• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 29th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Classic mode in the Wii U version is set up like a battle coliseum with multiple fighters teamed up with each other. Move your trophy and join in anywhere you want. You can see faint images of stages on the platform--the number of fighters clustered on those images indicates the number of fighters you'll face. As you can see, this feature leverages the fact that the game supports multiplayer with up to eight players."

He also posted a second picture and comment: "After each battle, the fighters that lost get blown away!! The fighters remaining on the field will once again team up with other fighters on the field. You can actually choose fighters you've blown away to join your team in team battles. A rival will always appear in this mode, and the longer that character survives, the stronger it will get."

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Hey Sakurai, how about that newcomer trailer for Duck Hunt? We all know who and who isn't playable and we have been knowing for more than a month now! It's not like there's anymore nasty leaks spraying across the internet that will ruin the suspense! ;)

Last edited:

Chazman2000

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4940-6816-9641
So we can just beat the rival straight away? That kinda sucks. I was hoping that the rivals the last one you beat, before Master Core of course.

Also anyone realized they revealed Jigglypuff, but haven't put her on the website... Woopsies Sakurai.

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
So we can just beat the rival straight away? That kinda sucks. I was hoping that the rivals the last one you beat, before Master Core of course.

Also anyone realized they revealed Jigglypuff, but haven't put her on the website... Woopsies Sakurai.
Yeah I hope this isn't the case. Maybe the rival has powerups that makes it more challenging no matter when you face it?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
God these freaking POTDs are not worth it now.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Apparently :4samus: is goku, she instant transmissions where :4zss: is. . .
After each battle, the fighters that lost get blown away!! The fighters remaining on the field will once again team up with other fighters on the field.
So you're telling me that this :4kirby: could only defeat :4luigi: & that's it. You can't even defeat all 3 of them?

You need to U-throw more Kirby.:troll:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sakurai obviously took an arrow to his knee so his adventurous PotD days are over.
You got the place wrong though, since the injury obviously afflicted his shoulder more. :upsidedown:

He did, however, jam many arrows in the metaphorical knees of supported characters. See: Ghirahim, Takumaru, Ridley, Chrom, and God knows how many others.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You got the place wrong though, since the injury obviously afflicted his shoulder more. :upsidedown:

He did, however, jam many arrows in the metaphorical knees of supported characters. See: Ghirahim, Takumaru, Ridley, Chrom, and God knows how many others.
::que DLC strawgrasping::

B..b...but DLC makes all those characters p..possible! It's DLC!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
::que DLC strawgrasping::

B..b...but DLC makes all those characters p..possible! It's DLC!
Chrom-Robin's Final Smash, plus he's in Robin's victory pose, the intro to the Wii U version, in Pautena's convo about Robin, an online avatar and a trophy. Yeah, he's not happening. Anything can change? Well EVERYTHING would have to change. :upsidedown:
Ridley-The months teased stage boss and a damn fine one at that. At this rate I'd be surprised if he happened.
Takumaru-As it stands, not happening. Maybe he'll get the Little Mac treatment next game.
Ghirahim-See Takumaru, except less likely because Zelda has more games coming.

But let's not derail the POTD into strawgrasping, good Venus.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
This looks awesome, I just wish they hadn't called it "Classic" mode because it's anything but. Still excited to play it either way.

Strofirko

Smash Master
The funny thing will be people expecting new stuff from POTD even after the game releasing.

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I think this mode looks really fun.
I can't wait to play it co-op with @Altern. It'll be fun to see who get's booted off, and who randomly interrupts a match + I LOVE the idea of having a rival.

Seems appropriate that Palutena is the rival in these pics, because :4palutena:=PAIN IN THE REAR. (She's one of my least favorite CPU players to face along with :4lucina:&:4shulk:)

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
The funny thing will be people expecting new stuff from POTD even after the game releasing.
Well IDK maybe people are expecting something like "Surprise! You can also play the game with Melee psychics." Then again, Mewtwo's confirmed, Ridley's deconfirmed, we have the 3DS version, and almost everything else was said in the 50-fact video. What more needs to be said?

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
This is just my own opinion, but I swear classic mode gets consistantly worse in every iteration of Smash Bros. 64 did it the best, Melee was pretty good, Brawl was okay, 3DS is meh, and this ain't really classic mode at all. It might be pretty good, but I dunno about it right now, and it's certainly not classic mode, no matter how you look at it.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'm still trying to fathom how 8 player will work. We like... take turns? They'll split us up for team battles or something. I'm kinda clueless. Sounds interesting though. Would be awesome if all players got to fight the boss together.

Last edited:

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
I'm still trying to fathom how 8 player will work. We like... take turns? They'll split us up for team battles or something. I'm kinda clueless. Sounds interesting though. Would be awesome if all players got to fight the boss together.
Afaik, there is no 8 player for classic mode. Wasn't 2 human players the limit?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
CLASSIC MODE HYPE!!!

2 human players, 6 CPUs

Last edited:

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice

She had a Wii U gameplay video slide too, the one where she puts two people to sleep and rests with them.

She looks very good, she's also not an unlockable in the Wii U version.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Will the character that join your team after you knock them out, suck, like in 9.0 Classic Mode Team Battle on 3DS? :')

No really, then it would pretty much be useless to team up on 9.0 because they're literally a level 1 CPU.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I love how this mode looks! Looks like oodles of fun!

....but Sakurai really needs to read a dictionary and read the definition of "Classic". This mode ain't the Classic mode I grew up with that's for sure.

aleckermit

Smash Cadet
NNID
aleckermit
I'm not too happy about this "Classic" mode or the lack of a Melee-style Adventure mode. Linear progression up to Master Hand was pretty fun, it felt like you were really taking on a Nintendo character on their home turf, but now it's just a big random cluster of fighters on a board. And instead of spending so many resources on character reveal cinematics they could have used the CGI team for Adventure mode cutscenes.

Overall it seems that there are a lot of smaller modes and no big modes. Still gonna be a great game, but I wonder if any of the single player modes will leave memorable impressions down the road.

Last edited:

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
to tell ya the truth...
this new classic looks better and more fun that the other classic modes we have had so far...
i mean the others versions would get repetitive... follow the path, do 12 battles, break the targets, race to the finish... same stuff every time...
I'm glad that this improvement was made

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
God these freaking POTDs are not worth it now.

omigosh im so sorry
This is just my own opinion, but I swear classic mode gets consistantly worse in every iteration of Smash Bros. 64 did it the best, Melee was pretty good, Brawl was okay, 3DS is meh, and this ain't really classic mode at all. It might be pretty good, but I dunno about it right now, and it's certainly not classic mode, no matter how you look at it.
^
Except 3ds Classic wasn't just meh, it was pretty bad.
Hopefully this Classic proves us wrong, but it still won't be Classic mode.

GymleaderBen

Smash Apprentice
Even in smash bros we find the character outed by many cliques that want him dead.
I'm back in high school and its awful

DeFighter97

Smash Rookie
Yea, i feel like there might be ways to make it easier and harder (other than the scale you choose at the beginning)
Well in my opinion on the 3DS version is when that if the player chooses the wrong path that they didn't want to go to, they'll have to fight that opponent.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
This still seems kind of confusing. I guess Master Hand/Core just kind of crashes onto the board at the end, like a giant trophy? That'd be interesting! Master Core's new Fortress mode seems pretty sweet, too. Since, you know, Master Hand is kind of Spam Air Dodge: the Experience.

Top Bottom