• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 15th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. This is the final destination version of Gerudo Valley. No more surprise visits from Koume and Kotake, and the bridge is gone. There are no distractions and there's nowhere to run. And the score that plays in the background is "Gerudo Valley."

He also added "You can make most stages turn into a final destination. Depending on the stage, it might be floating in midair or perched on a cliff."

Last edited by a moderator:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
FD is not even close to being the best/even stage in the game. BF is the best by far.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I love that you can see the Gerudo Fortress in the background of this picture.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'm glad that he cleared this up. I was racking my brain for months wondering what song was gonna play on this stage.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Interesting to note might be that if some of the final destinations have flat vertical sides leading all the way down to the blastzone, it renders a significant difference from it's aerial counterpart. Characters with a good wall jump benefit by that standard, or character's like Link can bomb themselves against the low wall for an extra recovery as opposed to being to far from the ledge to recover.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I'm hip. There should be battlefield versions of stages. FD is too good for fighters like Falco.
Pretty much any camper holds an advantage as they force approaches. I call FD friggin dumb because of that.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Exactly. When it's two physical fighters it's fine, but add a projectile user and it's totally imbalanced.
Well in lieu of that, it shouldn't affect tournaments too much, and if your opponent picks FD ya gotta know your MU and how to beat camping, also the game looks to be faster and more offense based than brawl thus far, so zoners may be facing stiffer opposition this time.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Who cares if it's only FD forms and not BF forms? At least Sakurai cares enough to do this for people. This is the first time he has done something like this; it probably won't be perfect right now. Be happy that Sakurai is at least trying...

Jackson

Smash Lord
Listen, I'm not totally complaining... I appreciate the variety. I do think that it offers campers an advantage, but like @ Zane the pure Zane the pure said, the game speed looks to be faster. I'll have to learn the matchups anyway, like I did in Brawl.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Well it's better than nothing. Projectile users will be like "I get to COUNTERPICK FD!" and sound like the astronaut in the Lego movie when he gets to BUILD A SPACESHIP!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Exactly. When it's two physical fighters it's fine, but add a projectile user and it's totally imbalanced.
Ironically, Little Mac may actually able to deal with projectile spammers with the flinch resistant frames that his attacks seem to offer, so that might make him one of the very few close combat fighters that even Fox and Falco need to be careful against.

Last edited:

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
It's good to see that the for glory mode is making its way to the 3DS as well. I do see some people calling for a battle field type stage for the for glory mode as well. I agree with the idea. Hopefully it can be something that is implemented via dlc at some point.

If the battlefield stages don't happen I won't be beat up about it. Because it's honestly not the big of a deal. It could be a nice new dlc addition though.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
What.

The stage is called Final Destination.

Now we have a bunch.

Is Final Destination just First Destination now.

In all seriousness, I think this is a pretty fun idea. I do prefer stages without crazy stage hazards sometimes.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
I like Final Destination a lot and play on it a lot. So I actually like the inclusion of 'every destination'. I would hat it, though, if every stage had a battle field skin, as battle field is among my least liked stages since... well... since the dawn of smash.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Does this means this turns off stage hazards?
Yes. It converts the stage in a final destination clone. No additional features or platforms. It's basically FD with a reskin and different music.

Wouldn't it just be easier to make a "stage hazards on/off" option?
No, because that would remove the incentive to play in stages that have hazards. This idea is better if you want to play in a FD-esque stage but are in need of an scenario change. Or you know, you can always choose Battlefield and it's variants.

Last edited:

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
It's good to see that the for glory mode is making its way to the 3DS as well. I do see some people calling for a battle field type stage for the for glory mode as well. I agree with the idea. Hopefully it can be something that is implemented via dlc at some point.

If the battlefield stages don't happen I won't be beat up about it. Because it's honestly not the big of a deal. It could be a nice new dlc addition though.

If people want battlefield versions of these stages, I think it would be best to swarm the Mii-verse post with this suggestion. I think if enough gamers speak out then things will get done, example XBOX One policies, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zero price drop, project rain fall, most of all Earth Bound for the Virtual Console. If it doesn't get added in during release I can't see why it can't be added as DLC.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Remember that FD versions of stages will also be available outside of the For Glory mode. (It would be stupid if they were exclusive for that mode, to be honest.)

On the Smash Direct, there are several instances of items being used on Final Destination versions of stages.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
I like the whole every-stage-has-a-tourney-legal-counterpart idea, but it would probably be more balanced if it were BattleField instead of FD, but then again, we don’t know he’s not gonna add BF counterparts too.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
So currently, besides graphics and additional music and more boring stages, the WiiU version has nothing more to offer than the 3DS except for a later release date. Sakurai better wow my socks off with new modes for WiiU at E3. This is bs.

LunethF

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luneth
3DS FC
5327-1175-2830
So currently, besides graphics and additional music and more boring stages, the WiiU version has nothing more to offer than the 3DS except for a later release date. Sakurai better wow my socks off with new modes for WiiU at E3. This is bs.
The stages on 3DS are dreadful. I don't think we've seen a single viable stage apart from Battlefield. In general, all of the Wii U stages look better than the 3DS ones too, the Pilotwings stage looks astounding for example.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Oh please do tell me how much you know about the Wii U version despite not having received enough details nor played the game. Your ignorance is BS.

Last edited:

GnOME

Smash Rookie
FD is not even close to being the best/even stage in the game. BF is the best by far.
I somewhat agree. Do bear in mind though that Sakurai and his team will probably be using FD version stages when attempting to balance characters for competitive/glory play. So with the new gameplay mechanics and AT's it may seem more fair and reasonable than you'd expect (hope is all that remains).

That and SMASHVILLE is by far the BEST STAGE. Gotta love that balloon and Randall wannabe platform.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
Oh please do tell me how much you know about the Wii U version despite not having received enough details nor played the game. Your ignorance is BS.
I'm talking about what we know so far, hence the currently.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
No, because that would remove the incentive to play in stages that have hazards. This idea is better if you want to play in a FD-esque stage but are in need of an scenario change. Or you know, you can always choose Battlefield and it's variants.
Don't get me wrong, I like a scenario change every now and then, but don't hazards keep a stage from being used competitively? Personally, I 'd like to see more than FD and BF used, if it were possible.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
The shortcomings of FD-only mode I think will affect me worse in 3DS than Wii U since the gap seems to be so much larger.

I'm still excited for both versions, and stoked that 3DS is coming out so soon, but having to (mostly) choose from "hazards up the ass" and FD is kind of a bummer. I think Arena Ferox is the only neutral looking stage on 3DS so far, maybe Prism Tower as well.

Top Bottom