• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

D

Deleted member

I say nah.
It's all just one custom-heavy character (Mii Fighter). Yes, there are three different styles to choose from, but in essence, it's one character.

It's not like Pokémon Trainer where it's three characters working in a unit.

EDIT: I had to double-take. I wasn't sure if that really was Mr. Resetti or if it was Don Resetti like in that PotD.
Then I realized the mole was fat. So yeah, that's ol' Sonny.
Good eye, AEM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
For those wishing for Sceptile, he would be a nice addition, but he has a ton of competition for the Pokemon slots.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
With Nabbit gone that's all the characters that have been playable in a major Mario platformer confirmed to appear.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So I forgot to disconfirm Mr. Resetti, so to make up for that I remade a whole lot of the other disconfirmed icons so they looked more uniform and nicer in general.

Donkey Kong Country

• Cranky Kong's artwork changed.

The Legend of Zelda

• Toon Sheik's and Tingle's artwork changed.

Yoshi's Island

• Kamek's artwork changed.

Pokémon

• Pokémon Trainer Red's, Pokémon Trainer Leaf's, Zoroark's, and Genesect's artwork changed.

F-Zero

• Samurai Goroh's artwork changed.

Pre-Smash 64

• Tamagon's, Devil's, and Lip's artwork changed.

Pre-Melee

• Isa Jo's and Tom Nook's artwork changed.
• Mr Resetti has been disconfirmed (During the Invitational, is a background character on Town and City).

Pre-Brawl

• Nintencat's artwork changed.
• Chorus Men renamed to Chorus Kids and artwork changed.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Probably when their series received the standard Smash icon and not a specific one.

My question is why Zoroark has a red tint when he was shown with all those other Pokeball Pocketmangs in the trailer...

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Out of curiosity, when did Isa Jo and Tamagon get deconfirmed?
Probably when their series received the standard Smash icon and not a specific one.
Pretty much this.
Waluigi and Ashley still received a Wario franchise icon, despite Wario still being nowhere in sight. So it is safe to assume we will not get a Sin & Punishment or Devil World franchise character since there was no franchise icon displayed with their assist trophy reveals in the Smash Direct.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Do alternate costumes get slots? Is so, where are WireFrame Mac and Pink SweatSuit Mac?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, tomorrow we'll get a newcomer for sure. All that remains to be seen is if anything happens at EVO.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just hope it's not someone who passes under the radar again. Though chances of that are quite slim.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I just hope it's not someone who passes under the radar again. Though chances of that are quite slim.
inb4stuntracefxcart
My question is why Zoroark has a red tint when he was shown with all those other Pokeball Pocketmangs in the trailer...
I somehow missed this,
I originally had Zoroark in green too, but we still haven't really seen it actually come out of a Pokéball as of yet. So until we know that it comes out of a Pokéball, I figured it was better to not assume it was going to be an assist character.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow, that's three characters and 5 panels to change. Falcon, Lucina, and all three Robins. (the Orignal which the swear filter won't allow, Jason and Tim)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Technically, hooded Robin (which represented "Gender Neutral Robin" w/ no voice) has been disconfirmed while Male and Female were confirmed.

D

Deleted member

Couldn't he be an alt though? Or do we not count alts here?
There's already male and female.
Seriously doubt Gender Neutral is going to come into play.

Double-post bump (Sorry mods)

Another thing that should be changed to the chart is the placement of the "X Protagonist".
Considering that it's been confirmed that the game is a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles (Xenoblade Chronicles X), the placement of the "X Protagonist" should be moved next to Shulk while everything past Shulk shifts over to the right.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Update.

F-Zero

• Captain Falcon, races his way back into battle!

Fire Emblem

• Lucina, wakes her blade!
• Robin, brings the thunder!
• Female Robin is a costume option for Robin, so she has been confirmed.
• A mute hooded Robin has been shown unnecessary, since both genders are playable.
• Chrom will have to get his chance another day, as he is a part of Robin's final smash.

Pre-Super Smash Brothers for 3DS & Wii U

• In reflection to X now being officially referred to as Xenoblade Chronicles: X, the "X Protagonist" has been moved to be next to Shulk. Everyone between them have been shifted forward.

With three new characters revealed and a couple of disconfirmations, here's another look at your potential cast members of Super Smash Brothers for 3DS and Wii U!!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if Layton and Slime will get trophies or if Rayman is unique. I can certainly see a Professor Layton one happening.

D

Deleted member

Front post updated.

I'm wondering if we should do another period of voting for additions with the idea of future DLC down the line....

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Maybe if there's nothing after a week. Rules should include that any character in a gamplay specific capacity is out (no Tingle or Yellow Devil for example)

My votes go to Captain Toad, Krystal and Inkling from Splatoon BTW.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Front post updated.

I'm wondering if we should do another period of voting for additions with the idea of future DLC down the line....
Also should we update the 3rd party chart too with characters like Maxwell,Monster Hunter, and Travis Touchdown, since they have a chance to get at the very least trophy content like Rayman?

