• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Wii U 'Livestream Event' At 6:00 EST 10/23

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Earlier this morning, Nintendo announced that there will be a livestream event for Smash Bros. for Wii U three days from now. According to reports, there will be a significant amount of new information available. Likely topics include new stages, modes and amiibo functionality, but there may be much more in store as well.

Also notable is that Nintendo has made a specific point not to call this a Nintendo Direct. Intriguing.

It appears we won't be getting our information 'Direct'ly this time around
Check out the official link here.
Are you excited? What do you think will be announced during this livestream event? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit actually isn't sure what to think - new modes mostly? Tell him how he should feel at @TheDerrit.

UnleashedGamer

Smash Rookie
All these time zones really confuses me, so what does 6:00 EST convert to UK time? I would be very thankful if someone could answer me :)

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
wii u specific modes, possibly a new character trailer, new stages shown off and many more questions answered. HYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPEEEEEEE

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
> Livestream starts
> Smash reveal trailer pops up
> Screen fads to black
> Cue codex ring
:snake:"Kept you waiting, huh"

Please :cry:

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Just a heads up, there won't be any new characters. The 3DS Roster is the final roster.
Anyways, I'm predicting Ridley to be confirmed.... as a stage hazard.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Wait, 6:00 AM or PM?
For Japan, it's usually streamed at 6 AM, which is kinda odd in itself.

Just a heads up, there won't be any new characters. The 3DS Roster is the final roster.
Anyways, I'm predicting Ridley to be confirmed.... as a stage hazard.
Trust that Sakurai will leave his words false, since Ice Climbers were basically playable, until they found out the 3DS couldn't handle it. The Wii U could really use a bigger roster to show its power, and capability of showing specs, memory, etc. Think about it.

Last edited:

Marxally

Smash Apprentice
50 things, uh? Well...

50 x 3 (Clones) + 1 (New char?) = 151.

Make your conclusions.

Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
"...Nintendo has made a specific point not to call this a Nintendo Direct."

I can't imagine why I'd think that.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Now we await news on runtime. With all the new modes and surprises likely to be shown, it makes we wonder what timeslot they're shooting for. Maybe 45 minutes to 1 hour max?

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
50 things
1. Ridley
2. Ridley
3. Ridl- *shot*

No seriously, it'll probably be all of the modes, as well as maybe some new characters?
50 things would mean around half a minute to a minute per thing, so yeah, half an hour to an hour sounds about right.

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
*Smash logo appears*
*Hears Ridley's scream*
*We see Sakurai's Mii fighting Ridley as a boss on Pyrosphere*
*Wild Iwata appeares on the screen, starts talking*:
"Please understand".

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Since everyone is talking about The-Purple-Dragon, if we don't see him on Thursday, it will be quite strange.

Top Bottom