• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - January 30th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Both Link and Pit use bows, but when they fire simultaneously, their arrows meet and cancel out closer to Pit. Besides attack power and projectile speed, there are many elements that affect tactics, such as accuracy, vulnerability after attacking, and even seemingly unrelated features like a character's physical abilities."

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
... Huh. Where's the pic?

Edit: Aha, there it is!

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
This picture means that Pits arrow takes much longer to fire as opposed to Links arrow, since they fired at the exact same time but Links arrow pretty much almost hit Pit. I guess this is what Sakurai meant in terms of balancing, instead of messing with the power of the attack he will focus on other aspects like accuracy, vulnerability lag after attacks, load up time to execute attacks etc.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
So at least that part of Smash Bros won't change. Good to see that the clanking system is still in effect. Somewhere out there, M2K is waiting for that frame data. :p

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
What the hell is wrong with Pit's neck? And his left arm? And, well, everything about him looks disfigured.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
in smash 4 when pit fires an arrow he dislocates his shoulders and breaks his neck and back, taking 8 damage.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
It's. .. an uncomfortable looking pose, but it looks like something one could do without breaking their bones haha.

At any rate, it's awesome to see Sakurai making the younger/casual crowd aware of the more tactical/technical aspects of Smash via Miiverse. Gives me hope that his goal is to make the game more competitively viable, but also help people become aware of that play-style so that people don't feel alienated or whatever his fear with making Brawl was.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
It's. .. an uncomfortable looking pose, but it looks like something one could do without breaking their bones haha.

At any rate, it's awesome to see Sakurai making the younger/casual crowd aware of the more tactical/technical aspects of Smash via Miiverse. Gives me hope that his goal is to make the game more competitively viable, but also help people become aware of that play-style so that people don't feel alienated or whatever his fear with making Brawl was.
I think I like that idea. Honestly... While they should put in a more competitive feel into the game, they should also keep in regard to the people who play Smash solely for fun. Break the competitive barrier in a way that an inexperienced player can learn to be competitive should they wish to win. If they did it like that, then I'm sure that Smash Bros. 4 can have a chance of a longevity similar to Melee. That is the difference between a good game and a great game.

Justin Bailey

Smash Cadet
I like how Sakurai is slowly being more technical with some of these pics.

Now if he starts talking about frame data and hitboxes... :D

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
All these troll Kid Icarus pictures.
As a Palutena fan I'm getting somewhat impatient...
Same boat sort of. Maybe I'm not as big a fan, but I'm finding it best to just turn off my hype until we get news of a Direct. But when we do... I'm gonna feel the anxiety.

I like how Sakurai is slowly being more technical with some of these pics.

Now if he starts talking about frame data and hitboxes... :D
I doubt he'd do so in those terms haha. But I wouldn't by surprised to see him comment on how interact different and how it's important to know where your hits land. In fact, that statement of "accuracy" in today's pic might have been the user-friendly way to reference to hitboxes?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I don't know about teasing us with KI stuff, since I doubt he'd change is schedule based on a leak, but the fact that the last two weeks KI has been fairly prominent suggests that maybe the leak showed who it showed because her time was near...

About Link though, doesn't he always crouch? o.O I haven't played in a while.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I suppose given the personality given to him in Uprising it's not too out of character? haha.

Bravo

Smash Cadet
NNID
E.Bravo
3DS FC
0877-2579-3179
Link is getting buffed by Sakurai?! Impossible!

Top Bottom