• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Summit 2: The Case For Wizzrobe

As Smash Summit 2 heads into its voting phase players will be paying with their wallets for which six players will be invited to attend the event alongside those ten already invited. Smashboards is giving the opportunity to all those involved to come here and make the case for why they should make it in. At the time of writing Wizzrobe is among the bottom three who will be eliminated in the first voting phase. Among the best Captain Falcon mains in the world and one of the players trying to bring 20GX, what other reasons does Wizzrobe deserve to be at Smash Summit 2? Here is the case for Wizzrobe.

A Cross Competitor

Wizzrobe has a long history competing across every title in the series outside of Brawl. 2013 was the year that Wizzrobe really started to make major impacts across the entire Smash scene. He won Zenith 2013 for Project M without dropping a single set and placed 9th there in Smash 64, and 17th in Melee. His 2014 was just as stellar with 5th and 2nd in Melee and Project M at CEO 2014, 5th place at Apex 2014 for Smash 64, and plenty of other high placements. He earned himself a place on the SSBMRank for 2014 and has only been rising ever since.

But how did he get started in Melee? "I started playing Melee when my friend showed me the game when I was 6 years old." He didn't always play as Captain Falcon either. Back in those young days he played as Kirby, moving onto Fox, and finally adding Captain Falcon to the mix. It took him several years to truly dive into the competitive scene but he was inspired by two legends of the game. "I got into competitive scene when I saw my first tourney video: doubles at MLG with Ken and Isai" he told us.

Ken + Isai vs Chudat + Manacloud MLG Vegas Doubles Finals 2006

Since then he has dedicated himself to his favorite character: Captain Falcon. "He has the fastest running speed, his combos are super cool, and I love F-Zero," he explained. Wizzrobe also believes he can take anyone on at the summit. When asked for his biggest weakness he confidently proclaimed, "Nothing in particular if I'm being honest." He also went on to tell us about the upsets he believes he can cause. "I've taken games off of every player I've played. I honestly want to play them all."

His final words to convince the public to vote? "I play Captain Falcon, a character that will be very entertaining to watch. More entertaining than a typical Fox, Sheik, Falco, or Marth. I'm one of the youngest players in the game. I have one of the fastest improvement rates in Smash, so this experience would benefit me especially a lot."

---​

Want to see Wizzrobe at Smash Summit 2? Voting end March 4th at 3PM PDT so be sure to go vote for his entry into the Smash Summit. Agree or disagree with his case to join the event? Tell us in the comments below and don't forget to stay tuned to Smashboards as other stars make their case to enter Smash Summit 2.

Comments

I dunno if he'll still get my vote. He could probably do really well in bracket, but something about Duck is REALLY fun to watch instead of Dthrow x 5 > knee.

Really, really hope Wizzrobe gets in. He brings something that other Falcon mains don't, and that's expertise in the Sheik and Falco match ups. He's got so much potential, and he's come so close to upsetting all the players in the top 10, including the gods. This event could help him break so many ceilings.

Vote Wizzrobe!

A dedicated player that has a deep interest for getting better through practice with Melee, who doesn't bribe people with money, who is heavily supportive of the game played at Smash at Summit? A player that hasn't ever given up on Melee for another game?

My vote's in.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Wizzy is the future of Falcon. He's committed to learning the character inside and out and he's been steadily improving every year. He's also come closer than any Falcon player ever has to taking a set off of M2K's Sheik. I would love to see him get a chance to practice against the best in the world at the Summit.

Unlike ESAM, who isn't even one of the best Samus players in Melee yet is getting all the votes, Wizzrobe is actually, and undoubtedly, one of the 3 best Captain Falcon players. So Wizzrobe has a way better case for being voted in. But this voting process is nothing but a popularity contest. So Wizzrobe won't make it.

A dedicated player that has a deep interest for getting better through practice with Melee, who doesn't bribe people with money, who is heavily supportive of the game played at Smash at Summit? A player that hasn't ever given up on Melee for another game?

My vote's in.
*COUGH* esam *COUGH*

I play Captain Falcon, a character that will be very entertaining to watch.
Not when all you're doing is dash dancing then dthrowing them for their entire stock until an upair/knee opportunity presents itself.

I apologize, but I will not be voting for Wizzrobe.

Unlike ESAM, who isn't even one of the best Samus players in Melee yet is getting all the votes, Wizzrobe is actually, and undoubtedly, one of the 3 best Captain Falcon players. So Wizzrobe has a way better case for being voted in. But this voting process is nothing but a popularity contest. So Wizzrobe won't make it.
He even beat S2J at Pax Arena! He's certainly among the best falcons if not the best. At least he has caught a bit of momentum after this article was posted.

The irrational hatred for the 20GX play style is practically a meme at this point, with the living embodiment of the hate being Scar.

Really, really hope Wizzrobe gets in. He brings something that other Falcon mains don't, and that's expertise in the Sheik and Falco match ups. He's got so much potential, and he's come so close to upsetting all the players in the top 10, including the gods. This event could help him break so many ceilings.

Vote Wizzrobe!
N0ne is so much better as a falcon player and to watch.

Wizzy may be a great player but using CF doesn't automatically make him more interesting than another main.
His CF is basically a reaction tech chasing Sheik with a knee.

Wizzy may be a great player but using CF doesn't automatically make him more interesting than another main.
His CF is basically a reaction tech chasing Sheik with a knee.
Right. Falcon's fast running speed, completely different spacing tools, lack of a sex kick, horrible recovery, "air wobbling," spike, lack of projectile, and different follow ups to tech chasing make him no different from sheik at all.

Not when all you're doing is dash dancing then dthrowing them for their entire stock until an upair/knee opportunity presents itself.

I apologize, but I will not be voting for Wizzrobe.
You have a very limited view of the game if that's all you see. If falcon gets touched he gets punished much harder than other characters. Falcon's like a cobra in a fight with a mongoose (except falcon vs fox, falco, and marth (maybe sheik) isn't as bad for falcon as the cobra vs a mongoose is).

If a cobra strikes and hits, it's deadly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbkWe0e6fS4

But if a cobra strikes and misses, it's a huge overextension and things like this happen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEcXHkUNPwA

My points are thus:
1. Wizzrobe does WAY more than dd and dthrow, uair and knee.
2. Falcon has much less leeway as far as "styling" goes, one mistake and he's done. You have to play very patiently if you play falcon.

Top Bottom