• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure. It's "Roy Roy Roy".
Roy could become Roy Koopa.

I see no reason to mark a character out of limbo unless they have a role in the game or their entire existence depends on certain circumstances (Toon Sheik doesn't even exist, and was only included to be a Sheik clone for Toon Zelda's transformation. With transformations gone, any chance of getting the non-existent Toon Sheik died). :roypm: fits neither of these requirements and should remain in limbo.

inb4doesn'tcountsinceit'snotazeldagame

"Lord Roy!"
"Roy!"
said in a different fashion, similar to the bit of curiosity in the way he says "Junior!"
Post-addition, all Koopalings changed to "____ Koopa!"

A character by any other name is just as sweet.
None of these are plausible.

D

Deleted member

That's not a Toon Sheik.
That's Sheik in Scribblenauts.
The game uses Toon designs for the Zelda characters. With Toon Zelda turning into that Sheik.
Therefore, it's a Toon Sheik.

...Because...?
Simple logic.
Roy is not "Lord Roy", he's "Roy". There is no feasible reason to believe that such a name would be applied to him just so people don't mix him up with Roy the Koopaling.
I'm not even going to get into how stupid the concept of "say the other Roy's name in different tone" is...
And altering the game to give the entire set of Koopalings their full names just for again, the sake of having people not mix the two Roys up, is asinine.

I will say this again. My decision is final.
I've argued with you about Rosalina, Ridley, and Dark Pit in regards to the chart in the past and have been right in each case after having to either comply or compromise. I'm putting my foot down for this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So what's the plan for chart-ery?

I think all veterans are up, even Roy and the Ice Climbers with the difficulties they'd have. Any of the presumed Brawl characters, I'm not so sure. We're not sure they got past the rough concept stage.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Even if you're done arguing, at least be a Saint and read me over before moving on.
The game uses Toon designs for the Zelda characters. With Toon Zelda turning into that Sheik.
Therefore, it's a Toon Sheik.
Nowhere in the game does it state the Zelda characters in Scribblenauts Unlimited are strictly Toon based. The designs, while with similarities, are in the Scribblenauts art-style in the first place, meaning that Sheik we're using in the chart has nothing to do with the Scribblenauts Sheik. The "Toon" Sheik you insist on referring to is an made-up at worst and non-canon at best... Who even legitimately sees Scribblenauts Sheik and thinks "Oh, that's Toon Sheik right there"?

Man, what are we even going on about here? The whole idea that Sheik as she appears in Scribblenauts Unlimited having anything to do with Roy is an absurd amount of straw grasping as it is.
Simple logic.
Roy is not "Lord Roy", he's "Roy". There is no feasible reason to believe that such a name would be applied to him just so people don't mix him up with Roy the Koopaling.
I'm not even going to get into how stupid the concept of "say the other Roy's name in different tone" is...
And altering the game to give the entire set of Koopalings their full names just for again, the sake of having people not mix the two Roys up, is asinine.
No feasible reason, despite the fact that he's a friggin' Lord in his game. Later promoted to Master Lord. First sentence of his Melee trophy saying he is son of the lord of Pharae prinicpality and making it pretty obvious of what comes next in his lineage. None of that is feasible reasoning? Hell, I guess the possibility of ever seeing Peach referred to as "Princess Peach" is out of the question as well, considering giving a proper name to a veteran is just unacceptable for the announcer to ever do. Sacrilege, surely.

It's stupid, but would the thousands of Roy fans agree with you? Would Sakurai care when that small distinction is plenty of DLC for making another easy edit of Marth? Are videos games completely above ever having more than one character of the same name? You can poke at it all you want, but objectively speaking, how stupid it is has no relevance to the conversation. If you'd like to explain what issues lie with having characters of the same name has when an audial distinction is given, that's a lot less arrogant and a lot more helpful to the conversation.

And a second time, you resort to saying an idea is stupid rather than flawed. Roy's requests are still beyond modest in the Smash community throughout the years, so clearly there are plenty of people who would be willing to see the Koopalings receive name changes in order to have their veteran return. So again, deconstructing the point does us all a lot more good than ignoring it.

I will say this again. My decision is final.
I've argued with you about Rosalina, Ridley, and Dark Pit in regards to the chart in the past and have been right in each case after having to either comply or compromise. I'm putting my foot down for this one.
Because you were right about a few other characters completely unrelated to the context, you've suddenly got expertise of how DLC will be done simply because I'm the opposition? So what, hubris is how we'll enclose this thing? If I never even said a thing, there are still others who disagree with your decision. Golden, nobody is doubting Roy's return. That's a given. The fact of the matter is that I and several others all agree that nothing has been set to completely shut Roy out from ever returning, which is the point of the chart in the first place. Anyone else should be deconfirmed for being "unlikely" if the chart's purpose is suddenly otherwise.