D

Deleted member

Also should we update the 3rd party chart too with characters like Maxwell,Monster Hunter, and Travis Touchdown, since they have a chance to get at the very least trophy content like Rayman?
No.
The chart is meant to speculate characters, not speculate who's going to show up as a trophy/assist/boss/etc.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Maybe if there's nothing after a week. Rules should include that any character in a gamplay specific capacity is out (no Tingle or Yellow Devil for example)

My votes go to Captain Toad, Krystal and Inkling from Splatoon BTW.
Anyone who isn't already a part of a stage, alternate outfit, moveset, final smash, item, etc. should be valid, really. No sense in voting for anyone when we can just automatically slate anyone without a colored tint, and then look through the red characters and decide if they're acceptable (Nabbit on his stage versus Wonder Red as a trophy for example, only the latter would be slated).

Though yes, I am for the idea of adding Captain Toad and Inkling. Assuming we don't already have them on the chart, anyway.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yes, Trophies could still make it. It's not as if Playable characters don't have extra random trophies. (Wolf Link, Baby Mario, Command Falco)

D

Deleted member

Er...characters already on the chart regardless of their role aren't being voted upon. Even if they're "redded" out, if they're DLC, they'll just be updated with a spankin' brand new color for DLC (maybe yellow?).

What I'm talking about is voting for more additions to the chart based on the possibility of DLC to bypass the "too late to consider" rule.
Ex. Captain Toad, who has his own game and apparently wishes to join the fight, Inkling, who made her/his debut (Most likely will be another Villager/Wii Fit Trainer/Robin) just a few months ago, Sceptile, who can be used to promote OR/AS, etc.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Yes, Trophies could still make it. It's not as if Playable characters don't have extra random trophies. (Wolf Link, Baby Mario, Command Falco)
A key thing to note however is that all of those trophies have distinctly different appearances and names from their character counterparts. While Wolf Link and Baby Mario are different from the characters outright, Command Falco distinguishes itself as "The Falco design that appears in Star Fox Command", rather than just "Falco" outright.

I'm not saying trophies are ineligible for DLC. I'm just saying two things:

1.) For DLC to accommodate this, they'll likely have to come up with a creative way to have both their old trophies and their smash trophies coexist, likely by creating a new trophy of "Wonder Red (Smash)" or by changing the name of the old one to "Wonder Red (W101)".

2.) Unless we get confirmation of fighter characters getting trophies of themselves in addition to their 1-player trophies, which so far we have evidence to believe will not happen in the form of 3 Wii Fit Trainer trophies using the same model, we can fully expect to stick with the old system we have that shown trophies will not become characters in the base game.

Not being said to anyone here in specific, just a way to circumvent anyone from wanting to change policies simply because of the surge of "Rayman has a trophy, RAYMAN CONFIRMED BASE GAME CHARACTER" rubbish going around.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Er...characters already on the chart regardless of their role aren't being voted upon. Even if they're "redded" out, if they're DLC, they'll just be updated with a spankin' brand new color for DLC (maybe yellow?).

What I'm talking about is voting for more additions to the chart based on the possibility of DLC to bypass the "too late to consider" rule.
Ex. Captain Toad, who has his own game and apparently wishes to join the fight, Inkling, who made her/his debut (Most likely will be another Villager/Wii Fit Trainer/Robin) just a few months ago, Sceptile, who can be used to promote OR/AS, etc.
So you mean we'll keep the exact same chart, we'll just add a few more characters in expectation of DLC? Ah.

If that's the case, I nominate Captain Toad and Inkling, as well as Rayman (who should be marked red upon being added, obviously).

D

Deleted member

Also, it has come to my attention that Wild Gunman may have to be counted as disconfirmed after looking back at an older PotD.

May 15th's, to be exact.

Color TV-Game 6 (not 15; 15 was 1978) was released in 1977 and is "the oldest game to join the Smash Bros. series".
The original Wild Gunman for the arcade was released in 1974, three years prior. Therefore, if the Wild Gunman were to show up, Color TV-Game 6 would not be the oldest game to join the Smash Bros. series.
Which means Wild Gunman is technically disconfirmed without even being mentioned.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Also, it has come to my attention that Wild Gunman may have to be counted as disconfirmed after looking back at an older PotD.

May 15th's, to be exact.

Color TV-Game 6 (not 15; 15 was 1978) was released in 1977 and is "the oldest game to join the Smash Bros. series".
The original Wild Gunman for the arcade was released in 1974, three years prior. Therefore, if the Wild Gunman were to show up, Color TV-Game 6 would not be the oldest game to join the Smash Bros. series.
Which means Wild Gunman is technically disconfirmed without even being mentioned.
Doublecheck the original Japanese to see if there's any chance of a mistranslated but otherwise, you got something.

Top Bottom