• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 20th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. The treasure chests that appear in Smash Run are very important. Not only do they give you stat boosts, but they also give you custom parts (the bag on the right) and Smash Run powers (the bag on the left). You should pick these up and use them in the next battle!!"

He also included a second picture saying: "…However, watch out for Mimicuties disguised as treasure chests. Run away! RUN AWAY!!"

Last edited by a moderator:

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
If you can use projectiles to find these Mimicuties (Which I will have nightmares of), Good pewpew Rockman will be a great choice for Smash Run!

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
They could call this game Super Smash Bros. Uprising and I wouldn't even be mad.

Anyway, now I know what to look for on my quest to unlock all custom parts!

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i swear if i see one more comment about someone being pissed off because kid icarus is Quote on qoute being "over represented" i'm going to flip

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
I know I'm in the minority, but I gotta say man I'm just not interested in Smash Run at all.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Yesterday we got bikinis, today we get chests with sexy girl legs. Great, is this week all about being seductive

Zoa

Smash Ace
While the premise of Smash Run is interesting, I see it as a gimmick I'll only play to beat the **** out of creatures from other series. Just killing things for five minutes to get power ups for a battle is tedious, not only in the initial stages of Smash Run, but possibly how the outcome of the power ups might affect the match.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I swear this week is all about sexualization.

Tuesday: Samus's midriff

Wednesday: NPC Smash Run enemy with long sexy legs and a deep heaving chest.

i swear if i see one more comment about someone being pissed off because kid icarus is Quote on qoute being "over represented" i'm going to flip
Kid Icarus is over represented. It's been said before and it'll be said again. Prepare to flip like Two Face's coin.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Mimicuties are going to claim the lives of several hapless players. In their own games they are surprisingly strong for a monster-in-a-box enemy.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
First 18 comments and no obnoxiously large gifs from people begging for likes? This is gonna be a good day.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Tomorrow we'll probably see a bikini Captain Falcon alt...
NO! No no no no no no no no no no no...*breaths deeply*...no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no........*breaths even deeper*.....no no no!

A thousand times - no! Speedos or no dice!

And in other news; Zero Suit Samus is stuck in a chest and her alternate costume..........I think Sarukai is high on something real good.

...just sayin'...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What do the Mimicuties do exactly aside from tricking you into thinking they're real treasure chests?
If it's like Kid Icarus: Uprising, they will be obnoxiously strong enemies.

These enemies are a pain in the original game, since you're expecting them to be treasure chests but are actually these ridiculously strong enemies. Their kicks deal a lot of damage and they're quite resilient, taking a lot of hits before defeat.

LoneWolfRanger

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I think we got how smash run works... can we please get some information about gameplay itself? Like... are they improving the E3 build?

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
I encountered one of the Mimicuties during the 3DS preview at Best Buy. They will beat your face in if you are not prepared.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I always liked the idea that you have to actually care about opening chests and be wary. I liked it in Uprising and I liked it in Dark Souls. I'm totally welcoming this portion of smash run.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Here are my thoughts on the matter:

Seriously though, I hated Mimicuties, they tried to get me! O^O

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Oh look smash run again as if we didn't already know this crap! C'mon Sak-Man!!! (>_<)

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Dont you guys just love smash run Potd I mean he is going into so much detail this must be the best mode in the game.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Goron Tunic Link! My favourite colour by far.
What do the Mimicuties do exactly aside from tricking you into thinking they're real treasure chests?
They're pretty strong in Kid Icarus. On smash, I don't know how strong they'll be though.

Based on the Nintendo Smash Direct, we only saw that they kick you, and they also seem to have super-armour and deal a lot of damage:

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Hah, this is funny because everyone already figured this out from the direct. But seriously, I just started playing uprising and the first mimicutie I can up against kicked my ass.

Top Bottom