• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASH SACRIFICE. Which Smash 4 characters would you give up for your most wanted?

Would you actually sacrifice your 5 choices?

• Total voters

Young Lion Roy

Smash Rookie
Well, believe it or not i would trade these characters for this one.
:4miigun:
:4miibrawl:
:4miisword:
:4darkpit:- Game On!
:4greninja:- Gre!

For Young Roy........ :roypm:- HEEYAH!

Seriously, Young Roy is awesome! probs make it into :4lucina: somehow, to make her different

Young Lion Roy

Smash Rookie
That's before Roy is confirmed...
True, I wouldnt be devastated by the losses, but either way, I'd play Young Roy, good or terrible. new Roy is cool in smash 4, but i liked the old design more. dat old idle stance do
:roypm:- I'm top tier nowadays! Bokua Makenai!

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
Cut: 3 miis ,rosalina , dark pit.

Add: Dixie kong, Ridley . Takamaru, waluigi , knuckles

Rebel13

Banned via Warnings
I'd cut:
:4duckhunt:
:4pacman:
:4bowserjr:
:4miigun: (all the mii fighters if i have to) and
:4wiifit:

for.... wait for it.....
Nothing. I hate all of them.

Wolf. Star Fox was my favorite series on Nintendo for a loong time.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Can we exchange clones for original characters or just for clones of the same caliber? If the first one is true then I'd get ride of Dark Pit, Doctor Mario and all 3 mii fighters. If it's the second one then replace Dark pit and Doctor Mario with Duck Hunt and Wii Fit.

The replacements are in my signature.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
A lot of salt on this thread, eh? I'll add my salt.

Sacrifice: :4miisword::4lucina::4jigglypuff::4sheik::4lucario:
For Anna

Sacrifice::4diddy::4pacman::4miibrawl::4ryu::4wario:
For Rayman

Sacrifice::4bowserjr::4drmario::4charizard::4villager::4miigun:
For Shy Guy

Last edited:

SnowmanEX711

Smash Cadet
Sacrifice
:4duckhunt:(with a big smile on my face),:4darkpit:,:4drmario:,:4tlink:,:4lucina:

All for :icsmelee:( I know someone is gonna argue with me about the whole 3DS thing with them).

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
:4jigglypuff:(why is she still in the game?)
:4villager:( he was mk8 dlc over cpt falcon who drives the blue falcon, kirby who pilots the warp star and fox who pilots the arwings. Nintendo needs to stop promoting this sucky franchise)
:4lucina: ( Annoying little cocky ****)
:4wiifit:( same as as jigglypuff)

Replace with
:wolf::wolf::wolf:
:snake::snake::snake:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I would trade:
Ryu, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic and Toon Link for Isaac.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
One thing I've seen almost everyone do in here is assume this would take place in a vacuum, basically as if there was no other chance for any DLC characters. That's not the case, though...which is why I'd probably hold off on sacrificing anyone for several characters I want, because a lot of them have a pretty good chance of making it without needing to go through all of this.

If I had the chance to add some long shots, though?

Sacrifice:
:4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina::4jigglypuff::4ryu:
The bonus clones are the most expendable of them, since they'd probably be the least missed. Maybe they could still hang around as alts of their source characters like what the original plan was. The other two are just among the more expendable, from my view: Jiggs is just kind of there nowadays, and Ryu is among those most likely to not stick around for the next game.

Add: Delphox

Well, no one said there wouldn't be bias involved. Mages tend to be really popular, and this one in particular could really stand out.

Sacrifice:
:4miisword::4miigun::4miibrawl::4feroy::4mewtwo:

The Mii Fighters have their fans, but they also feel on the expendable side, and when they're less dynamic than most other characters, it'd be less of a loss in that regard. Meanwhile, Roy is still only a semi-clone with a divisive past who isn't well liked in his home series. Mewtwo would be controversial as hell...and yet, opinions have kind of soured on him as of late, with how lackluster he's been.

I'd only hope the character that joined in his stead would make up for it.

Add: Absol

A fan favorite Pokémon with a lot of unique abilities that'd lend toward a really interesting moveset. With attacks based on foreseeing disasters that then befall the stage a few seconds later, Absol could be a zoner/summoner completely unlike anything Smash has seen before. Shame it almost surely wouldn't happen otherwise, right?

And for those who'd cry "over-repped", Pokémon would end up with the same number of characters it currently has, and even have them better spread across the series' history instead of being so focused on its first games.