Hypothetical: Say we mark a character for deconfirmed and ultimately they're added as DLC despite no prior role ever being given to them. Roy is getting a Binding Blade remake and Sakurai decides to add him with a few tweaks to his Melee moveset as an easy appeasement to his Melee fans. If we had no reason prior to believe that Roy was already A.) given a role in the game that prevents him from ever receiving DLC or B.) been usurped by a playable character that he absolutely cannot coexist with within the mechanics of the game, then this is less that of an objective chart and more of a general prediction thread (which we already have countless other threads for). We'd be marking Roy for exclusive reasoning when it should be done inclusively. That was my mistake with wanting to mark characters like Miis and Dark Pit as deconfirmed in the past. Are we about to willingly repeat it again?

Again, through reasons of principle alone, as in I could not give any less of a **** of what actually happens to Roy, Roy should be kept unmarked until role as an Assist Trophy, stage element, or something else completely immune Alfonization shows up for him. With others in the thread clearly saying something similar to that effect, is it truly out of the question to ask for a similar perspective as any other character in limbo?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Even if you're done arguing, at least be a Saint and read me over before moving on.
This will be the last argument I'm going to make before retirement. I was hoping to not have to make such a lengthy one, but oh well.
Guess I'm going with a bang.

Nowhere in the game does it state the Zelda characters in Scribblenauts Unlimited are strictly Toon based. The designs, while with similarities, are in the Scribblenauts art-style in the first place, meaning that Sheik we're using in the chart has nothing to do with the Scribblenauts Sheik. The "Toon" Sheik you insist on referring to is an made-up at worst and non-canon at best... Who even legitimately sees Scribblenauts Sheik and thinks "Oh, that's Toon Sheik right there"?
Irrelevant point and strawman (seriously? I "insist"? I only brought it up once to AEM and responded to his response).
Regardless of "Scribblenauts style" it uses the Toon designs for the characters (with Toon versions of Sheik and Beast Ganon made). Same with the Paper designs for the Mario characters.

Man, what are we even going on about here? The whole idea that Sheik as she appears in Scribblenauts Unlimited having anything to do with Roy is an absurd amount of straw grasping as it is.
What AEM and I were going on about was how Toon Sheik, like Roy, had not been directly disconfirmed, but by sheer logic is as good as disconfirmed.
Which you would've caught if you didn't decide to just target the side point of the argument about the logic used for Toon Sheik's disconfirmation label.

No feasible reason, despite the fact that he's a friggin' Lord in his game. Later promoted to Master Lord. First sentence of his Melee trophy saying he is son of the lord of Pharae prinicpality and making it pretty obvious of what comes next in his lineage. None of that is feasible reasoning? Hell, I guess the possibility of ever seeing Peach referred to as "Princess Peach" is out of the question as well, considering giving a proper name to a veteran is just unacceptable for the announcer to ever do. Sacrilege, surely.
Need a tin man and a lion to go with that scarecrow of a strawman?
Marth is of the Lord class too. However, he's never Lord Marth, he's Prince Marth. (Or King Marth depending on the game.) Roy is never given the title "Lord Roy". Hell, if I recall correctly, he's never called Prince Roy either. He's always been "Roy".
That is why it's unfeasible. Because it's an arbitrary title never been used to refer to him (not even in his literal debut in Smash) JUST FOR THE SAKE of having a different moniker from the other Roy already featured in game.
If there was some new character simply named "Peach" completely unrelated to the Peach we already have (and isn't a princess), the "old" Peach can feasibly be named "Princess Peach" because that's a moniker she's legitimately known as/referred to.

It's stupid, but would the thousands of Roy fans agree with you? Would Sakurai care when that small distinction is plenty of DLC for making another easy edit of Marth? Are videos games completely above ever having more than one character of the same name? You can poke at it all you want, but objectively speaking, how stupid it is has no relevance to the conversation. If you'd like to explain what issues lie with having characters of the same name has when an audial distinction is given, that's a lot less arrogant and a lot more helpful to the conversation.
Notice how the examples in the One Steve Limit work around it in other ways than labeling the characters the exact same way with a change in tone by an announcer or 3rd party stating their name.
Really, the arguing point that would be least supported by the One Steve Limit trope is this one. At least the others (giving Roy a title or fully labeling Roy Koopa) would be proper examples of the trope in effect. Hence why the concept is stupid; the trope is not in effect.

