• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Entertainment - The Great Revival and McSmashter 4

What will you be tuning in for?

• Total voters

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
This week's feature will be one that hits home. When a community pulls together, magic can truly happen. This Saturday that magic will come to life! Smash Entertainment will lead you to witness the success of this tournament series. Brace yourselves, for the Midwest and Canada are cooking up something fierce and it could not possibly be more hype.

The Great Revival

From left to right: Marth, Pheonix Wright, Zelda, Inspector Gadget, Waluigi, Chun Li, Barrack Obama
Taking place in La Crosse, Wisconsin will be The Great Revival! The Great Revival is the beginning of the Midwest North Circuit that has not been seen in some time and I could not think of a more suitable name to kick off the action. The Midwest North Circuit includes the following events: The Great Revival, Warehouse Pi Day, Roll Tier V, Spring Show Down, DI or DIe: KC Classic, Revalation 2:2, and Dismantle. If you'd care to learn more about these events taking place throughout various states in the Midwest, you may do so here.

The right eye of Mega Man sees all.

This event is going to be hosting quite the buffet of Smash. The event is hosting Melee Singles, Melee Doubles, Project M Singles, Project M Doubles, Smash Wii U Singles, and Smash Wii U Doubles. Expect talents such as Frootloop, Triple R, Kels, JJRockets, Dart, MJG, Chexr, ORLY, Inui, Mew2King, and more to be in attendance. Also expect some Midbest commentary from Webs himself. The event starts bright and early tomorrow at 10:00AM CST. To catch the action you'll have to follow me closely. Melee will be streamed over at twitch.tv/meleemilwaukee, Project M will be streamed over at twitch.tv/mew2king, and finally Smash Wii U will be streamed at twitch.tv/clashtournaments. Be sure to follow those three channels on Twitch so you're notified when they go live!

McSmashter 4

Good choice with the purple paint. This is a creative logo.
Over in Hamilton, Ontario Canada will be McSmashter 4! This event is going to be one of the largest Smash tournaments in Canada to date! Hosting events for both Project M and Melee, this event is boasting over 250 entrants for Melee and over 100 for Project M with a pot bonus of $1000 for Melee Singles. Names such as Armada, Weon-X, IB, Vwins, Kage, n0ne, RaynEX, and Ally will be in attendance. Toph will also be bringing some of his commentary gold to the table! Saturday will be featuring Melee and Sunday will be featuring Project M. If you'd like to catch some of the Canadian goodness, you can expect Melee to be streamed over at twitch.tv/vgbootcamp and twitch.tv/evenmatchupgaming. You can expect some Project M delicacies over at twitch.tv/ssbmontreal. Wait, I just mentioned Project M and VGBootCamp together. My b. Anyways, enjoy the event everyone!

ITALIAN N1NJA will be attending The Great Revival. He is excited for the Midwest to truly shine once again. Don't shine him though. Save that for bracket. Bring those multi-shines to him on Twitter @ITALIANN1NJA. Also bagels. Bring him bagels. For the road trip of course.

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
There is way more than just GR going on this weekend. McSmashter 4, SHFFL Up and Deal, SmashNest v3, SWEET XVIII

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That picture caption is priceless.

Here's the new official theme of the events:

didds

Smash Lord
Why in the absolute Hell would they be having it in St. Cloud?! I'm never getting to a tourney...
The guy organizing it lives in St. Cloud and took the liberty to host locally to help simplify things for himself, I won't argue considering the time he's putting into it and the amount that needs to be accomplished for a one day event.

Purplepanda

Smash Rookie
NNID
Purplepanda70
3DS FC
1607-3526-6883
I have never been to an event before... I would love to go to DI or DIE but I don't know anything about this stuff :0

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
Will be cheering on KirbyKaze at McSmashter!

.....in an alternate reality.....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is the first ever smash event I'll be attending. :awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:

juddy96

Smash Lord
Why isn't KK going to McSmashter? Lame.
He didn't want to take days off work when no top 10 players were present. Armada was allowed into the tournament after registration closed, because he had no idea it existed until M2K tipped him off (he wouldve went had he not committed to Great Revival already), Armada has never been to Canada, and a big name player would justify VGBC's decision to stream it. KK decided he would just go for MM's and spectating rather than asking the TO's to let him in.

Last edited:

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
He didn't want to take days off work when no top 10 players were present. Armada was allowed into the tournament after registration closed, because he had no idea it existed until M2K tipped him off (he wouldve went had he not committed to Great Revival already), Armada has never been to Canada, and a big name player would justify VGBC's decision to stream it. KK decided he would just go for MM's and spectating rather than asking the TO's to let him in.
He did ask to enter, the TO's didn't let him in late like armada. There was even a poll put out by the TO's to see what other smashers thought about letting him in and 90% said yes. The TO then renigged on the decision and just said no anyway. Its kinda dumb because we are bringing sweeden's best to Canada and Canada's best cant attend.

This was all talked about in the MIOM episode last night for reference.

juddy96

Smash Lord
He did ask to enter, the TO's didn't let him in late like armada. There was even a poll put out by the TO's to see what other smashers thought about letting him in and 90% said yes. The TO then renigged on the decision and just said no anyway. Its kinda dumb because we are bringing sweeden's best to Canada and Canada's best cant attend.

This was all talked about in the MIOM episode last night for reference.
KK decided to say no, the TO's would've allowed him to enter

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
I always knew that Marth was Debeste character.

There must be someone here who got the joke, right?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've just arrived home... This event was so much fun... :awesome: I recommend that anyone in the midwest gets out of thier way to go to at least one of these events. This certainly helps the midwest's nonexistent tournament scene.

Fye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FE-Judge
That was fun to watch. It's a shame everything in the Midwest is so far away though.

D

Deleted member

That was fun to watch. It's a shame everything in the Midwest is so far away though.
The truth has been spoken. I swear everything is in Ohio and Michigan. ._. Midwest tournaments are held nowhere else. That's why this is such a treat.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Oh hey, that picture is from/for that game I really wanted to play 4 years ago but Capcom never released it in America/in English and that made me sad and I forgot it existed a long time ago but now I am sad all over again after being reminded of this game's existence.

Y do u do dis?

Last edited:
Top Bottom