...Would I go through with it, though? To be honest, probably not. Every character has their share of fans, and even though I want to think both of mine could become fan favorites, throwing out five other ones each for their sake would feel like I'm disregarding too many people.

Now if it was a one-to-one trade, on the other hand...

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I notice that, in this thread, the ones who tend to get sacrificed are Mii Fighters (of all 3 types), Lucina, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Roy, Ryu, and Jigglypuff.

It pleases me.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Anyone who cuts Sonic is on my hit list. :demon:

:4darkpit::4marth::4palutena::4falco::4zss:-For Boom alt for :4sonic:.

:4pikachu::4bowserjr::4drmario::4gaw::4dedede:-For a Pokemon Trainer who has a Pikachu hangs him around like Ash's.

:4olimar::4duckhunt::4pacman::4mewtwo::4wiifit:-For Ridley.

:4miigun::4miisword::4miibrawl::4jigglypuff::4zelda:-For a fully customizable character maker mode, so that any character that I cut can be recreated to whatever I want to be like or add any other characters that didn't make the cut.

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
@ W Wolley2xjd A gamemode isn't a character, I call hax! Honestly though, that would be a loophole that would defeat the entire purpose of this game, this game is intended to make you truly ponder the losses involved with charcters being cut and added, a really neat thought.

D

Deleted member

The amount of Shulk and Bowser Jr. cuts make me sad. ;-;

First Cuts: :4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::4sheik::rosalina:
There isn't a rule that we can cut clones. :troll: Anyways, I would cut the clones, Sheik (because she is not important to the Zelda lore at this point), and Rosalina (because I don't like her).
In turn: Phoenix Wright
We already have two Capcom characters, but I don't care. How can I say no to a defense attorney that can KO opponents with evidence, leads, and shouting out "OBJECTION!"?

Second Cuts: :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4wiifit::4zss:
There also wasn't a rule about Mii Fighters. :troll: I would cut them, Wii Fit Trainer (I am not a fan of this choice), and Zero Suit Samus (it was hard for me to cut her, but I wouldn't care too much in the end I think).
In turn: Bandana Dee
I wish Kirby got some new and fresh blood into the series and Bandana Dee would serve that. He would be unique with his spear, too.

If I could cut 5 more characters, I would put in Bomberman. But, I can't do that because I am satisfied with the roster at that point. Cutting characters was pretty hard because I like the roster how it is.

I would give up K. Rool, Waddle Dee, Isaac, Krystal, and Rayman to keep Jigglypuff.

Imo, the character selection in these games is excellent. There aren't really any other characters, even among my personal most wanted, that are good enough to bump off anyone in SSB4, let alone five for one.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Its truly horrific to see people put Mario like on their sacrifice list. Like....really?

Anyway:
:4lucina::4charizard::4darkpit::4drmario::4tlink: - Crash Bandicoot.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
I'd sacrifice: Rosalina, Lucina, Wii Fit Trainer, Palutena, and Zero Suit Samus

In exchange for: Dante OR Nero (Devil May Cry 4)

Last edited:

NEXandGBX

Smash Rookie
NNID
X-Bros
3DS FC
4399-0520-1281
Switch FC
SW-7575-1931-1021
Dark Pit (Why is he here?), Charizard (Both Squirtle and Ivysaur were removed, so may as well be the whole trio.), Wii Fit Trainer (I can't really understand how she got in either, but meh.), Roy (Going to get a lot of flack for this one.), and Lucina (Not because she's a clone, but it's mainly because I couldn't really get into her personality and whatnot in Awakening.) for Pichu. Yes, Pichu.

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4lucina::4darkpit:

Though I would be sad to see the clones go, they created so much salt it was funny.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
:4wario::4charizard::4myfriends::4lucina::4darkpit:For Rayman.

I really don't like any of these so I'd gladly swap em out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:4miigun::4miisword::4miibrawl::4darkpit::4lucina: for either Zael or Simon Belmont.

I wouldn't want to cut anyone else other than :4drmario:.

LinkoHakurei

Smash Cadet
NNID
LinkoHakurei
3DS FC
3136-6656-2820
This is so easy; Trash boii :4drmario:, Flat ho :4lucina:, Clone the ***** :4darkpit:, Unbalanced and inconsistent :4littlemac: and BITCHASS:rosalina: for the legendary duo Banjo and Kazooie!

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
Sacrifice: Lucina, Mii boxer, Mii gunner, Mii swordfighter, Dark Pit for Tiki
Sonic, Pac-Man, Ryu, Mega Man, Dr. Mario for Jibanyan

Last edited:
Top Bottom