• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. for 3DS Demo Now Out On eShop

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
For those Smashers still looking to get a glimpse of the latest installment of Smash, the demo of Smash Bros. for 3DS is now available on the Nintendo eShop. It includes Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager and Mega Man, and a single stage, Battlefield.

Many people were able to get their hands on this demo last week when special Club Nintendo members received multiple demo codes to distribute between friends and family.

Have you already played the demo? What did you think? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

Last edited:

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
Awww yeah. Downloading it now. Hopefully first to post? =]

Last edited:

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
Finally it's available to everyone!! ^_^

I was looking forward to girl villager for forever. This makes me happy.

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
The demo is awesome! One of the fist people to download it ;)

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
A friend gave me one of the demo codes earlier; is the demo that just released still the "special" demo, or is it titled just "demo" now?

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Sitting at my desk until 4:30 and then have a 2 hour drive after work... THIS IS TORTURE!!!

isoldmyname

Smash Cadet
Victory? Victory, you say? Not victory. The shroud of the dark side has fallen. Begun this Code War has.

Last edited:

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
I"m going to rack up a hefty amount of coins before the full game releases. I hope it transfers.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Loving it so far but if I had to nitpick the blast zones are too big and characters survive too long also no Wolf. The 3DS controls are way harder to defeat than the AI

Kaiju

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4081-6018-0757
quote="Ceadda, post: 17616496, member: 267257"]I"m going to rack up a hefty amount of coins before the full game releases. I hope it transfers.[/quote] Unfortunately, it won't. Demo coins are for "fun" according to Mashpotato Samurai.

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
quote="Ceadda, post: 17616496, member: 267257"]I"m going to rack up a hefty amount of coins before the full game releases. I hope it transfers.
Unfortunately, it won't. Demo coins are for "fun" according to Mashpotato Samurai.[/quote]
That's disappointing, but understandable. It is only a demonstration after all.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
So far, it's pretty good. It plays nice with a four man setup and the items are interesting to use. Bit weird on the controls since I prefer L for shielding and R for grabbing (I would think my R like Z for Melee/Brawl, so it's weird being on the left) but will be remedy when the game comes out in two more weeks. Overall, can't wait for full version.

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
I'm at work and I'm so ready to leave now. Lemme get dat smash demo pls

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
So far, it's pretty good. It plays nice with a four man setup and the items are interesting to use. Bit weird on the controls since I prefer L for shielding and R for grabbing (I would think my R like Z for Melee/Brawl, so it's weird being on the left) but will be remedy when the game comes out in two more weeks. Overall, can't wait for full version.
Same for me. I like L for shielding more for some reason. Also gotta disable that tap jump...

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Those of us getting Hyrule Warriors have it good for a while, today, Smash 3DS demo, next Friday, Hyrule Warriors, the Friday after that, the full version of Smash 3DS, hell you even got Bayonetta 2 coming a few weeks from then...Man Nintendo is really good at draining wallets.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
FIRST TO LIKE, AHA!

Um, anyway, yeah. The game is amazing (or at least the demo). Like I said in a recent post, this game feels more like it's own game than a brawl copy. Maybe it's because of the Turnaround Cancel or maybe how everyone looks, but for sure this is fun. Get this demo now if you haven't already!

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Those of us getting Hyrule Warriors have it good for a while, today, Smash 3DS demo, next Friday, Hyrule Warriors, the Friday after that, the full version of Smash 3DS, hell you even got Bayonetta 2 coming a few weeks from then...Man Nintendo is really good at draining wallets.
10/10 wallet is already empty. I need to start a gofundme to afford Bayonetta. :awesome:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
A friend gave me one of the demo codes earlier; is the demo that just released still the "special" demo, or is it titled just "demo" now?
Yes special. But it's invalid now

Ragna22

Smash Ace
10/10 wallet is already empty. I need to start a gofundme to afford Bayonetta. :awesome:
Lol I hear ya, at this point I $200 towards Hyrule Warriors, Smash 3DS and Smash Wii-U's GC controller adapter bundle, I'll be lucky if I could afford Bayonetta 2 before it comes out.

D

Deleted member

I got it. The game is great, it's really fast, I had no problem with the default controls, and I could see everything in the small 3DS screen (I have an OG 3DS). This is the handheld Smash Bros. I've been wanting for years.

Last edited by a moderator:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
awesome demo only have 30 uses . though i got to say his down and up tilt feel really nice to use
Who? Pikachus? I think Pikachu's up-tilt combos a lot of the time, which of course feels nice?

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Been playing for the past week due to the genereosity of a friend, but I'm happy more people are getting a chance. I have put more time into this demo than I have on some full priced games.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
The demo is fantastic. Smash 4 feels like it's own thing and i like that. The characters are really good (Link and Mario are the standouts, those two are awesome) and the items are great (getting Ghirahim and Dark Samus in matches is never bad). I really enjoy this demo.

Top Bottom