• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Summit 2: The Case For Druggedfox

As Smash Summit 2 heads into its voting phase players will be voting with their wallets for which six players will be invited to attend the event alongside those ten already invited. Smashboards is giving the opportunity to all those involved to come here and make the case for why they should make it in. Druggedfox has been taking names and doing great work this year but at the time of writing is in 11th place which will leave him eliminated after the next round of voting. Should Druggedfox be at Smash Summit 2? Here's the case for Druggedfox.

---​

Druggedfox started playing Melee all the way back in 2004 but it took a video from an infamous Fox player named Zeldagis made a video that changed Fox play forever. "I always played smash as a kid casually, although I never owned the game," he told us. "Watching Shined Blind got me into the competitive aspect of the game! It was just awesome seeing a game I loved, a game I thought I understood, being taken to totally new heights that I couldn't even comprehend."

This passion lasted him for seven years and with an opportunity heading into Evo 2015 he took a chance to make a statement. "I graduated from university in December 2014," he explained. "So I had 7 months leading up to EVO to train for, well, pretty much the first time in my Smash career." It payed off big as he took down Lucky, S2J, and Duck before finally being taken out by Mang0 to place 9th at EVO 2015. All of this and his improving performance going forward he attributes to this practice. "I simply think my 2015 performance was a result of me traveling consistently for the first time in my Melee career and focusing on tournament results."

Shined Blind By Zeldagis

Even with this training Druggedfox is not without his weaknesses. "My biggest weakness as a player is executing in a tournament environment. That's absolutely my biggest obstacle to overcome. I think it is a lengthy process, and surprisingly character dependent. I made a lot of progress towards overcoming that obstacle in 2015, but a lot of it was very Sheik-specific."

While his Sheik problem isn't entirely gone, he is still excited to play against people like Shroomed and everyone else at Smash Summit 2 and would be especially interested in an iron man match. "Who exactly I would be most excited to fight depends a lot on which character I main at the time. I will say that I hope I'd be given a chance to compete in an iron man vs other top players if I get to go. I'm pretty sure I can win in a 5v5 iron man vs anyone. Even if I lose I'm sure it'd be a great show!"

So why should Druggedfox be at Smash Summit 2? He mad his final case to the people. "I think I make things pretty interesting. I play a lot of characters and every set I play generates a lot of hype regardless of whether I win or lose. Even outside of the fact that I believe I'm one of the most skilled players in the running to be voted into summit, I know I'll make it fun to watch for the people at home! I've heard story after story about how everyone was freaking out about my Fox when I pulled it out at 5 Gods, or when I was a hit away from 2-0'ing Leffen at Evo. A lot of players only bring skill or novelty to the table. I'm one of the few that bring both."

---​

Want to see DruggedFox at Smash Summit 2? Voting for the first phase ends March 4th at 3PM PDT so be sure to go vote for his entry into the Smash Summit. Agree or disagree with his case to join the event? Tell us in the comments below and don't forget to stay tuned to Smashboards as other stars make their case to enter Smash Summit

Comments

> an infamous Fox player named Zeldagis
> Shined Blind By Zeldagis
> payed off
> He mad his final case
> While his Sheik problem isn't entirely gone
What Sheik problem?​

Last edited:
Lol I remembered when Druggedfox was I think 1 vote away from getting into the first Smash Summit. Ha! XD

However I do want him to get in this 2nd Smash Summit, that would be hype.

Last edited:
I think DruggedFox is going to appear as a true top player any tourney now, these ones giving him an opportunity to face off the greats once again would be amazing

The thing I've noticed with DFox is that his personal mental game brings him down, he could perform so much better if he had a better mindset. But, I'm not him so I'm not sure what's going on in his head, but his body language definitely bleeds out.

Top Bottom