• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash @ EGLX Announced With Over $33,000 In Prizes!

Popi

Former EIC
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
PowpiPenguin
Enthusiast Gaming, hosts of the recent Canadian national Enthusiast Gaming Live, announced yesterday that they will again be hosting tournaments for both Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. For Wii U at the Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo. Taking place on November 13-15 at The International Center in Missisauga, Ontario, the event will be packed with vendors, cosplay, panels, attractions and community celebrities. Alongside the two Smash games will be approximately 23 other featured titles such as Hearthstone, Street Fighter, Dota 2, League Of Legends, CSGO and the like.

Aside from all the standard convention fare, Enthusiast Gaming have announced that there will be a minimum of $200,000 in prize pools for all the games combined. Of this amount, $33000 is relegated to the two Smash games alone not including pot from entry. For the two singles events, a $15000 pot bonus will be given to both. $1500 and $1000 will be given to Melee and Smash 4 doubles respectively.

The Smash tournaments will be streamed on Enthusiast Gaming's official Twitch channel. Notable names confirmed to attend as of today include Wizzrobe, Ally, Leffen, PidgeZero_One and more.

To learn more about the convention as a whole do check out their Facebook page or official website.

PopiPenguin is stoked for this event since it means more hype for the Canadian scene! Oh how he wishes his scene would be as big as that one day. For thoughts, suggestions and ideas towards this article and future ones, follow him up on Twitter and DM him.

SPAZ494

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4511-0835-8425
First comment! That's my second time getting the first comment! Anyway this looks to be exciting

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...Competitive Minecraft? How do you make Minecraft into a competitive game?

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
The best way to grow an esports is to make the payout better in competition. Hopefully, this could grow smash (and remove the silly only top 8 gets paid rule).

HyLeN

Smash Rookie
NNID
HyLendaBess
3DS FC
5155-3262-7849
minecraft but no playstation allstars? RIP

ParanoidAndroid

Smash Cadet
What a wide selection of games. From hardcore games like Melee, Counter Strike, Street Fighter on one end of the spectrum to casual games like Clash of Clans, Sm4Sh, and Minecraft on the other end. :p

Coastward

Smash Lord
the first tournament back in may was extremely fun, i really recommend going to this if you're thinking about it as it's only going to get better with more announcement to come.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Translation: ZeRo's 45th tournament win?
ZeRo can't go because "he's Mexican and not allowed in our country" -Ally
^ According to Ally, lol.

I overheard east coast may be doing a trip to here, and there may also be a guest from Japan attending too ;)

I covered the previous event and will be covering this one again. You may look at the pictures here for the previous Enthusiast Gaming Live! ft Toryuken 4, it will take place in the same venue:
http://imgur.com/a/5AE2r#0

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
ZeRo can't go because "he's Mexican and not allowed in our country" -Ally
^ According to Ally, lol.

I overheard east coast may be doing a trip to here, and there may also be a guest from Japan attending too ;)

I covered the previous event and will be covering this one again. You may look at the pictures here for the previous Enthusiast Gaming Live! ft Toryuken 4, it will take place in the same venue:
http://imgur.com/a/5AE2r#0
As interesting as Ally makes it sound, it's actually because Chile is a visa requiring country and ZeRo doesn't have the visa.

Last edited:
Top Bottom