• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bingo - The SSB4 Cast Prediction Forum Game

Should Smash Bingo be 4x4 or 5x5?

• 4x4

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • 5x5

Votes: 25 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh, that reminds me. If we get Toon Zelda/Tetra (like Zelda/Sheik), then will having only Tetra in my chart count?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Yup! The pair-up is a long shot, but I'm gonna live dangerously. The rest of my roster was pretty uneventful, so I figured I should spice things up a bit. :grin:
I too like to live dangerously.

Welcome to Smash Bingo and good luck!
Oh, that reminds me. If we get Toon Zelda/Tetra (like Zelda/Sheik), then will having only Tetra in my chart count?
If Toon Zelda is confirmed, people with a Toon Zelda space are correct. People with a Toon Zelda/Tetra or Toon Zelda/Sheik space are not correct if she doesn't come with Tetra or Sheik as well.
If Toon Zelda/Tetra is confirmed, people with a Toon Zelda/Tetra space are correct. People with just Toon Zelda or just Tetra are also correct as long as their character is part of the confirmed Toon Zelda/Tetra duo.

I hope that clarifies things!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I want to add Cless Alvein on my Bingo-chart but it seems like he's not really viable? (-´^´-);

Kururin then.

Ready! It's a go-time~!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I want to add Cless Alvein on my Bingo-chart but it seems like he's not really viable? (-´^´-);

Kururin then.

Ready! It's a go-time~!
You can add him if you want. It's your chart, after all. Him not being in the pool only means his chances aren't very likely and that you'd have to make the image yourself if you're confident he still has a chance. Otherwise, yeah, you're likely better off using Kururin.

Unfortunately, you gave me two single-image boards and not a 25-image board. 25-image boards are made of the spaces in the character pool being dragged into the response text box one at a time, forming a collection of different images rather than a single image. Create a 25-image board and I'll slate you as an entrant in the list.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If Toon Zelda is confirmed, people with a Toon Zelda space are correct. People with a Toon Zelda/Tetra or Toon Zelda/Sheik space are not correct if she doesn't come with Tetra or Sheik as well.
If Toon Zelda/Tetra is confirmed, people with a Toon Zelda/Tetra space are correct. People with just Toon Zelda or just Tetra are also correct as long as their character is part of the confirmed Toon Zelda/Tetra duo.

I hope that clarifies things!

Oh, well then. I hope you don't mind that I quickly edited my post again with just Toon Zelda in it. (as well as swapping her place with Mewtwo)
Because I was torn with whether Sakurai would go for Tetra or Toon Sheik so I originally had them both. (personally hoping for Tetra if Toon Zelda becomes playable) Hope this is alright then.

http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-bingo-the-ssb4-cast-prediction-forum-game.336834/#post-15554381

Could you please replace my old 25 and single image boards with this new one please? I'd appreciate it a lot. ^_^

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Could you please replace my old 25 and single image boards with this new one please? I'd appreciate it a lot. ^_^
No problem. I see you made the change to just Toon Zelda, which is safe. Smart stuff. I'm confident she'll appear with Tetra if at all (which is going to lead to a lot of heartbreak if I'm wrong), so she's one of the few cases that I can see a duo space as entirely safe. Anyway, all updated. Let me know if you ever want to make other changes.
Okay, doing it again.

Ready! It's a go time~! x2
Perfect! You're added to the list as a legal entrant. Welcome and good luck, participant #25!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I am feeling pretty good about dual Zelda/Tetra as well. Toon Link plays a lot like Link, so it follows that Toon Zelda would play a lot like Zelda, which necessitates a partner.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Okay, I'm posting the 25-image boards below, and the board again:

25-board

Ready to Smash bingo!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
No problem. I see you made the change to just Toon Zelda, which is safe. Smart stuff. I'm confident she'll appear with Tetra if at all (which is going to lead to a lot of heartbreak if I'm wrong), so she's one of the few cases that I can see a duo space as entirely safe. Anyway, all updated. Let me know if you ever want to make other changes.
Yeah the only thing that is holding me back to have both Toon Zelda and Tetra is the whole "Toon Sheik" debacle that occurred when people found those empty files. I really hope Sakurai isn't going to attempt repeating the same mistake again and give us Toon Sheik anyway. He should know by now that Tetra exists. :glare:

