• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in Lakeland, FL

xHermit

Smash Cadet
NNID
EcksDee
Pizzano's Pizza is 82 miles from me x.x. I got a few local smashers from the area that are looking for a place to play people besides each other though lol, so car pooling might work(only 28$ in gas to split) .

Yeah you could definitely drive over here and just ride with us.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Pizzano's Pizza is 82 miles from me x.x. I got a few local smashers from the area that are looking for a place to play people besides each other though lol, so car pooling might work(only 28$ in gas to split).
Like xHermit said, we can carpool. It's not a big problem. If you can get here, we can get you there. Almost 100% guarantee.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
You bet we do. Keep an eye on the tournament listings for a tournament called Pizzano's Electronic Gaming. Most of us here live in Lakeland. The next tournament I'm going to is Come to Papa in Orlando. After that, probably strictly Pizzano's. Pizzano's is a monthly hosted by our favorite TO, ExDeath. Last tournament had show-ups of ESAM, Nick Riddle, MVD, Ryo, Red Halberd, and more.

I'm Rolex. My tag is Pheta Ray. It's close to the Greek letter Theta but I changed the letter for the sound I wanted. I main Ike, MK, and DK. Are you new? Introduce yourself to us here. Any newcomer is a good thing for Polk County.

WINOBOT1

Smash Rookie
well im really more into melee, im a samus. i like olimar for brawl. i was smashin a few years ago but i left it for a while since there were no new oppenents in my area. i recently started playing again and would really like to get together with some people from around here just to have some practice matches. anyone down? i have transportation so i dont ming traveling a little.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I'm gonna be straight with you kid. You'll find zero Melee efforts here. None of us play Melee competitively.

Most times we have Smashfests at our houses for about 3-5 hours, so when the next one comes around... You know what? Make a Skype. This will make things easier. We have a social.

WINOBOT1

Smash Rookie
Lol you called me kid. Anyway, well I'd be willing to play some brawl and I do have a Skype but I never use it. What do I have to do? And you guys having any meet ups anytime soon?

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Lol you called me kid. Anyway, well I'd be willing to play some brawl and I do have a Skype but I never use it. What do I have to do? And you guys having any meet ups anytime soon?
Add my associate on Skype, zlf.aurora, and he'll add you to the social. Tell him who you are, explain that you know Rolex from the Lakeland thread on SB, ask him to add you, and all should be golden. Check in every now and again in the social. Sometimes we talk a lot, sometimes not at all. I'll post in this thread if you haven't been on in a while and I'll tell you if we've got any upcoming plans for Smashfests.

Since it just now became summer, we have a lot of free time. Well, I do at least. Everyone else is out of school entirely or is home schooled. So we'll probably meet more often than we have been in the past, and we'll be arranging car pools as well. Almost everyone uses WiFi, so if you do don't be afraid to ask for a match.

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
I'm gonna be straight with you kid. You'll find zero Melee efforts here. None of us play Melee competitively.

Most times we have Smashfests at our houses for about 3-5 hours, so when the next one comes around... You know what? Make a Skype. This will make things easier. We have a social.

Rolex is wrong on this one. xHermit and SkaterJB both play Melee. I'm sure you could get a good match or two from them. In any case, welcome to the Polk scene. In the last year, we've grown to be a small army and newcomers are always welcome.

Also, I've got this thread on alert, so I do keep up with it. I just only post when I have something to contribute. (You beat me to the punch most every time, Rolex)

WINOBOT1

Smash Rookie
Good to hear, are they on Skype social as well? I'd like to meet up with them so i can see what level skill im on now a days. I've used Skype before but Idk even know what Skype social is, ill follow Rolex's instructions on how to join it though. I actually had an account on smashboards like 6 years ago but there weren't many smashers in the immediate area back then. Hopefully I can get back into it. I have 3 other friends that are pretty good so the small army might be growing by 4 more.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
oh another player from da haven? Whats up, There are a group of player in lake alfred that play. Hit me up for details
Yo Viper, Rolex here. Lake Alfred isn't that far from Lakeland. Anytime you want to set up a Smashfest, just post in here what day (about 1 day advance notice would be epic) and I'll definitely be there with the rest of the Lakeland crew.

Shirou12

Smash Rookie
Is this still going on? i hope im not to late in joining the brawl scene. Im new on here, but i live in lakeland i would love to be play with all you and against you lol. :)

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Is this still going on? i hope im not to late in joining the brawl scene. Im new on here, but i live in lakeland i would love to be play with all you and against you lol. :)
Make a Skype, it's how we all communicate nowadays. If you don't want to use Skype, we can keep this thread updated instead.

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Add zlf.aurora first, he'll get you into the social. Relax and just be natural, we're all laid-back guys.

'Cept for me, I'm uptight as ****.

Anyways, the Lakeland crowd's growing and getting better by the day. It's great to have another member on board with us. We'll have Lakeland on the map in no time!

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Just an update so we're clear here, you did add zlf.aurora ,correct? Make sure you have the period between zlf and aurora. I know my username can be tricky at times.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I'm always down to drive out to Lakeland from Orlando to play. My Skype name is imooney3656. Just added zlf.aurora.

Admittedly, Melee/64 are my main games, but I'm trying to get better at Brawl still. I main Ganondorf.

I also tend to use Facebook more than anything else these days.

Shirou12

Smash Rookie
Eikelmann I agree with you I'm much better on The 64 and Melee... Brawl is freakin slow as heck! I would love to play against you on either one though.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Friday, August 16th. At Hackys place (515 S Nekoma Ave Lake Alfred).
There will be Brawl Singles/Teams Arrive at 1pm Teams starts at 2pm
16 man singles double elimination Apex 2013 rules.
8 team bracket double elimination Apex 2013 rules.
Pay outs will be: Top 3 in singles amounts To Be Determined Top 2 in teams amounts To Be Determined.
No Door fee.
Please Lakeland bring one CRT telivision and at least one wii. Extra wiis are good to just incase.
The Lake Alfred Swamp ****** Featuring:
Viper
D Who?
G-Dub
Hacky
Fro
Boss Watson
Tyler Catch'em
Majoraa
The Lakeland Crew Featuring:
ZLF
Bryan
SkaterJB
Punk9
Rolex
EcksDee
Aaron
???
Only one City can dominate Polk county. We will let the play do the talk and the vids will be the bragging rights. I will be recording as many sets as i can for this event.
Lake Alfred is going in Hard. So Lakeland better get the KY ready or tighten up!

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Rolex dropped on us. We're gonna need a change of roster. Pretty sure xHermit said he rounded up two more.

Top Bottom