Furthermore, do you not realize that Sakurai was actively avoiding adding newer characters similar to pre-existing ones? And before you try to use Doc/Pittoo/Lucy as a counterexample, they were not meant to be separate characters. They were alts like Alph and the Koopalings. They only became separate because the changes in their moves/properties would affect match outcomes in different ways to the standard characters.
What makes you think Sakurai's looking for easy clones for DLC?

And a second time, you resort to saying an idea is stupid rather than flawed. Roy's requests are still beyond modest in the Smash community throughout the years, so clearly there are plenty of people who would be willing to see the Koopalings receive name changes in order to have their veteran return. So again, deconstructing the point does us all a lot more good than ignoring it.
Can't deconstruct what hasn't been constructed in the first place. You literally have no point here.
Just a statement that Roy is moderately scoring high on a popularity poll from months ago and a hypothesis that the Roy fans would want (at least) Roy Koopa to be given a full label so Roy could retain his that somehow is blended into an argument that rehauling the Koopaling's names to their full names just so Roy can be incorporated is not asinine (which I was using to mean unreasonable, not stupid. If I was saying it was stupid, I'd just flat out say it.)
The idea of applying the One Steve Limit to the two Roys itself is reasonable. It's the idea of altering what's already present in order TO apply the One Steve Limit that renders it asinine.

Because you were right about a few other characters completely unrelated to the context, you've suddenly got expertise of how DLC will be done simply because I'm the opposition? So what, hubris is how we'll enclose this thing? If I never even said a thing, there are still others who disagree with your decision. Golden, nobody is doubting Roy's return. That's a given. The fact of the matter is that I and several others all agree that nothing has been set to completely shut Roy out from ever returning, which is the point of the chart in the first place. Anyone else should be deconfirmed for being "unlikely" if the chart's purpose is suddenly otherwise.
Strawman again.
I didn't make any such claim that I had expertise on the subject nor that you were inferior because of me being right.
I said that I was done bending over and giving in either completely or through compromise because each case I did, my opposition proved to be justified. So I'm refusing to bend over this time.
As for the last sentence, that's why not only Toon Sheik (look, here's me insisting on bringing her up again :rolleyes:) has been labeled down for the count, but why Young Link, Worlds Link, Pokémon Trainer, etc. were as well.
Hell, cases where a tag-team is involved are technically up for debate now considering Sakurai having to outright scrap the Ice Climbers. Non-Final Smash transformations too, since the reason why Zelda/Sheik and Samus/Zero Suit were split and Charizard going solo.

Hypothetical: Say we mark a character for deconfirmed and ultimately they're added as DLC despite no prior role ever being given to them. Roy is getting a Binding Blade remake and Sakurai decides to add him with a few tweaks to his Melee moveset as an easy appeasement to his Melee fans. If we had no reason prior to believe that Roy was already A.) given a role in the game that prevents him from ever receiving DLC or B.) been usurped by a playable character that he absolutely cannot coexist with within the mechanics of the game, then this is less that of an objective chart and more of a general prediction thread (which we already have countless other threads for). We'd be marking Roy for exclusive reasoning when it should be done inclusively. That was my mistake with wanting to mark characters like Miis and Dark Pit as deconfirmed in the past. Are we about to willingly repeat it again?
If it was just that Roy has no role in the game, there'd be no issue.
It's the fact that his "role" has already been filled by Lucina (Young Link Clause; unless you honestly believe we need to change Young Link's marking as well despite Toon Link's existence) and there's already a "Roy" present in the game.
That's quite different from "Miis make cameos on the Find Mii stage" and "Dark Pit appears as a teaser segment of Palutena's cinematic trailer".

Again, through reasons of principle alone, as in I could not give any less of a **** of what actually happens to Roy, Roy should be kept unmarked until role as an Assist Trophy, stage element, or something else completely immune Alfonization shows up for him. With others in the thread clearly saying something similar to that effect, is it truly out of the question to ask for a similar perspective as any other character in limbo?
Putting him disconfirmed because of quite damning logic is similar perspective to the others in limbo. To deny the damning logic would be giving Roy special treatment that characters like I've previously stated do not get.
Either they all get it or none of them do.