Sure, I'll revise my submission just before tomorrow in case I feel like making any other changes. ;)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hey, I just did the 25 image board for Ariand/AEM in order to pass the time a little. Hope you guys don't mind.
[collapse=Ariand/AEM 25 image board]

[/collapse]

I had to use different images for Excitebiker, Porky and Professor Layton than the ones Ariand/AEM has. Hope you don't mind, if you want the images you chose, I guess you should put them up yourself then, Ariand/AEM. ^^;

Now everyone should have their single image and 25 image boards. Right?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Hey, I just did the 25 image board for Ariand/AEM in order to pass the time a little. Hope you guys don't mind.

Now everyone should have their single image and 25 image boards. Right?
The first 28 entrants at least, yup! Thanks for doing that for him. I was worried he had forgotten all about this and wouldn't do it in time.
Last minute entry?
Good stuff. Welcome and good luck!
I'm not too late to this party am I? I brought chips!
Not late at all! Thanks for the chips, and thank you even more for having such a smaaaaaashing single-image board. Welcome to Smash Bingo and good luck!
I guess I'll bet on my bold list of risky characters.
Don't forget that you need a 25-image board. You have less than a day, so you better hurry and get that together!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
What do you mean I already got my bingo list here.
Oi... Getting real tired of showing people this.

[COLLAPSE="Example 25-image board"]

[/COLLAPSE]
25 different images from the Character Pool arranged together like this. If you want to be a part of the game of Smash Bingo, make one with characters in the same spots as your single-image board.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Took a while, is this for crossing out stuff, or to prevent cheating?
Crossing out stuff. The single-image board is to prevent cheating. Thanks for taking the time to do this! Welcome, and good luck, contestant #29!

Alright, here's my last edit before the conference. I didn't want a column that would rely on both Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario, so I've swapped Starfy and Paper Mario.

The conference is upon us in 10 hours, so now is the time to make entries and edits!

Remember, if you want to make entries after the conference, you can't use already revealed characters. Edits are altogether prohibited after the Nintendo conference starts.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Okay, this is my very final edit now right before the big reveal.
http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-bingo-the-ssb4-cast-prediction-forum-game.336834/#post-15554381

I didn't make too many changes, most were just me swapping characters around into better places. The only character I've replaced was Classic Link for Lyn since I feel it's a little redundant to have both Toon Zelda and him together since I think it's pretty likely the two of them won't coexist.

Hopefully this isn't going to be a huge mistake... Also even though I think I should include Mallo and Kururin as I support them a lot as well, I'm also really doubting their chances while I'm at it. Gotta be a little realistic I guess... It would be a pleasant surprise if they did become playable though. :)
Now, "Cross your fingers..." Especially for the ones I really want such as Professor Layton. :urg:

Good luck everyone and remember to have fun! :)

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
All updated, Kikwi-Kiwi.
Alright, here's my two cards:

I'm ready to bingo my smash until there's no smash left to bingo.
Now, something did catch my attention as I was going through the entries. I do recall for a fact that your boards were submitted and finalized. However, looking at it again, it appears all the image links are broken. This is extremely bizarre on part of how the character spaces you used aren't even hosted by you whatsoever, yet they're as broken as they are on your post. This being the case, I'm giving you a little extra time to resubmit your boards due to the late notice and unaccountability of this problem. By viewing the image info, you can read the image filenames, so I can tell which images should be where. I trust that you'll make no changes to your board, even if the reveals are already made during the conference. I'm really sorry to have this happen to you, but I can't keep track of your bingo progress until you do this again. Once again, my condolences.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I know this is pretty late, but here's my board. Please count it before the conference.

I have a strategy to this one.
Green borders are a 'safety zone' meaning the characters placed here are considered to be highly likely of being added to the roster
Red borders are 'risk zones' and the characters placed here are not likely of being added to the roster. However, if they are confirmed, that means I get a character not on the chart checked. The characters here are personal choices, not so much wishful thinking.

