• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

#Smash The Record: August 22-25 Marathon Melee Tournament in Orlando, Florida for Charity

idea

Smash Master
Smash The Record was organized to try to break the Guinness World Record for “Longest Video Games Marathon Playing a Fighting Game"—the current record stands at 48 hours. The event is being hosted by the University of Central Florida's gaming club, Gaming Knights, which will be donating all profits directly to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

smashtherecord.jpg

Stream: VGBootCamp

C9|Mang0, P4K EMP|Mew2King, CRS|Hungrybox, FRQ|HugS and SS|S0ft will all be in attendance. But who will be the brave soul staying up for more than two straight days to claim the record? None other than SS|Gahtzu, Florida's own Falcon main who fought for the East Coast in the MLG 2014 crew battle. Gahtzu officially began playing at roughly 2:00 PM EST today.

Tune in on Friday at approximately 4:00 PM EST for Melee Doubles, Saturday at 12:00 noon EST for Melee Singles Pools, and Sunday at 12:00 noon EST for the Melee Singles Bracket. The Salty Suite is scheduled for 8:00 PM EST on Saturday.

Since there are four days to work with, the tournament will also include a number of wacky side events, including but not limited to Giant Melee, 1v1 Pokeball battles, Stamina mode, and challenges provided by the Twitch chat. Click here to see the full schedule.

You can donate on this page, and check the available donation incentives and prizes here.

[Smashboards Thread]
[Facebook Event]
[IndieGoGo Event]

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Aw, no PM?

Still, wonder how that Poke Ball battle is gonna turn out. Think that will get a little crazy.

Good luck to the Falco who's gonna try and play for 4 days straight. Jeeze...

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Looking forward to tuning in all weekend. I urge people to donate to a good cause and support these players for their efforts.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
They're beating the record no doubt.

I want some Pichu action up in here.

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
Smashers are committed, they got it for sure.
Props to everybody involved, especially Gahtzu.

Good luck and have fun.

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
Wasn't the previous record set by a group of friends and their stash of Mountain Dew playing Brawl?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
The Smash competitive scene's got what it takes. I can't wait for when they break the record. Cause it ain't a matter a' if, it's a matter a' when. Thumbs up to everyone competing, especially Gahtzu.

GO GO POWER RANGERS GAHTZU!!!!

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
First day: I was kinda bored and left early. Not enough set ups for friendlies and most taken up for Melee. Will be going back tomorrow with amigos and two set ups. Great thing they are doing.

Acryte

Smash Ace
I stayed up the first 72hrs straight when I first played pokemon red as a kid. I finally crashed out when I was having mental delusions, confusing fantasy and reality. Good luck all!

Top Bottom