• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 26th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Spectator Mode is available even on the compact 3DS version!! In this mode, you can watch players all around the world fight and make bets with in-game gold. Wager wisely by checking out the player names, rules, win rates, odds, fighters, and stage!!"

He also included a second picture saying "Being able to cheer someone on is what really makes spectating matches fun. This time, 1st and 2nd place will get prizes in four-player matches, and spectators can bet the gold they win on Bonus Chances."

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
The only thing people are commenting on this picture about on Miiverse is the leak. Still, I'm glad you can spectate. I want to see people fail online.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
This seems like an innocent pic of the day, until you notice it is just symbolism from Sakurai, to let us know he is always watching us. Betting on who will live, and who will not. o__o

Glad I'm not a leaker. :p

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
Still, I'm glad you can spectate. I want to see people fail online.
That's awful. but I'm glad we're able to spectate as well. And considering the fact that the 3DS and WiiU so far have a good track record for online (Thank God Mario Kart came out before Smash Bros this time), This game is gonna suck up so many hours in my day, everyday. :)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Which character could be unlocked by a certain number of correct bets?

Wario could be money
Is anyone related to gambling?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Betting real money in games was made legal in spectator modes in 2013.

I wonder if this could be an indication of greater emphasis on
1- Hardcore gamers
2- Micro-purchasing/ Monetary gains

*I'm aware this is not with real money, just drawing comparisons*

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Granted, this was revealed in the leaks, but still good to know it's back. At least I'll be able to leave my 3DS on this mode when I don't feel like playing.

Also, you guys do know you could watch Spectator matches in Brawl WITHOUT betting, right? :p

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Something tells me Saukrai is aware of the leaks. But he kinda just threw more evidence to support it....

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
Live spectating? Not like what brawl had right? I hope we get lobbies if it's live matches

Rasko

Smash Apprentice
I had a hunch this would return:grin:.
This seems like an innocent pic of the day, until you notice it is just symbolism from Sakurai, to let us know he is always watching us. Betting on who will live, and who will not. o__o

Glad I'm not a leaker. :p
Glad I'm not bad at Smah so Sakurai doesn't laugh at me:joyful:.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Granted, this was revealed in the leaks, but still good to know it's back. At least I'll be able to leave my 3DS on this mode when I don't feel like playing.

Also, you guys do know you could watch Spectator matches in Brawl WITHOUT betting, right? :p
Yes. You could also bet in Brawl... This is nothing new, so it doesn't really give the leak too much credit. It was a pretty obvious thing to bring back...

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Yes. You could also bet in Brawl... This is nothing new, so it doesn't really give the leak too much credit. It was a pretty obvious thing to bring back...
Oh, I know you could bet in Brawl. Admittedly, I did it every now and then myself. XD
And good point.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
GameStop manager: That'll be $70. -_- We also come with this-....

Ben: It's okay! Thanks! (I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH PEOPLE PLAY THIS!)

GameStop Manager: Do you want your... recipt ._.

(Ben left the store never turning back.)

Last edited:

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Hehe, kinda expecting how Smashboards will be the big mafia of Smash Gambling...

"Let's make a tournament, build hype in X player but the Y player will beat him and we will be millionaires! (in smash coins)"

Jokes aside, nice feature and hoping to watch great matches often

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Maybe Sakurai is spectating us and placing bets on whether or not we will believe the leaks.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Don't forget the ZSS alt;). So It's Gambling References, Violence, Drug use, and Cartoon partial nudity.
Partial nudity? The only place you see her skin is on her face and hands...

Also it looks like there will be long waiting times. By long I mean 20 seconds or smt, but still...

Also, it looks like the odds are just done through the player's global smash rank thing, as opposed to WL ratio. That kinda disappoints me...

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
3DS watches online... but doesn't PLAY online?

you marketing scoundrels... oh well, my own fault for not owning a Wii U...

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
SAKURAI PLZ HELP US THIS LEAK IS ABOUT TO BECOME A HUGE GAP PLUG IT UP ALREADY BEFORE WE ALL DROWN.

Rasko

Smash Apprentice
Partial nudity? The only place you see her skin is on her face and hands...

Also it looks like there will be long waiting times. By long I mean 20 seconds or smt, but still...

Also, it looks like the odds are just done through the player's global smash rank thing, as opposed to WL ratio. That ksinda disappoints me...
I was talking about ZSS' alternate costumes:upsidedown:.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
3DS watches online... but doesn't PLAY online?

you marketing scoundrels... oh well, my own fault for not owning a Wii U...
Of course the 3DS version plays online...

Great update, IMO. I love the idea of a spectator mode.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
It will be interesting in spectator mode to see pros beating noobs. I think the online scene is going to change the smash community and grow it in ways we can't imagine. :D

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
I know nobody will believe me, but I had a really funny feeling that this week would be all about game modes, and that tonight spectator mode would be officially unveiled, but I was out with folks far too late and didn't get to post here until now. Anyway, this is good news, its always fun to watch others once and a while.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
In the pictures that were leaked after the video we saw exactly this kind of gambling, plus the fact that "Final Destination Mode" is now called "Ω Mode". If that doesn't confirm the leak I don't know what does.

jigglover

Smash Lord
In the pictures that were leaked after the video we saw exactly this kind of gambling, plus the fact that "Final Destination Mode" is now called "Ω Mode". If that doesn't confirm the leak I don't know what does.
This feature was in Brawl, so that doesn't mean that the leak is real. Plus, spectator gambling was shown before, IIRC.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Duck Hunt Dog video footage or bust. Seriously though, just because part of the leak appears accurate =/= the entire leak is 100% real. Just like how the DLC info being fake =/= the entire leak is debunked.

As for today's PotD, color me surprised because this was not what I was expecting! Cool feature, I never really made much use of it in Brawl, but maybe I'll give it a shot this time around.

Top Bottom