• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 27th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. A panel in the Challenges area will unlock everytime you clear a challenge. When you unlock a panel, you'll see hints for unlocking panels directly adjacent to it on all sides. And this time, each panel will unlock pictures related to the challenge. This is tougher than it looks, you know? The challenges in the 3DS version are a little on the easy side, but the Wii U version challenges might be a bit trickier."

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I really don't see a point in making the 3DS challenges easier :/

It's cool that we get funny little pictures for each challenge tho ^_^

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
No curveballs? Either Sakurai is waiting for Friday or he's such a Ridley-sized troll that he'll just ignore the leak entirely.

oscuras

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2105-8721-7551
It's the same as KI:U's panel challenge thing, you complete challenges to open up panels, and it gives clues on hoe to open up adjacent panels. (Like what he said) Nice to see it back though, makes these side missions more interesting.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
One of those pictures on that list of 37 photos from imgur had a challenge panel that looked consistent with the bottom shot here.

Additionally, he's not going to address the leak I'm sure, because think about it. People who browse the Internet would have seen it, but people that just check the official page would know nothing about it. He's not going to call out the group of people who have seen it in favor of either spoiling or ruining it in any way for those unbeknownst to the leak.

September 13th is right around the corner, and more info will come closer to that date as well probably, so hang tight.

In terms of today's picture, not that exciting imo, but the number of modes and things to do is coming along nicely!

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
inb4 "lol3DSEZmode"

I wonder if mentioning that the Wii U will have more difficult challenges will entice people who might not have otherwise bought the Wii U version to do so? What do you guys think? Does this information lead you to prefer one version over the other, or is your decision unchanged by this new development?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The fact that Sakurai has, two days in a row, shown images almost directly from the leak, shows me that he is not only aware of the leak, but playing into it.

This bodes well for my theory that he expected (or assumed) the roster would either be leaked, or that it easily could be leaked, (as Brawl's was) or... at least that the games roster would be leaked moments after the game cartridge was received (or sold early) at a location in Japan. In short- the likelihood of the roster getting out early, to the masses, was almost inevitable. The community for this game is huge- just look at E3 being won by smash single-handedly; or the regularly updated website with info on the game (over a year old); or this forum (and all the others) with thousands of regular posters.

Sakurai would have known of this being likely

And given Sakurai's love for surprise, and the fact that the roster was not told to us before the leak, and in fact, this month of updates before the release has been not only nonchalant but pretty abdicative of responsibility...this just... really screams that he has more characters than what COULD have possibly been leaked, or at least, it screams this to me. Or, in other words, that the cartridge never had the full roster in the first place.

Firelucario

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2664-2218-5783
I love the challenges! Unfortunately, I was never able to beat all of them in brawl. Thank god for the golden hammers because some of these challenges were insanely difficult! :smash:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Challenges are always fun, and I'm glad the 3DS ones will be a bit easier. That means I'll actually have a chance at completing them all :upsidedown:

However I don't like that this will feed some people's insistence that "Wii U is the true version" even though both games are going to be perfectly viable smash titles.

Also I think and hope the challenges will be spread across all modes, which would make it a pretty big improvement over KI:U where all the challenges were only in the main story and online portion and didn't have all the little extra games and goodies that Smash has.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I love how now the Pic of the Days have devolved to just us waiting for things confirmed in the leak.

Give us the goods, Samurai.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I like Sakurai's position on the leak. Showing nothing about it basically confirming nothing...

Magnificent troll.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I really don't see a point in making the 3DS challenges easier :/

It's cool that we get funny little pictures for each challenge tho ^_^
They're only easier because of the controls, trust me, Uprising has taught me that the hard way. However we don't know the overall difficulty of the challenges so just wait and see.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Ah Sakurai, stop making these posts and get on with the characters already. Jeez, just because the leaks happened, doesn't mean you need to post pitiful images of the 3DS version all week.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Starting to get a bit boring :( Want to see some new stages for both versions or more assist trophies & Pokemon... (and maybe Ridley).

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
That's not Ness. ;-;

But on the plus side, I loved Challenges in Brawl, so this is a good PotD.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
He's basically adding elements from all the games he's created, in terms of bonuses and menu options/tools. So far, I see a mix or Kirby Air Ride, Melee and Brawl, and Kid Icarus Uprising of course.

D

Deleted member

Why did I see so many people on Miiverse being sure that we would see Ness being confirmed today?

I mean, what was the reason so many people had the hunch that it would be TODAY if anything?

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
Maybe 3ds is easier because lack of buttons? Or lack of time? I would imagine the wii u version to be the better one of the two just because it's being released months later. So they have more time to work on it?

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
Why did I see so many people on Miiverse being sure that we would see Ness being confirmed today?

I mean, what was the reason so many people had the hunch that it would be TODAY if anything?
The reason was that Earthbound was released in Japan on August 27th, 1994. Only problem is that Sakurai constantly ignores anniversaries. Hopefully not his wedding one though. :p

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
OK, tell you what, it looks great, Sakurai is now revealing more details about the 3ds version instead of showing cool stuffs.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I don't know what the King of Mindgames and Trolls is up to, but I feel that something big is going to come on Friday or next week. And I'm not talking about Ridley.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
So can anyone tell what the other images are on the bottom screen?

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
So there are 48 pages of challenges? I hope each one is tied to an unlock.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
So there are 48 pages of challenges? I hope each one is tied to an unlock.
I'm probably missing it, but where does it mention that? I only see the 35 panel screen. 48 x 35 sounds like a really large number of challenges, but that'd be a lot of stuff to stay occupied with, haha.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I'm probably missing it, but where does it mention that? I only see the 35 panel screen. 48 x 35 sounds like a really large number of challenges, but that'd be a lot of stuff to stay occupied with, haha.
yeah it seems like at most there would be like 3 pages of challenges or something. Like KI:U had three pages.

Iunno 3 is just a good number?

D

Deleted member

The reason was that Earthbound was released in Japan on August 27th, 1994. Only problem is that Sakurai constantly ignores anniversaries. Hopefully not his wedding one though. :p
Ah, that kind of makes sense.

But yeah, the whole anniversary theory concept was a stretch from the beginning anyway.

If anything, I'm sure Ness won't be announced because he's going to be a secret character again. But that's just my hunch.

Top Bottom