Now that that's out of the way, it's time for a special announcement. I'm officially retiring from the Speculation Chart.
I'm going to be quite honest and say that I was kind of glad when the Character Boards were closed, since running this thing has been quite stressful for me, and I'm already under a lot of stress as it is, so I don't want to build it up again through this thread.
I pass the torch on to @ AEMehr AEMehr , and request that ownership of the thread be transferred to him.
AEM, why I chose you is this:
-You are more professional about this than I am.
-You are a mod, so that'll be overall better for the thread than a lowly member like me.
-You're already doing the major part of the thread, the charts themselves, so really, it's more like your thread anyway that I just happen to be the figurehead for.

I know the charts have been giving you a lot of stress as well, so I apologize for essentially getting out of it and leaving you to handle everything.
But on the plus side is, instead of having to wait on me to make the final decision or update the front post with the charts, you'll be able to take care of it much quicker. And with you in charge, perhaps there will be less controversy that ends up making the thread look bad. I mean, we're not even at 100 pages, and I'm not proud of a majority of them.
I will still participate in the community decisions and any votes that are done down the line, but I'm taking a much less active role.
Here's to a new future for the Speculation Chart.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
wow its been two days sinse the character threads got new life and already there a big argument here about who should be on the chart

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I feel that Golden's argument is a strong one, I mean I myself heavily doubt Roy will be playable let alone make an appearance at all under the circumstances. But I feel it would be better that we leave him under the limbo status, because he might as well just not appear at all. With the disconfirmation status mostly becoming a trophy status for pretty every character that's currently disconfirmed (I guess barring Balloon Fighter, Alice, and Toon Sheik).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Given that Mewtwo is a Trophy I guess all trophies are fair game but any Assist trophies and bosses are out.

My thoughts on potential characters by series

Mario
Daisy: Maybe if they really wanted a character based on Mario Spin-offs but unlikley
Captain Toad: He has an identity outside of generic Toads so with a way around his no-jumping problem he could be a good one. (bonus if Toadette is alternate)

Zelda
Impa: Got more popularity after Hyrule Warriors but experience has taught us that unless your name starts with Super and ends with Mario any spin-offs won't appear in Smash (barring one Pokemon Snap trophy) so a Giant's Knife weilding Impa is unlikely
Toon Zelda/Ganondorf: Good for a clone/semi but not a good use of DLC.
Young Link: Toon Link is basically the same character.

Donkey Kong
Dixie Kong: Has the best chances in my opinion of newcomers. Has a long history and has been relevant, could imagainher as a Wolf-ified Diddy. (Wolf is a semi-clone no matter what Smash wiki says)
Cranky Kong: Similar to Dixie but with less playable appearances under belt
King K. Rool: Hasn't appeared since Mario Sluggers but brings more to the table than the Kongs.

Yoshi
Uhhhh...?

Kirby
Bandana Waddle Dee: Has a moveset that follows Smash rules and has been prominant in Kirby games but seems like Bow-Fr to K DDD's Bowser. Chances low

Pokemon
Veteran Pokemon: With Mewtwo in I doubt they'll include another Pokemon but if so of the remaining three veterans I think Squirtle has the best chance. And I say that as an Ivyaur man.

Star Fox
Wolf: Has the best chance with a new Star Fox game coming and having a moveset already made.
Krystal: Has to compete with Wolf so chances lower

Metroid
No luck: Metroid isn't a series big on recurring characters. Barney is a Boss and I don't think Alfonzo could sub for him.

Earthbound
Lucas: I don't think his chances are great because Ness has all his specials and Mother has finished but there is hope. His normals were all unique.

F-Zero
See Yoshi

Fire Emblem
Roy: Went from the vet with the second best chances to some of the worst. His gimmick of noob-Marth is taken by Lucy and his name is taken by a Koopa. Not popular in FE series anyway

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel that Golden's argument is a strong one, I mean I myself heavily doubt Roy will be playable let alone make an appearance at all under the circumstances. But I feel it would be better that we leave him under the limbo status, because he might as well just not appear at all. With the disconfirmation status mostly becoming a trophy status for pretty every character that's currently disconfirmed (I guess barring Balloon Fighter, Alice, and Toon Sheik).
What of cases like Pokémon Trainer and Young Link.
Will they be given the trophy limbo, or will they be considered disconfirmed because of alternate reasoning?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Will they be given the trophy limbo, or will they be considered disconfirmed because of alternate reasoning?
IM(worthless)O Squirtle and Ivysaur should be considered likeley but Trainer, in Limbo. Only way I could see him in in in a Doc-Louis esque capacity with him appearing in victory poses and the like.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Both characters are trophies, and it's safe to say that a third Link appearing is highly unlikely. So Young Link will probably remain disconfirmed.
Pokemon Trainer may be promoted to a Trophy ranking, since his role could change as a supporting character like Guybrush brings up. But I don't think he's got much chance at being playable by himself.

