• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 14th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Here's a very, very new fighter in the upcoming Smash games, Greninja. Greninja's sophisticated moves are extremely fun to use once you get used to how it controls!"

He also included a second photo saying "The side special attack Shadow Sneak is a move that makes Greninja suddenly disappear and ambush opponents. If you press and hold the button, Greninja will move a greater distance. Another unique feature is you can move Greninja around freely while charging up."

Last edited by a moderator:

Antexerxes

Training Partner?
NNID
Orochi-Aizen
3DS FC
2509-3490-1795
No matter how many dope pics he post, I'm still salty i have to wait soooo long for the Wii U version to drop in the winter. No rush tho!

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
So basically Shadow Sneak is like the new Dimensional Cape?

yamatosenpai

Smash Cadet
I will probably main Wii fit trainer or use this guy in the beginning and then switch around my main like 50 times till I find someone I like.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
lol, why is everyone claiming greninja as their main already... stop being so overhyped lol

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
greninja is not OP... it just has high speed and good ability, nothing more... one trickroom setup and he's done for...
He's got horrible defenses and no bulking moves...

But there won't be any issue about his ability protean or torrent in smash, so there's no OP anymore. Speed isn't everything ye know... it would suck if they actually squeezed that pokemonbattle mechanic in his build... like fire attacks wouldn't harm very much n stuff...

Anyways, it's not pokemon x/y, it's smash.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
We need more ninja!!!
Im still waiting for anything that related to Takamaru in Smash!

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Because Pokemon x and y made him op. XD
I cut Greninja from my team eventually in Pokemon Y because he ended up having the worst stats! =P

Regardless.. I really didn't think there would be time for them to add a X/Y Pokemon to the Smash Bros roster. Greninja looks legit, too.

Last edited:

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Who would leave Greninja in against a Scizor? And how many times are you gonna run across a Trick Room team?

BTW, that side-B looks like an awesome recovery move.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
I say, these sophisticated moves are rather dashing. Indubitably, such attacks are incredibly complicated, if I do say so myself. *Sips tea, fixes monocle, strokes mustache* I shall utilize this character to its fullest potential. Tally ho!

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Who would leave Greninja in against a Scizor? And how many times are you gonna run across a Trick Room team?
A little off topic we go, but withthe right moveset, protean greninja can demolish a scizor with ease... It's never that good to use steel against water. IF you have Water Shuriken, you'll outspeed Scizor's bullet punch also. Scizor would be a bad choice against a watertype.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
A little off topic we go, but withthe right moveset, protean greninja can demolish a scizor with ease... It's never that good to use steel against water. IF you have Water Shuriken, you'll outspeed Scizor's bullet punch also. Scizor would be a bad choice against a watertype.
MSG was talking about Greninja already being Ice-type, that's why I thought it'd be weird to leave him in.

iHook

Smash Cadet
I'm a tad confused about the last part of this quote. How can you move around and charge a SIDE special at the same time? Can you jump while charging? If this is the case, time to learn to claw ;)

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I'm a tad confused about the last part of this quote. How can you move around and charge a SIDE special at the same time? Can you jump while charging? If this is the case, time to learn to claw ;)
Once you press SideB, hold B and move however you like. I'm pretty sure that's what he meant.

EDIT: Didn't realize someone responded to you, since they didn't quote you.

Last edited:

iHook

Smash Cadet
Once you press SideB, hold B and move however you like. I'm pretty sure that's what he meant.

EDIT: Didn't realize someone responded to you, since they didn't quote you.
So would the initial direction input or the final direction input be the direction that you "teleport"?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
So would the initial direction input or the final direction input be the direction that you "teleport"?
Probably initial, and you'll probably keep facing the direction you initially started in, kind of like charged smash moves, but that you can move around.

LoneWolfRanger

Smash Apprentice
stop talking pokemans. This is smash.
Also funny how ppl are calling mains, even though they have not played 1 second with these characters =D

yamatosenpai

Smash Cadet
I cut Greninja from my team eventually in Pokemon Y because he ended up having the worst stats! =P

Regardless.. I really didn't think there would be time for them to add a X/Y Pokemon to the Smash Bros roster. Greninja looks legit, too.
Haha I see XD and yah the only pokemon I was expecting to have a mega for was either Mewtwo or Lucario (both being from X and Y) so seeing Greninja appearing out of no where in that trailer was pretty gnarly and unexpected.

Top Bottom