• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Ver. 1.08 Patch Thread [MOVE TO NEW THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Just putting this up to avoid clutter in the Character Competitive Impressions thread.

Please don't post "I heard from this guy that told somebody" if you can help it. Side-by-side comparisons would be best.

Remember that Training Mode doesn't add the freshness damage bonus, and that Versus Mode does. If you compare with frame data/moveset threads, it's probably the data from Training Mode, but check first.

If any mod more diligent than myself wants to take the OP to update stuff, by all means.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
My one true concern with this patch is honestly just Yoshi diddy sheik zss luigi Pikachu and fox.

Yoshi I pray for bair buff so hits can accurately chain into each other, some buffs to tilts cause outside of dtilt the others have horrible lag at the end of em.
Patch not downloading for some reason, so I can't check myself.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Greninja's F-Tilt is buffed. The whole animation goes faster and the move does 1% more damage.

That seems to be all for him. Gotta check if people can still fall out of Up-Air.

RRoulette

Smash Apprentice
apparently greninja was buffed
edit: ninja'd
More Ike buffs:
Ftilt faster startup, reduced damage to 12%.
Dash attack startup reduced(?), damage increased to 14%.
Will test more, just first observations so far.

Last edited:

ama99

Smash Journeyman
Can pretty much 100% confirm Link's grab is much longer. Similar to ZSS now. Dthrow also has better KB.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
Is it still outranged by Bowser/DK pivot grab? You can easily test it by pivot grabbing at the ledge so you have nowhere to slide.
Not sure, can't play for a couple weeks. But credible Links in our community xat can 100% confirm

swanswan

Smash Rookie
I realize I've never posted here, but hopefully this being my intro post is irrelevant.
I'm having a lot of difficulty TrEgging with Yoshi (Dash, shield onto edge, egg throw to fall onto the ledge), and by that I mean I have not gotten it to work once. I'm wondering if anyone else can corroborate this?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I realize I've never posted here, but hopefully this being my intro post is irrelevant.
I'm having a lot of difficulty TrEgging with Yoshi (Dash, shield onto edge, egg throw to fall onto the ledge), and by that I mean I have not gotten it to work once. I'm wondering if anyone else can corroborate this?
I assume you mean post-1.08? Maybe Yoshi gained some traction.

Last edited:

RRoulette

Smash Apprentice
falcon was nerfed
[1:09:53 PM] Junior Z: Uair now does 10% with the feet and 11% with the thigh
waowh

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Greninja's F-Tilt is buffed. The whole animation goes faster and the move does 1% more damage.

That seems to be all for him. Gotta check if people can still fall out of Up-Air.
Actually, it does .5% more, as last patch it was 6.5%.

Otherwise, he's unchanged AFAIK.

Last edited:

dumshiny

Smash Rookie
King Dedede's name now fits on one line in the character select screen.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Actually, it does .5% more, as last patch it was 6.5%.

Otherwise, he's unchanged AFAIK.
Oh, okay then. Derp

Still, I'm trying to test it and I'm almost certain people can't fall out of Up-Air anymore? I really need someone to test that throughly because that's pretty important.

RRoulette

Smash Apprentice
pika still has his infinite thunder wave combo, lucky mouse

Last edited:

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Quick someone use Ness' back throw!

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Charizard's up throw got massively buffed in knockback; it's now a really strong kill throw, killing Mario from the center of FD at 125%. His down throw no longer kills, now being a combo starting throw that can true combo into fair and Dragon Rush, as well as potentially followup to uair, u-smash, and Fly, up to mid-high damages.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Infinite lightweight still in, confirm sakurai doesnt care about customs.

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
Could be placebo but Rosalina's jab feels a LOT slower. Can anyone test this for me?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Yes, they really changed things with specials used near the ledge. The bombslide/dash throw slide-off is out (this thing). The thing where freefall with Up B was faster than normal freefall seems to be gone too (this thing). And I can't get an SAF -- nor an SAF cancel -- but I suck at those so might just be me.

Presumably ledge mechanics were changed a little fix "glitches" with specials used near them.

Stuff for Link: Dthrow knockback is less, is straight up and has less knockback growth (now combos into Utilt on some chars some percents), Dtilt seems faster and combos into Uair now on Mario till like 80%, grab range is increased (possibly less lag when missed?), Usmash hits have suction now.

Last edited:

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Can confirm the Charizard throw changes: dthrow does WAY less KB (is now a combo throw) and Uthrow does much more KB, now being a kill throw.

Jrzfine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jrzfinest
3DS FC
1762-3319-6557
Marth appears to have more range, but I need more people to confirm this. Could easily just be placebo. Also his F and Bair can SH autocancel. Could they do that before?

Last edited:

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Marth's jab now sends enemies to a different angle, if you want any confirmation, look here.
For reference, 1.08 is on the 3DS, while 1.07 is on the Wii-U. Notice the combo number too; on the 3DS jab 1 to 2 registers as a true combo!

I got some KO percentage buff at the very least on u-tilt, as a tipper can kill CF at 150% (just a random number I inputted and potentially not the max) while it couldn't previously. This is on training mode so no rage mode either. Going to upload footage of that soon.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
What about Bthrow? I'm sure that's the question on a lot of people's minds.
From Ness boards:
Some interesting differences with Bthrow this patch:
Jigglypuff: 79(0)/108(0)/128(-3)
Wii Fit Trainer: 95(+1)/131(0)/154(-3)
Bowser: 110(+1)/152(+2)/179(-3)

Don't have time to look into it right now but it seems like it's a little different but I wouldn't call it a nerf. I think it sends people higher now? Hence characters dying slightly earlier from the farther side of the stage.

Also data for the newcomers:
Lucas: 93/129/152
Roy: 92/128/156
Ryu: 96/134/161

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
Diddy's Up Throw was nerfed from 8% to 5%. Down Throw was buffed from 6% to 7%. Dtilt nerfed from 6% to 5.5%

Confirming Ike's Dash Attack buffed. Does 14% at the tip, 11% at the blade.

Last edited:

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Sheik has no damage nerfs or buffs. Her F-air has the same ridiculous range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom