• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. for 3DS Playable At 'Play Nintendo' Tour

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
So far, those trying to get hands-on time with the upcoming Smash Bros. for 3DS haven't had many opportunities to do so. Other than the E3 Best Buy event and San Diego Comic-Con, eager Smashers haven't had an easy way to try the game for themselves. Nintendo has announced three stops on the Play Nintendo Tour will also include a demo of Smash Bros. for 3DS, giving fans a few more opportunities to try the game before release. The following statement was released on the Super Smash Bros. Facebook page:

Great news, fans! Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS has joined the remainder of the Play Nintendo Tour. Check out a demo version of the game at the Mall of Georgia (8/15-8/17), Houston Galleria (8/22-8/24) or Irvine Spectrum (8/29-9/1).

Unlike past announcements such as the San Diego Comic-Con event, there is no mention of whether or not this demo will be the E3 version or a new, updated demo. The picture posted with the announcement, seen above, also shows some characters that haven't been playable to the public, leaving room for speculation that new characters and stages may be available at these events.

Would you like to see a new demo? Do you think there will be a demo put up on the 3DS eShop? Will you be able to go to a Play Nintendo event and give it a try for yourself? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit still hasn't played a lick of the new Smash games. Pity him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
The demo should have been at the tour day one and I doubt we will ever get an eshop demo for either version. Nintendo loves to have there hit games as in store demos only. I was surprised Mario and luigi and fire emblem got demos on the 3ds eshop.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
If only they were visiting more places well there is always release day looks like I'll have to wait until then.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
But DDD and Lucario are on this picture.
At SDCC, King Dedede was one of the advertised playable characters at the Mariott Hotel where they had the demos. It really doesn't mean much, unfortunately.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Seeing Peach, Diddy, Lucario and Dedede in action would be pretty awesome. I guess we'll have to see.

Last edited:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
i wish I could go to one of these events :(

the best buy demos didn't really have any of my favorite characters, i want to try peach and diddy so much

NNID
Majorasmask66
If a demo with online was put on the eshop....oh my god... also im hoping to see charizard, king dedede, and of course, palutena in action.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Lucario. . .please. . .PLEASE HAVE YOUR ANUBIS STRATEGY.
:4lucario:get out there Sean. Scream some Mega Lucario sayian 2
Lets go Booser!:4bowser::4bowser:

Last edited:

Kempatsu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kempatsu
3DS FC
2251-4505-3091
I'm baffled as to why Nintendo only allows people of notoriety to try their game but not the wide masses. Why haven't they considered releasing a demo to the public at all?

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I won't be able to make it to any of those locations, but the more people that get to play it, the better!

Maybe it's the E3 demo but with more characters added, idk we'll have to wait and see.
I still don't think we will get a eshop demo though.

Makattack202

Smash Rookie
Maybe one day they will actually host a demo in my state.

All I want is to be able to play the games...

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Like others said, It'd be nice if they put in a demo and it'd last as long as the event it was playable at.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I've never got a chance to play the 3ds version, so I'm hoping this is my chance.

Hopefully, that image means I get to play as Rosalina in the demo. :D

Baltarc

Smash Rookie
I'm baffled as to why Nintendo only allows people of notoriety to try their game but not the wide masses. Why haven't they considered releasing a demo to the public at all?
Maybe the have considered it but decided not to?

Also the Best Buy demo was open to everybody, or at least everybody near a participating store - which, while still quite a limited group, has nothing whatsoever to do with "notoriety."

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
It sucks living in Florida sometimes. Especially since the event magnet Orlando isn't nearby.:c

MotivatedDeer

Smash Rookie
Well since we're getting near the release of smash 3ds, I feel like they will have a more completed version of the game

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Don't worry @Derrit, I feel your pain. Would love to play it, but yet to touch either versions. At this rate, it's not gonna happen until both games are released.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Because they're scared of the Melee community and what they'll say. We got a lotta power as a community, and all the Brawl 2.0 comments (which are mostly justified, it's not gonna change that much before release, reality check) comments already flew around just from the stream monsters alone, not to mention a couple players at the event. Imagine social media blowing up dismantling the game before release? Sakurai would have a casual hipster fit.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If Dedede/Diddy/Lucario/Peach are playable in this demo
we get to see their Final Smash
Masked Dedede HYPE

Gary_Guy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gary64
3DS FC
1633-4991-8383
Nintendo hates Columbia, MD. Okay I guess that's an exaggeration considering we got one of those Wii U experience things. But we didn't get a Smash Bros demo at Best Buy.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I remember someone saying that they asked a Best Buy employee about the possibility of a downloadable demo. The employee explained that if something were to go wrong with the demo (which is pretty likely, we've seen numerous glitches already), then the demo could brick the user's system, which is obviously undesirable for Nintendo.

Top Bottom