• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. to appear at San Diego Comic-Con (Special Surpise, but don't get your hopes up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
So it Seems Nintendo's bringing Smash Bros to Comic-Con this year. What do you think will happen? Do you think we could get a Character revel or a New Trailer? Sound off in the comment box below.

Last edited:

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
All they are doing is a 3DS Tournament, nothing else, although it would be nice if we got a new trailer, or a proper release date for the Wii U version.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I wonder if the demo they use will be different and have more/different characters/stages.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Comic-Con is the best place to revel a Veteran. Because Sakurai don't have much more time until September.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
It makes me wonder who will be competing in the 3DS tournament.

I am aware that there are usually announcements within Comic-con, however, I'm not 100% certain whether we can expect anything new to be shown during the event.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Something tells me nothing will be revealed. I wish I was wrong, if only 'cos I'm a selfish drone who wants something new every week.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
It makes me wonder who will be competing in the 3DS tournament.

I am aware that there are usually announcements within Comic-con, however, I'm not 100% certain whether we can expect anything new to be shown during the event.
I don't know if it was accurate, but I thought I read sign ups were first come first serve and thus only the upper rounds of the tournament will be broadcasted. I'll try to find the link again.

Here it is. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ni...zing-games-and-activities-for-fans-2014-07-17

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Mother 1 came out July 27, 1989. July 27th is the final day of Comic Con San Diego? Maybe Ness veteran reveal?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That's what I'm sayin'. Vet reveals would be fine, but we were talking newcomers.
I'm fine with either or. Both are likely seeing how the game is out in 7 weeks or so... Omg...it just hit me 7 weeks...
7 weeks. 7! ....Nah this week is practically over...6! 6 weeks!
6 MORE WEEKS!!!
HYPE!!!...in Japan

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Comic-Con would be the perfect place to revel Solid Snake or Ness!

Croshi

Smash Rookie
I don't know if there's precedent for Nintendo to reveal too much at Comic-con as they haven't really done it that much in the past, but it also wouldn't be a bad place to reveal a veteran. Then again, they didn't do it after the invitational, so who knows.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's possible we'll get some sort of reveal, but remember that Nintendo has been going purely digital with all of their reveals. Announcing one at a live event would buck the trend. If anything, I can see them making a quick live stream or Nintendo Direct saying, "Thank you, the fans, for your support at this CC 3DS Tournament. In appreciation for your enthusiasm, here's some new information on Smash Bros. for 3DS. Enjoy."

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I don't know if there's precedent for Nintendo to reveal too much at Comic-con as they haven't really done it that much in the past, but it also wouldn't be a bad place to reveal a veteran. Then again, they didn't do it after the invitational, so who knows.
Yea! I agree the game coming close to it's release date so Comic-Con would be a good place to revel a Veteran!

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
It's possible we'll get some sort of reveal, but remember that Nintendo has been going purely digital with all of their reveals. Announcing one at a live event would buck the trend. If anything, I can see them making a quick live stream or Nintendo Direct saying, "Thank you, the fans, for your support at this CC 3DS Tournament. In appreciation for your enthusiasm, here's some new information on Smash Bros. for 3DS. Enjoy."
After Pac Man's reveal I'd expect anything.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
I realized something, the day after a tournament ends, we usually get some announcement. After Smash Invitational at E3, we got Pac-Man, after EVO 2014, we got Lucina and Robin. If this continues, then we should expect someone to be announced after Comic Con's tournament.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I doubt a new character will be revealed.

Also, a Smash 3DS tournament? Lol, I heard on all the impressions that Smash 3DS had terrible controls and was very unlikely to gain a competitive scene, IDK though.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I doubt a new character will be revealed.

Also, a Smash 3DS tournament? Lol, I heard on all the impressions that Smash 3DS had terrible controls and was very unlikely to gain a competitive scene, IDK though.
Not terrible controls, no. What people were complaining about was unfamiliarity with the button layout (since the B button is kind of where muscle memory would demand the A button should be) and the lack of a C-stick. If the 3DS version will support the Circle Pad Pro, there's really nothing wrong at all with the controls. It'll just take getting used to since it's not the exact same as a GCN controller.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Not terrible controls, no. What people were complaining about was unfamiliarity with the button layout (since the B button is kind of where muscle memory would demand the A button should be) and the lack of a C-stick. If the 3DS version will support the Circle Pad Pro, there's really nothing wrong at all with the controls. It'll just take getting used to since it's not the exact same as a GCN controller.
I heard some games can't use the Circle Pad Pro's trigger button, hopefully that isn't the case with Smash 3DS. And the touch screen shows percentages right? They should put a digital C Stick down there..

Nontoxic

Smash Cadet
We still haven't gotten a Falco reveal :(

But any veteran reveal would be nice I suppose, newcomer would be even better.
Is there going to be any stream for the 3DS tournament?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I heard some games can't use the Circle Pad Pro's trigger button, hopefully that isn't the case with Smash 3DS.
The games that don't use the CPP's triger also don't use the CPP. The game has to be programmed for the CPP in order to use it at all. To my knowledge, there are only like five games so far that use it. Correction: I just looked it up. Turns out there's ten and a half.

I've used it on Resident Evil: Revelations, and it feels phenomenal. I really want to be able to use it for more games.

Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
The games that don't use the CPP's triger also don't use the CPP. The game has to be programmed for the CPP in order to use it at all. To my knowledge, there are only like five games so far that use it.

I've used it on Resident Evil: Revelations, and it feels phenomenal. I really want to be able to use it for more games.
Oh! Yeah, I thought it sounded dumb when people said the trigger doesn't work, but the CCP stick works? But that's good to hear, I'll probably order one soon so I have it when Smash is out, surely it will use it.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Veteran would be nice. Maybe Ice Climbers, finally. But I would enjoy a newcomer (wouldn't we all though)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Uhh....Didn't we get Sonic the week after Toon Link??

And Diddy Kong after Little Mac???
Yes. Zelda was also the week after Rosalina too.

On this topic, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we got another veteran by the end of the month but I don't think it'll be related to Comic-Con. If anything, I'm willing to wager that at least two new stages will be shown off for the 3DS version and maybe some new ATs or Pokes.

Okay, I guess it's the same build as E3...

Last edited:

Soul.

Will it be the e3 build?
It is, sadly.
The tournament will be conducted using the E3 version of the game. This version represents a game still in development and may not represent the final quality and balance of the game.
I could see a character being revealed, but the possibility of that happening is unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom