• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Update 1.10 Coming Friday 7/31!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

In just a few short days Smash 4 will be rocked yet again with a new wave of content. SmashBrosJP, the official Japanese Smash Twitter account, released lots of pictures and information regarding the update headed our way! A used named kamennootoko on /r/smashbros translated each Tweet for ease of understanding so we will provide those translations here. Read on and get ready for update hype!

---​

On the morning of Friday, July 31st, we will be releasing an update for Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. In addition to Tourney Mode (Wii U) and Replay Uploading, we will also distribute new premium DLC (Mii Fighter costumes, Stages).

In Tourney Mode, compete to win points over a set period of time. Players can create their own tourneys and adjust the rules as they like. We will also be holding tournaments for players to compete for the top spot. Tourney Mode will be available for free.

New Costume - Smash Hoodie
A snazzy zip-up featuring the Smash logo. Also note the flame accent on the sleeve! Comes paired with cool gray pants. Available for all Mii Fighters on 7/31!

The two stages are throwbacks to the original Super Smash Bros., Peach's Castle 64 and Hyrule Castle 64. Both stages will be available for 250 yen each on one console, and 350 yen for Wii U/3DS together.

New Costume (Swordfighter) - Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
A faithful recreation right down to the Brand of the Exalt on his arm. Unsheathe your Falchion and show Marth who the real Hero King is! Available 7/31.

New Costume (Brawler) - King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
A vivid recreation, from the bulging eyeball to the glimmering crown. Put this on, and you'll feel like King of the Kremlings! Available 7/31.

But that's not all! We will be distributing more Mii Fighter costumes in addition to the ones we have shown today. Check back here tomorrow for more info!

---​

With even more on the way what else could we see? Some potential leaks have also been spotted around that could hint at even more. Stay tuned to Smashboards for all the information you need on this upcoming update!

SmashCapps is really excited to have more content coming so soon! To keep up with live Tweets on any news he finds be sure to follow him on Twitter.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm pretty sure that the King K. Rool costume alone makes this unhype for a lot of people.

And don't get me wrong, I want King K. Rool myself.

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
>Internet's reaction when Isaac is also a Mii Costume along with K Rool and Chrom

The salt. The salt would be everywhere.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Wow, look at that K. Rool costume.

Time for me to go die in a hole.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What about the leaked photos of King K. Rool in a future direct?
We've known those were fake for some time. Especially since they used the PAON model. Considering how this costume uses the Rare model (mostly, its not 100% identical to the Rare model), if he's playable he'd definitely be based on that.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
So that's why they trademarked his name... :p

Anyway, this might give us Inkling supporters hope again!

...That or Sakurai officially has no idea what his fans want. ._.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I'm really upset at the K.Rool thing because the absolutely nailed they aesthetic of DKC in the costume. It'd be such a waste if that's all it was.

K. Rool doesn't have a tail anymore?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So that's why they trademarked his name... :p

Anyway, this might give us Inkling supporters hope again!

...That or Sakurai officially has no idea what his fans want. ._.
Considering how Inklings also got a trophy, unlikely...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm really upset at the K.Rool thing because the absolutely nailed they aesthetic of DKC in the costume. It'd be such a waste if that's all it was.

K. Rool doesn't have a tail anymore?
This costume has a tail. As for the model... Others have noted, it looks like it could've been a playable model they ripped apart and added parts of it to create a costume, it looks that damn good.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Balance patch where?
It looks like there may not be a character this update, so no need for a balance patch. That said, with recent leaks, they'll likely show off more than what's just in this update. There's leaks of the two past stages, a new Dr. Mario stage, and possibly even a Great Bay stage. That last one was written off, until the other very real looking leaks started popping up.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Chrom as a Mii Costume is just awesome. At least we can say: I can play as Chrom. Definitely having a sword battle once i get him. King K Rool though, while cool seeing him playable in some way, i thought he was going to be a full DLC character.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Apparently there might also be a Doctor Mario stage? Not sure if it'll be part of the set or not.

http://imgur.com/a/Q0b47
There was numerous leaked screenshots, one of which showed the Dr. Mario stage in stage select alongside Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle. Another leaked screenshot seemed to be off Great Bay, though that one wasn't shown with the others. Considering how all these came out right around the same time, though, I think its very possible it could be from some sort of video showing everything off that got leaked.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>K. Rool fans will relentlessly argue against sane arguments against his inclusion.

>K. Rool Mii costume is announced

>THAT is what gets them doubtful

I don't even particularly want K. Rool. In fact, I think he's Ridley 2.0 in terms of how overrated he is.

But a Mii costume does not deconfirm him. Plenty of characters already have Mii costume parts while also existing on the roster. And then there was the Meta Knight Mask for Miis being revealed before Meta Knight himself.

So yeah this means nothing.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Why would they be using K. rools classic design. if I'm correct, rare designed the original and i think nintendo changed it when they lost the rights. Has nintendo finally got the king back? Correct this if I'm wrong though

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
This costume has a tail. As for the model... Others have noted, it looks like it could've been a playable model they ripped apart and added parts of it to create a costume, it looks that damn good.
I was replying to that comic. Clearly they went full on Rareware-era with this (which I love). I hope it is from his legit model. Please let that be the surprise.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
K. Rool fans feeling what Inkling fans felt with the goddamn ugly Inkling Mii costumes.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Why would they be using K. rools classic design. if I'm correct, rare designed the original and i think nintendo changed it when they lost the rights. Has nintendo finally got the king back? Correct this if I'm wrong though
Nintendo changed it because modern day Nintendo likes to take things from my childhood, whitewash the **** out of them and make it like nothing happened. Nintendo never ever lost the rights to anything in DKC other than cameos to Rare properties.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo changed it because modern day Nintendo likes to take things from my childhood, whitewash the **** out of them and make it like nothing happened. Nintendo never ever lost the rights to anything in DKC other than cameos to Rare properties.
wow. i did think its odd they didn't use k. rool in dkcr and dkcr: tropical freeze.

BiRdZ

Smash Rookie
NNID
Brock722
3DS FC
2535-4775-2786
I'm not saying they won't be in the game, but lets not forget that before the game came out we saw a Meta Knight mask and he's still in the game. There's also a Samus outfit as well. This probably does deconfirm them, but lets not jump the gun yet.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So is their going to be a character reveal on that day? Usually, whenever they release a new wave of DLC it comes with at least one character.

If so, Wolf or K. Rool could probably released on that day. Snake is a darkhorse pick for me as well.

Nelkoy

Smash Cadet
There's some leaks images of a new Dr. Mario stage:

And...

H Y P E B O Y S

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure that the King K. Rool costume alone makes this unhype for a lot of people.

And don't get me wrong, I want King K. Rool myself.

I know that Link Mii costume meant that Link wasn't a playable character.

Not even in Toon form.

73V3N

Smash Rookie
It's funny how it was specifically stated in the Ryu direct that DLC newcomers/charaters would be entirely fan service from that point on, and then he throws us a Mii Fighter costume of the #1 ballot choice. If the DLC is truly fan service, then Sakurai is just toying with us and hinting at K. Rool to try to throw us off, which is reasonable because he would want people to be genuinely surprised about a character's inclusion rather that completely expect it.

We just better get K. Rool.

Top Bottom