• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Europe Announces The European Smash Circuit (ESC)

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Smash Europe has announced they will be holding the first iteration of the European Smash Circuit. ESC is currently take place across seven countries from May 2015 until January 2016. Currently only the Melee qualifiers have been announced, though there are plans to have Wii U qualifiers as well.

At each associated event, 15% of the Singles pot will go to the final prize pool, and at the end of the circuit the top 3 ranked players will receive payouts in a 60-30-10 distribution. Players are only eligible for the prize money if they have attended at least three qualifiers for their respective game, this even goes for non European players who are allowed to participate.

Streams of the events will be provided by GeekyGoonSquad and Salty Playground which fans will most certainly want to tune into with the best European players in attendance. For more information on ESC, visit its section on the Smash Europe website.

SmashCapps is incredibly excited for this and plans to tune in for every tournament. Follow him on Twitter to discuss who the top 3 players will be using the hashtag #eurosc15

TreK

Is "that guy"
Ayy, I'm coming to hf.lan and probably Heir 2 and Beast 6

I'm a PM player but this will definitely bring the hype for me when spectating Melee and Smash 4 :V

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
Is it mostly gonna be European players like Armada and Leffen there, or are there a lot of other smashers like Mang0, M2K, Hungry Box, aMSa and ZeRo there?
Haha, I'm guessing one of their goals is to make it so you're able to name more than two European players by the end of the year

But to answer your question, I know Zhu is attending hf.lan, and Mang0 and aMSa both have attended EU tournaments this year and last year respectively, so yeah it's possible that you might get to see some familiar faces.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Haha, I'm guessing one of their goals is to make it so you're able to name more than two European players by the end of the year
That's one of the goals yeah, a circuit should make it easier to follow along and recognize the players that compete in it.

Last edited:

Marshtomper

Destroyer of W(orlds)eeklies
I'm hyped af for all these, probably most for Heir II, since it is the only UK one on there :3

Aygent

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ayygent
3DS FC
4570-7961-7152
I love how nobody is being a John about no PM. Anytime the USA does something like this, people are like "I won't support it cause no PM." or some other stuff. Either way, HYPED to see the best of Europe.

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
Which one is the UK one?

@ N noahk777 just come to the UK one. It is rlly cheap to fly over here ;P

Top Bottom