• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 20th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Here's the settings menu for Rules. Comical pictures appear on the left when you go through the options, so I'll briefly introduce them."

"Going clockwise from the top-left corner, here are the pictures that appear for Rules, Time Limit, Custom Fighters, Stage Choice, Damage Ratio, and Handicap."

"In the Wii U version, you can customize additional rules from the beginning of the game. Here are the pictures displayed for Stock Time Limit, Team Attack, Pause Function, SD Penalty, Damage Display, and Score Display. You can almost hear Fox's cry in the picture displayed for SD Penalty settings."

D

Deleted member

Look like sakurai is showing more of his wife menu again.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
This might be a nooby question, but....

what is SD Penalty?

EDIT: HOLY...! TEMPLE CONFIRMED!!

Last edited:

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
TEMPLE IS CONFIRMED FOR COMING BACK WHOOO.

BOTTOM MIDDLE IN THE LAST PICTURE

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
villager tho.jpg

Comical pictures alright. Friggin Villager is killing me here with that expression.

Last edited:

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
This might be a nooby question, but....

what is SD Penalty?
You can set it up so you don't lose points when you fall off on your own, or you can set it so you lose more points if you fall of the stage on your own.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Villager's face in the last picture, though.

Also, Coin matches are back. Not that I do them, but it's nice to see them return.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
Temple is coming back.... again! For the love of Arceus, why?
Hyrule Temple is so much fun in a free for all totally not serious match, even the best for it possibly.

Also it's easy to port because it was already transferred to Brawl

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
UNICORN IS CONFIRMED FOR COMING BACK WHOOO.

BOTTOM MIDDLE IN THE LAST PICTURE

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule Temple is so much fun in a free for all totally not serious match, even the best for it possibly.

Also it's easy to port because it was already transferred to Brawl
It's my least favorite stage for a free for all, honestly. However, i'll at least look foreword to playing on it in the For Glory version. I also hope the Bridge of Eldin returns. Though, im not sure how likely that is of happening.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Omg temple is coming back. I can't wait to camp in the bottom section and send everybody crashing up and down the ceiling at 200% <3

Also what's with Greninja's -5? Does Sakurai not know of the tier lists yet? :troll:

Edit: I can't wait for the new Gamexplain video dissecting this tiny picture for 80 minutes!!!!

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Too bad that there are no coin modes on the 3DS version, and no special battle at all. I guess they will all be back. I love Super sudden Death.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Wow, never before have I ever been excited for a Menu PotD.
Plus, Temple confirmed!

R0Y

Smash Master
Yes, Temple is back!

Everybody back into the fight club. 400%+ KO's here we go!

Also, Wii Sports resort stage in the top right (Kirby) I think.

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
What stage is it at the top right of the second picture? Has it been confirmed yet?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
And yet nobody has commented on the one useful piece of information revealed here: Additional Rules is a default menu now. This is the first game where it doesn't need to be unlocked.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
Could someone tell me what the stages are in the Pause Function picture and the SD Penalty picture.
Pause function is Pilotwings resort 100%.

SD looks incredible generic, could be anything from the stage creator mountain to dragon roost maybe but that's pushing it.

R0Y

Smash Master
Unlocked from the start? I wonder about characters. Also, I hope all these options mean that item rarity is selectable again also.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
As part of the Pilotwings stage? Maybe. Otherwise that's a new Wii Sports Resort stage
Wii Sports Resort is Pilotwings Resort, they're the same place.

Sakurai obviously just used the stage's data and made it look like Kirby was sitting on the beach, but that grass and trees are in the Pilotwings Resort stage.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I know my friends will be VERY excited that Temple is a returning stage and in glorious HD! I'm super excited that it's returning as well given how many incredible chaotic and wonderful matches I had on that single stage with my friends. Ah, so many amazing memories! ^_^

Oh, it's great to see coin battles retuning, even though I never cared for them in Brawl, but I'm sure someone really likes them. :p

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
The image with Yoshi and Fox looks like the hole from Great Cave Offensive.

In this game mode Kirby falls down a hole and ends up underground looking for treasure. Notice the wave line texture inside the hole and compare it to the Yoshi/Fox image. Also the Tree in the background

comparison thanks to smashboard member Reserved.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
The image with Yoshi and Fox looks like the hole from Great Cave Offensive.

In this game mode Kirby falls down a hole and ends up underground looking for treasure. Notice the wave line texture inside the hole and compare it to the Yoshi/Fox image. Also the Tree in the background

comparison thanks to smashboard member Reserved.
The patterns in the ground in Super Star fit the patterns in the picture of the day.

Really good eye to the person who found this, I'm extremely impressed.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Let's be serious for a second,
Does anyone actually play coin battle?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
The patterns in the ground in Super Star fit the patterns in the picture of the day.

Really good eye to the person who found this, I'm extremely impressed.
Yay! Thank you, haha. I would have posted it myself, but I'm on my phone and checked the PoTD and knew right away what that was. I sent Kirby_Queen what I found over Skype and asked her to post it here for me. Guess my insane love for Kirby is going to pay off!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Yay! Thank you, haha. I would have posted it myself, but I'm on my phone and checked the PoTD and knew right away what that was. I sent Kirby_Queen what I found over Skype and asked her to post it here for me. Guess my insane love for Kirby is going to pay off!
I know! I can't wait for GCO stage. I loved that mode so much~! Also you got me excited over the prospects of an update for the music from GCO! I HOPE!

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
Great now I really wanna play Super star but it's 3 am...

Good job, I am wondering what music they will use other than a most likely arrangement of Great Cave offensive music.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
It looks like Temple may have gotten an HD update.

Top Bottom