• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 22nd

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Here's what's happening behind the scenes in one of the secret fighter's shooting moves. The object being held is called an NES Zapper. This is an accessory which was released for the NES outside of Japan. Now, this image is edited, but it's a scene from the secret fighter's reveal video."

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Hey, another reveal trailer is only something to look forward to. And uhh, looks like this will be the "Newcomer" Trailer on Thursday. No Ridley after all :(

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
DUCK...
...HUNT!

/announcer call

this better not be the big reveal for the livestream

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Anyone expecting characters in the Wii U version that weren't already in the 3DS version are only hurting themselves.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
You guys thought swimsuit Shulk and shorts Zamus were bad but...

Is nobody noticing that we're finally seeing Master Hand naked for the first time ever?

:dazwa:

Last edited:

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Well this was dissapointing.
Let's hope for another Shulk/Robin situation.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I like how Sakurai censors something that we have known since more than a month, anyway, Video Reveal Hype!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
You can just baaaarely make out the tip of the dog's right ear as the only thing that's not pixelated in that picture. But even then, it's still easy to tell that it's him.

The guy's done a better job of hiding Ridley than he has with this guy, not to mention Ganondorf.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Got to be Duck Hunt Dog, I don't like him anyway...............

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
You have one job child... eliminate the monkey. You only get one shot. Use it wisely.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm hoping this isn't the only "big" reveal they have in store for the direct. Smash on 3DS has been released everywhere now, so even the most casual gamers who, for whatever reason, don't look up Smash information online should know about these characters.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I knew Sakurai was going to use the hidden characters as "new information" to build up to the Wii U release... :rolleyes:

Still, at least we'll get plenty of new menus during the livestream...:awesome:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Sakurai has to be legitimately stupid (or insane) to think that anyone following the PotDs somehow doesn't know of Dunk Hunt's inclusion by now.

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Idc if its old news I love these trailers.

Also why are people so pessimistic about this? If it does take up one of the 50 things onthe 23rd big deal. I mean its 50 things, a good chunk of them are going to be great like new game modes and such.

Last edited:

al-LAYN

Smash Cadet
Hey, another reveal trailer is only something to look forward to.
I agree to some extent. On one hand this might seem pointless, but it can also be something to look forward to as a trailer (which are often really fun to watch). I actually enjoyed the Shulk one, even though we knew of him already.

Last edited:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Anyone consider it likely there will be a Duck Hunt stage in there somewhere?

spid3y916

Smash Cadet
We get it, it's Duck Hunt. But if this is going to be the last LAST reveal trailer, maybe there's a small surprise included.

andimidna

Smash Master
Oh so people are mad b/c Duck Hunt/Bowser Jr trailers= no other trailers in Direct = no other characters before release = 3ds is the same as Wii U?
Ok. Well DLC always made the most sense but that really sucks about Ridley. Already gave up on him when I heard about that boss file, but still, that's never going to be enough for him.
I got super-hype for half a second, then understood it was Duck Hunt... oh well.
Same here

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Best PotD ever. Can't wait to see Duck Hunt's trailer, hopefully their trailer is as great as this PotD.

Also, I am hoping they show something in the trailer that would make people stop calling Duck Hunt as "Duck Hunt Dog", but I doubt that is happening, unfortunately.

HellTyrant

Smash Cadet
I can't get enough of Picture Of The Day, this amount of dedication is extremely admirable

Keefer

Smash Cadet
So it's going to be a Duck Hunt reveal trailer and not Mewtwo or Ridley :/

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I don't know, he's making it way too obvious its DHD. Heck, even if we didn't know, he's making it obvious its DHD. I feel this is the #MonadoMonday# all over again,, in which we expected one reveal, but got another instead.

(Now as I wrote this, watch Bowser.Jr be the next revealed character instead) :denzel:

Top Bottom