D

Deleted member

IM(worthless)O Squirtle and Ivysaur should be considered likeley but Trainer, in Limbo. Only way I could see him in in in a Doc-Louis esque capacity with him appearing in victory poses and the like.
Well, Squirtle and Ivysaur, unlikely as they are, can be considered in Trophy limbo considering they could still technically come back as separate characters like Charizard.
The Trainer himself....considering the concept of character swapping was removed entirely outside of temporary transformations via Final Smash, he (as well as the female Trainer) should be considered as good as disconfirmed considering he wouldn't be there to swap the Pokémon out.

Both characters are trophies, and it's safe to say that a third Link appearing is highly unlikely. So Young Link will probably remain disconfirmed.
Pokemon Trainer may be promoted to a Trophy ranking, since his role could change as a supporting character like Guybrush brings up. But I don't think he's got much chance at being playable by himself.
If Trophy limbo is "a character's only role is a trophy, but still has a chance at being a playable character later on like Mewtwo" like when I first brought up the concept, then it wouldn't really make sense to put PT there since the only thing he can really be promoted to is a cameo character like Doc Louis, which would still be a disconfirmation.
If Trophy limbo is just "a character's only role is a trophy" without worrying about what future role they could be given if they could be given one, then putting PT there is fine. However, Young Link would probably have to be placed there as well since his only role is a trophy despite Toon Link making his return near negligible.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
If Trophy limbo is "a character's only role is a trophy, but still has a chance at being a playable character later on like Mewtwo" like when I first brought up the concept, then it wouldn't really make sense to put PT there since the only thing he can really be promoted to is a cameo character like Doc Louis, which would still be a disconfirmation.
If Trophy limbo is just "a character's only role is a trophy" without worrying about what future role they could be given if they could be given one, then putting PT there is fine. However, Young Link would probably have to be placed there as well since his only role is a trophy despite Toon Link making his return near negligible.
I'm aiming to have Trophy Limbo act as the latter option, which would be a yellow background.

Disconfirmations (The red background) will go for characters that: appear on stages as hazards, assist existing characters, are unnecessary due to the inclusion of another character.

So the Trainer would go under trophy, but I would think the Links go under disconfirmation. Since their role was taken by Toon Link.

D

Deleted member

I'm aiming to have Trophy Limbo act as the latter option, which would be a yellow background.

Disconfirmations (The red background) will go for characters that: appear on stages as hazards, assist existing characters, are unnecessary due to the inclusion of another character.

So the Trainer would go under trophy, but I would think the Links go under disconfirmation. Since their role was taken by Toon Link.
If that's how you want it to go, then go for it. I personally disagree with Pokémon Trainer not getting the disconfirmation treatment, but it's not up to me.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
If that's how you want it to go, then go for it. I personally disagree with Pokémon Trainer not getting the disconfirmation treatment, but it's not up to me.
Well I mean, I was originally going to make him disconfirmed too but I thought you were arguing for that to not happen. So I was like, "yeah I see your point there" but no you were arguing for disconfirmation which was my initial plan so yeah

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well I mean, I was originally going to make him disconfirmed too but I thought you were arguing for that to not happen. So I was like, "yeah I see your point there" but no you were arguing for disconfirmation which was my initial plan so yeah
Excuse me, AEM, but when do you think the charts will be updated? Also, if you still can't update the charts yet, can you at least give me a list of what WILL be updated?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Excuse me, AEM, but when do you think the charts will be updated? Also, if you still can't update the charts yet, can you at least give me a list of what WILL be updated?
That is still to be determined, there's a lot to update aside from just the confirmations and all.

It could at least take a week for me to find the time to do everything, but I can let you know that pretty much all of the characters currently on the chart are staying on the chart (With one or two exceptions). I'm only going to add the Koopalings and update the status of all confirmations, disconfirmations, and trophy appearances.

