• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASH SACRIFICE. Which Smash 4 characters would you give up for your most wanted?

Would you actually sacrifice your 5 choices?

• Total voters

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
:4darkpit::4bowserjr::4mii::4greninja::4lucina: for :popo:

No offense to any of those characters, but Dark Pit and Lucina are one time shots. I'd change them into alternate skins for Pit and Marth. Bowser JR, Mii and Greninja are "take it or leave it" newcomers in my humble opinion. The Ice Climbers are a standard in the Smash roster, only hardware limitations kept them from returning.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
For Captain Toad?

Cop out version:
:4darkpit::4drmario::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:

Slightly less cop out version:
:4darkpit::4drmario::4mii::4lucina::4lucas:

Koopaling version:
:4lemmy::4morton::4wendy::4iggy::4roy:

Non-Clone, less waifus version:
:4palutena::4wiifit::rosalina::4sheik::4jigglypuff:

Characters I never play version:
:4falco::4olimar::4gaw::4rob::4lucina:

Mario Series sacrifice version:
:4drmario::rosalina::4morton::4lemmy::4wendy:

Those I'd be far more than happy to sacrifice to finally get someone I had been after for so many years:
:4zss::4wiifit::4palutena::4shulk::4sheik::rosalina::4falco::4palutena::4drmario::4lucas::4marth::4megaman::4tlink::4darkpit::4palutena::4metaknight::4jigglypuff::4palutena::4alph::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4rob::4gaw::4palutena::4lucina::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy:

Easily.

Time for Advengeance.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Aside from Lucas, the only two characters that I'd personally really like to see join are Paper Mario, my long-standing most wanted, and Emolga, or some other similarly quick / lightweight Pokémon (Squirtle, Pichu, etc.). As for who I'd theoretically sacrifice (disregarding clones, because that would make this considerably easier, and assuming Miis are all one character, or else Swordsman would make the list),

:4jigglypuff::4greninja::4bowserjr::rosalina::4rob::4shulk::4wiifit:

Are really the only characters in the base roster I see as being expendable. That being said, I like ROB and WFT as fun and quirky characters, and I think Shulk and Rosalina each bring an interesting new playstyle. And even though the Pokémon selection isn't what I'd like to see at all, I'd say it needs additions, not replacements, so I couldn't imagine cutting them either. Bowser Jr. is probably the only character in the game that I feel like we wouldn't lose too much gameplay- or series-representation-wise in removing, and I don't even dislike him as a character. So no, I absolutely wouldn't cut any five characters (again, clones / Mii Swordsman excepted).

Although if we were considering personal distaste for playing them more heavily than representation:

:4lucario::4greninja::rosalina::4bowserjr::4palutena::4shulk::4olimar:

Wouldn't miss any five of them for an instant.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
:4palutena::4palutena::4palutena::4palutena::4palutena: - Even better :4palutena:

:4darkpit::4lucina::4drmario: :4ganondorf::4tlink: - Non-clone :4darkpit::4lucina::4drmario::4ganondorf::4tlink:

:4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4peach::rosalina: - Tanooki Mario

Everybody - Sakurai's cat

Do I win? :3

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Cut Miis, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario for Ridley, of course.

Cut Falco, WFT, Lucina, Jigglypuff, and Alph for King K.Rool

Cut Falcondorf, Shiek, Zero Suit, ROB, and Game&Watch for Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf

Cut Greninja, Ike, Lucas, Mewtwo, and Palutena for Isaac

Cut Duck Hunt, Villager, Larry, Lemmy, and Roy for Banjo and Kazooie

Cut Iggy, Morton, Wendy, Ludwig, and Wireframe Mac for Shantae

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Characters I'd give up:
Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina, Duck Hunt (WTF SAKURAI?!!) , WFT (SERIOUSLY SAKURAI?!!!!!!), Jigglypuff (WHY WAS HE/SHE/WHATEVER GENDER THAT PINK EYBALL THING IS, EVEN CONSIDERED FOR SMASH IN THE FIRST PLACE??!!) for Krystal

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Sacrifice :4zss::4lucario::4sonic::4lucina::4pit: for nothing.
I just don't like them. Good riddance.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Man people sayin cut x for a better version of x need to just git gud.

:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:: for 7 deserved alts on characters the fans choose, seriously.

:4lucas:: for anyone else. any newcomer.
:4tlink:: Young link, i'd rather have that than this spiritual successor.
:4lucina:: Lyn. screw this boring character.
:4mii::4miif::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:: for more newcomers the fans want. (so much wasted dev time imo)
:rosalina:: for krystal. this character is also annoying.
:4falco:: for wolf like it should have been years ago.

Keep DP cause the salt is funny as hell. Come to think of it this thread seems salt inducing and maybe a flame trap, but i'll post anyways. (game is still good with those lame additions anyways, plus DLC might even things out.)
:4duckhunt:: almost forgot. this dog for takamaru or a different classic. oh wait i played it wrong didnt I? oh well :troll:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Remove::4darkpit::4bowserjr::4jigglypuff::4wiifit::4villager:

Gain: Sylux

Probably the characters I least care for and have not used at all outside of trophy collecting.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Dark Pit, Dr Mario, Rosalina, Lucina and Diddy Kong for Wolf.
Oh and if Roy ever gets in he's a bonus sacrifce.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Cut everyone except Mario, and replace them with:
- Decloned Dr. Mario
- Paper Mario
- 8-bit Mario
- Olympics Mario
- Kart Mario
- Galaxy Mario
- Tennis Mario
- CDI-Mario
- Party Mario
- Mario's head (Mario teaches typing Mario)
Clearly this is the roster the fans have been clamoring for:troll:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Hah! Nice to see nobody wants to sacrifice Yoshi! lol
As for my choices I'd for sure trade
:4darkpit: can be a pit skin
:4drmario: can be a Mario skin
:4lucina: can be a Marth skin
:4palutena: can just go away PERIOD...
:rosalina: Elsa can also go away too!
All for

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I wouldn' sacrifice anyone, but if I really have to:
:4darkpit::4littlemac::4shulk::4diddy::4bowserjr: for :snake:

I honestly dont understand why this thread is open when threads like these are usually closed for being anti character and some of these posts clearly indicate that is how the thread is going. . .

I mean look at some of the posts on this thread and it is really obvious, intention or not, that this is an anti-character thread with a fancy name :/

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I honestly dont understand why this thread is open when threads like these are usually closed for being anti character and some of these posts clearly indicate that is how the thread is going. . .

I mean look at some of the posts on this thread and it is really obvious, intention or not, that this is an anti-character thread with a fancy name :/

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

If you feel that a thread is going against the rules within the sticky above the board. (or heading that way) then just report it..... Although some mods already apparently posted in it with no issues so I don't know....

Eitherway, I don't really have a top-5 characters I have grudge on or want particularly gone as the worst I think of them is a simple "oh well" so I guess I'll just leave things be......

Last edited:

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
:4drmario::4sheik::4zss::4mewtwo::4bowserjr:- Amaterasu
(i want sheik and zss to go back to being transformations)

EDIT: i was actually just thinking, with some changes to bowser, bowser jr. could possibly be a transformation too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom