for some of them, like Luigi, Bowser in PM, and Zelda in PM. Just something funny, I dunno, haha.

Top Bottom