And with that, some much awaited sleep! Also, sorry if the picture is badly compressed or is sliced awkwardly. My MS Paint skills can only do so much.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Now, something did catch my attention as I was going through the entries. I do recall for a fact that your boards were submitted and finalized. However, looking at it again, it appears all the image links are broken. This is extremely bizarre on part of how the character spaces you used aren't even hosted by you whatsoever, yet they're as broken as they are on your post. This being the case, I'm giving you a little extra time to resubmit your boards due to the late notice and unaccountability of this problem. By viewing the image info, you can read the image filenames, so I can tell which images should be where. I trust that you'll make no changes to your board, even if the reveals are already made during the conference. I'm really sorry to have this happen to you, but I can't keep track of your bingo progress until you do this again. Once again, my condolences.
****! I completely forgot about that! I took them down from the site I was using cause I thought I didn't need them anymore. I'll fix that right away. Herp-derp :facepalm:

Edit: They are all being uploaded. If I'm ever so lucky, they'll have the same forum links. If not, sucks to be me.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I know this is pretty late, but here's my board. Please count it before the conference.

I have a strategy to this one.
Green borders are a 'safety zone' meaning the characters placed here are considered to be highly likely of being added to the roster
Red borders are 'risk zones' and the characters placed here are not likely of being added to the roster. However, if they are confirmed, that means I get a character not on the chart checked. The characters here are personal choices, not so much wishful thinking.

And with that, some much awaited sleep! Also, sorry if the picture is badly compressed or is sliced awkwardly. My MS Paint skills can only do so much.

You need to make a 25 image one. Copy the URLS into note and then paste them in the same order.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Done. They're on the original post where you found the broken ones. Thanks again for the warning!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
This is very last minute. You still need a 25-image board. If you don't make one before the initial characters are revealed, you'll have to remake a board without those characters. Better hurry!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Alright, so we finally got our trailer! The first initially revealed playable newcomers are Mega Man and Villager. Those of you with them get to checkmark them on your boards, which I will gladly do for all of you thanks to the 25-image boards you have. Any of you who have both will additionally get a like.

Congratulations to Guybrush20X6, Angelglory, New_Dumal, and splat for guessing the initial characters! Each of you get a like.

As for the rest of us who guessed Tom Nook, I give you my condolences. It's very likely that he won't be showing up now that we already have an Animal Crossing representative... Though I've been wrong before.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Welp, those two are out of the count for me. But anyways, here's my 25-image board without initial confirms (sigh).
Yeah, I'm really sorry about that. You missed out on those two checkmarks... If you had either made an entry earlier or double-checked to make sure your entry was everything you needed, we wouldn't have had this misfortune. I wish I could let you keep them, but then new players that join would complain I'd have to do the same for them, which would upset the pre-deadline entries and... It'd be a little ugly, basically.

Welcome and good luck, #30!

Arteen

Smash Lord
This is just for fun, so he might as well get those two checkmarks. Nice guesses!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow, I put Villager as a "eh, why not" choice! Yay, me! :)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
At least I got Megaman. :p

I kinda wish someone had the Wii Fit Trainer as a spot.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Me too. Unfortunately, none of us at a way of seeing her coming.

A friend of mine was joking that all Free Spaces should be Wii Fit Trainer spaces. I would obviously do that if it didn't mean just putting confirm spaces in the center instead.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Sakurai surprised me.
But at least I make 2 right choices. Aiming for Dixie now... She's already in the new DKC Wii U game.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Wait, could we change characters who were not confirmed or reconfirmed for other characters?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Nope. People could easily cheat that way. For example, it'd be really easy to see people taking Tom Nook off their boards after seeing the Villager being confirmed. People might remove their third-parties if they already see two others confirmed. It really isn't in the spirit of bingo if you can just change your board around at any time.

That's why edits should have been done while I kept reminding everyone. It's also why any new entrants who join this late will have to make sure their boards are right the first time.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I know is something strange, but I think Tom Nook look a little too curious to Smash letter (inviting Villager)...
I don't want him as a playable char in the game, but for people who bet in him... still with hope.

After the DKCTF announces , Dixie have much more chances then K.Rool.
Next week I think we will get a new newcomer.

Top Bottom