• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Smash U officially rated by the ESRB (E10+ as well)

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
You will get me to buy a Amiibo when you make a Ridley one, Sakurai. ( He doesn't have to be playable, I don't think any Ridley merchandise exists. )

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
You will get me to buy a Amiibo when you make a Ridley one, Sakurai. ( He doesn't have to be playable, I don't think any Ridley merchandise exists. )
I don't think Wolf O'Donnell has any playable merchandise either. His amiibo would have been cool. As for the rating..... I guess they don't rate Palutena much otherwise that rating might be just a little bit higher. A lot of Nintendo games get underrated in terms of ESRB. I mean look at Earthbound back in the day E for everyone. Today T for teen because the ESRB saw Giygas.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
"No. of players to be determined."

Is this something they say before every Smash release? Or is the rumor true?

Thegamerguy131

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thegamerguy131
3DS FC
0946-2559-8115
I never understood why Brawl was rated T. Melee was understandable since E10+ didn't exist at that time, but Brawl isn't really deserving of a T rating.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
WILL THE UPSKIRTS BE BLACKED OUT ON THE WII U VERSION?

FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EXCITING EPISODE OF SMASH BROS Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....ahem

In all seriousness, I was expecting the same ranking for the Wii U version. Don't see how upgrading the graphics to the Wii U version causes a game to go T all of a sudden, so this comes as no surprise to me.

This also confirms that the Wii U version will definitely be out by November.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be too sure about November just because of the rating. I think it will be November too, but the rating doesn't play into it.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
I was assuming they'd both get the same rating. I'm curious about the "Number of players undetermined" section.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
I think it is referring to Ridley being a playable boss.
I don't think so, I think it is another hint that 8 people get to play together at once.

- We have seen the files that contained the player tags (P1, P2, P3, to P8).
- We have 8 character alts to choose from.
- We have Boswer Junior and the 7 Koopalings.
- We have 8 Mario characters (not including Dr. Mario).
- ESRB did not say how many people could play, why would they not know after rating the 3DS?

Which raises some interesting questions for me. Is 8 unique Mario characters the reason we did not get Waluigi? Is the unannounced maps for the Wii U built for 8 players? Will we get amazing match ups like Mario + Bowser vs Kirby + Dedede vs Link + Gannon vs Samus + Ridley?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Can't wait for the "Goddamn Spoiler" with ties to the ESRB to leak out Matthew as the stage boss for the Golden Sun Wii U stage and that the Pyrosphere boss was actually Dr. Robotnik piloting a Robo-Ridley mecha all along.

Last edited:

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I don't think so, I think it is another hint that 8 people get to play together at once.

- ESRB did not say how many people could play, why would they not know after rating the 3DS?

Which raises some interesting questions for me. Is 8 unique Mario characters the reason we did not get Waluigi? Is the unannounced maps for the Wii U built for 8 players? Will we get amazing match ups like Mario + Bowser vs Kirby + Dedede vs Link + Gannon vs Samus + Ridley?
If it turns out to be true, no wonder why the Wii U stages were designed to be bigger. (Hell, look at Palutena's Temple)

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman

I don't think an 8 player fight would even be fun. There would just be too much going on to focus.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
"Number of players undetermined," you say? Melee supported 64 players, in a sense. Tournament mode. Winner-out/loser-out supposed eight, the magic number.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
I don't think an 8 player fight would even be fun. There would just be too much going on to focus.
Skyloft, Plalutina's Temple, and Coliseum are really big maps that may have been made with 8 players in mind. I think big maps will break up the fighting into more manageable parts.

"Number of players undetermined," you say? Melee supported 64 players, in a sense. Tournament mode. Winner-out/loser-out supposed eight, the magic number.
Since only four people can play at a time, I don't think Tournament mode applies.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Skyloft, Plalutina's Temple, and Coliseum are really big maps that may have been made with 8 players in mind. I think big maps will break up the fighting into more manageable parts.

Since only four people can play at a time, I don't think Tournament mode applies.
All we know is that there were icons numbered from one to eight, and they were indeed numbered like that in previous games. I honestly don't think the "number of players undetermined" thing means anything.

R0Y

Smash Master
I wouldn't be too sure about November just because of the rating. I think it will be November too, but the rating doesn't play into it.
Has a fair bit to do with it because the ESRB process for full retail games is still sort of a thing because the game has to be printed at least a couple weeks before street date, but instead it may even be at retailers by then. Looking at the day one patch for the 3DS version and maybe this one, I bet the deadlines were really tough on Sakurai's Bandai Namco team. I mean, this was the last major release in the west this year that hadn't nailed down a release date. Even some stuff next year like The Witcher 3 has. If we hadn't had a release date or ESRB rating by the first week of October, I'd have been expecting a delay of some sort.

Nintendo France leaked 21 November though, so unless they done goofed, that's probably it.

R0Y

Smash Master
Maybe we're reading too much into this...
I already gave up on Ridley for SSB4 :p

Personally I think the size of the Wii U stages is just because of huge HDTV displays, and processing power improvements with the move to Wii U. Couldn't do Palutena's Temple with a small SDTV.
I wonder if there'll be any other stages bigger than Melee Temple, maybe that we've seen.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
I already gave up on Ridley for SSB4 :p

Personally I think the size of the Wii U stages is just because of huge HDTV displays, and processing power improvements with the move to Wii U. Couldn't do Palutena's Temple with a small SDTV.
I wonder if there'll be any other stages bigger than Melee Temple, maybe that we've seen.
I hope its not bigger that Melee's temple. I thought New Pork City was too big of a stage... especially when you had to fight a Multi-man Ness or Lucas team on classic mode. Those suckers would spread out.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
All we know is that there were icons numbered from one to eight, and they were indeed numbered like that in previous games. I honestly don't think the "number of players undetermined" thing means anything.
There was a lot more then 8 players in tournament mode though, and we would have seen that in the files. At the least P9 would need to have been there to have all the digits we need for P10 and higher.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I never understood why Brawl was rated T. Melee was understandable since E10+ didn't exist at that time, but Brawl isn't really deserving of a T rating.
Wario. Enough said.

They had more time to get used to him this time around. In fact, they almost when to an M rating just for Wario. :troll:

Majora999

Smash Cadet
NNID
Majora999
Looks like no Wii U ESRB Leak to reveal all the stages.

Good.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
No wonder the IC were not in if 8 player was in the works. Imagine 16 little eskimoes running amok.

Top Bottom