• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 22nd

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. The 3DS version has an excellent Sounds collection! The design looks nice for a sound test screen, doesn't it? The font color for the "Remix" text on remixed songs comes in pink or white. The pink ones are songs arranged for this version of Super Smash Bros., while the white ones are remixes made in earlier Smash Bros. games. This means there are reoccuring songs from past releases."

He also included a second picture saying "Choose your songs and play with features on the bottom screen. You can listen to character voices, too. One of the new highlights for this feature is the "Play in Sleep Mode" option in the upper right. If you turn this on, you can listen to the tracks with your headphones even when your Nintendo 3DS is closed. The L and R Buttons will let you skip tracks. This means you can use it as a portable music player. Enjoy listening to the tracks you love by putting all songs in loop, shuffle, or selecting your favorite tracks!!"

Finally, he included a couple additional comments saying "In Smash Run, the background music plays randomly from the songs you select from the track list. This means you can customize your own song lineup!! Usually each stage has two tracks-which makes for a lot of songs on its own-but as a bonus, we've added more songs for you to enjoy in Smash Run and in the Sounds area."

"By the way, here's another music announcement!! You can now listen to some of the tracks on the official website. We're planning to add more tracks a little at a time, so stay tuned.
www.smashbros.com"

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
Stayed up late just for this, also I won't have to look like an idiot with my 3DS open when I listen to music now.
EDIT: We can listen to the music now on the website? I cri!

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
gj sakurai making everyone wait for this

0/10 would probably not wait again

*goes to put clothes on*

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Sakurai posted another comment. There's more.

"In Smash Run, the background music plays randomly from the songs you select from the track list. This means you can customize your own song lineup!! Usually each stage has two tracks-which makes for a lot of songs on its own-but as a bonus, we've added more songs for you to enjoy in Smash Run and in the Sounds area."

"By the way, here's another music announcement!! You can now listen to some of the tracks on the official website. We're planning to add more tracks a little at a time, so stay tuned. www.smashbros.com"

EDIT: Okay, it's been added to the top now. Can a mod delete this please?

Last edited:

CadePirate

Smash Apprentice
Waited.......and played some minecraft.....gotta say this is pretty worth it to listen to the music like an Ipod.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
HOLY SHEIK
It's finally here!
and also, now we can assume who will be in as far as characters due to the composers.

Last edited:

CadePirate

Smash Apprentice
Musicians of Nintendo 3DS version

ArtistMain Compositions
ACE (TOMOri Kudo / CHiCO)Xenoblade Chronicles
Music for "ONE PIECE exhibition" under the editorship of Eiichiro Oda

I found this on the website! Never thought I would see something about ONE PIECE in smash bros.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Do people even read before posting? Most posts are one minute after the pic showed up...

So now the 3DS is becoming a portable musicplayer? Too bad it's a bit too big for that... I'll just manage to get the songs on mp3 somehow and then put em on my iPod.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
The songs available: (should I collapse these?)

Multi-Man Smash

Battle! (Trainer Battle) (Pokémon X and Pokémon Y)
Full Steam Ahead (Spirit Tracks)

Last edited:

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
I stayed up late for this and now I'm super salty.... Expected a lot more today, especially since we had to wait so long for it.

Guess I'll take my tired ass to bed.

Also inb4 there's a xenoblade song so Shulk confirmed = Leak confirmed.

#TeamDontGiveA****

lob

Smash Cadet
NNID
FunkyLobster
3DS FC
0877-1680-1612
to be honest thats actually a really nice feature. i loved brawls soundtrack, probably going to love this ones.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
One of the reasons to play Smash is for it's excellent music choices, so to listen to that music on the 3DS like an Ipod is one of the best things to happen so far for this game.

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
Music sounds amazing. I just hope the main theme isn't remixed like 50 times like brawl did with it's main theme because it'll get old really fast. I know it's in the training area as well from what the 3ds demo had.

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
Nobody has mentioned it yet, but is Sakurai trying to troll us or something? Yesterday, Ghirahim was announced as an AT, yet here we are, with a screenshot featuring his theme song... Is he really an AT? I wonder...

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Also inb4 there's a xenoblade song so Shulk confirmed = Leak confirmed
There is no Xenoblade song yet. The composer of the Xenoblade OST is mentioned but that does not automatically mean that there is a Xenoblade song in Smash4. Sure its pretty likely that there will be a Xenoblade song but its not confirmed.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Completely non-gameplay but still a pleasing announcement, Sakurai does seem to know what he's doing.

Nobody has mentioned it yet, but is Sakurai trying to troll us or something? Yesterday, Ghirahim was announced as an AT, yet here we are, with a screenshot featuring his theme song... Is he really an AT? I wonder...
Maybe he's an AT who is also a stage boss? I can't imagine Sakurai lying to us outright and character assist trophies are unheard of.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think it's more along the lines of disconfirming him so people don't get fake hype today.

Ovyngm

Smash Rookie
Notice Dark Souls is one of the series mentioned, I don't think the composer list is confirming any characters.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Nice menu he has there.

I don't believe in the leaks because those menus are absolutely hideous in comparison.

Last edited:

Gigawattz

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1478-3568-2454
Oh this is actually pretty cool. This also reminds me of the Sky Jukebox from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.

Top Bottom