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
Mario Series

Donkey Kong Series

Legend of Zelda Series

Metroid Series

Yoshi Series

Kirby Series

Star Fox Series

Pokémon Series

F-Zero Series

Mother Series

Fire Emblem Series

Kid Icarus Series

Wario Series

Pikmin Series

Pre-Smash 64 Series

Pre-Melee Series

Pre-Brawl Series

Post-Brawl Series

3rd-Party Series

How this will work is like this:

-When a character is confirmed, they will be given a blue background.
-When a character is generally disconfirmed, they will be faded out in red.
-When a character is confirmed to be an Assist, they will be faded out in green.
-Characters used as alternate costumes will be given a purple background.
-Characters that appear as trophies will be given a yellow background.
-Characters not confirmed will have a grey background.

EDIT: Charts Updated 8/18/14 (Additions and Meta Knight's Revenge)

[ORIGINAL THREAD OWNER: @GoldenYuiitusin]
Who is the character to the right of Matthew? Also I would like to see Rundas from Metroid. Also what about Jill from Drill Dozer, Tempo from Harmoknight, Zoroark, Stanley the Bugman, Lolo (The adventures of Lolo), F-Type, Hiro (Card Hero), Harry (Teleroboxer), DeMille, Pulseman, Kalas (Baten Kaitos), Maxwell, Bomberman, also who should be the representative of Project Codename S.T.E.A.M.?

Laniv

Smash Champion
Who is the character to the right of Matthew? Also I would like to see Rundas from Metroid. Also what about Jill from Drill Dozer, Tempo from Harmoknight, Zoroark, Stanley the Bugman, Lolo (The adventures of Lolo), F-Type, Hiro (Card Hero), Harry (Teleroboxer), DeMille, Pulseman, Kalas (Baten Kaitos), Maxwell, Bomberman, also who should be the representative of Project Codename S.T.E.A.M.?
That would be Kururin, the pilot of the Helirin Assist Trophy:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
At this current point in time, no character additions are being accepted.

My major goal is to finish the charts, which is going pretty steadily so far.

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
At this current point in time, no character additions are being accepted.

My major goal is to finish the charts, which is going pretty steadily so far.
You included inkling but not Fleming from STEAM the other new IP announced. You have Xenoblade represented without Monolith's other major franchise Baten Kaitos whose playable character candidate should be Kalas. You don't have any of Game Freak's other major franchises or characters like Pulseman, Jill (Drill Dozer), or Tempo (Harmoknight), another HAL representative with Lololo, and you don't have the next most obvious 3rd party character Bomberman, Lastly the last obscure characters you could at least add are DeMile, F-Type (whose popularity has been increasing lately), and Harry (who represents the virtual boy). Also Shigeru Miyamoto loves Stanley the Bugman and has been trying to bring him back for some time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You have Xenoblade represented without Monolith's other major franchise Baten Kaitos whose playable character candidate should be Kalas.
Xenoblade didn't get a character "because it's from Monolith Soft," so this point is moot.

You don't have any of Game Freak's other major franchises or characters like Pulseman, Jill (Drill Dozer), or Tempo (Harmoknight),
GameFreak is notoriously hard to work with, that's why.

another HAL representative with Lololo,
Third party, by technicality.

and you don't have the next most obvious 3rd party character Bomberman,
Technically the "next most obvious" is Snake.

Lastly the last obscure characters you could at least add are DeMile, F-Type (whose popularity has been increasing lately), and Harry (who represents the virtual boy). Also Shigeru Miyamoto loves Stanley the Bugman and has been trying to bring him back for some time.
Why? There's virtually no chance they'd be added as DLC, and they'd just be filler on here. And F-Type has been popular? Need a source. Nintendo wants to forget the VB, not celebrate it. And I'm gonna need a source on Stanley.

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
Xenoblade didn't get a character "because it's from Monolith Soft," so this point is moot.
My pint was that you need to represent the developer a little more and have Kalas on there.

GameFreak is notoriously hard to work with, that's why.
How is that relevant and how are they hard to work with?

Third party, by technicality.
Not really second party you can't debate that one.

Technically the "next most obvious" is Snake.
I meant Newcommer and isn't snake on there already?

Why? There's virtually no chance they'd be added as DLC, and they'd just be filler on here. And F-Type has been popular? Need a source. Nintendo wants to forget the VB, not celebrate it. And I'm gonna need a source on Stanley.
He has recently on the Smashboards. I could find you the article later but, just remember reading it and have it favorited on my other computer I believe.
Read your quote my responses are in there for some reason.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
He has recently on the Smashboards. I could find you the article later but, just remember reading it and have it favorited on my other computer I believe.
Read your quote my responses are in there for some reason.
Forum popularity for an obscure character this late in the game doesn't mean much at all, if anything.

If you can't find the Stanley thing, then don't bring it up. That's a hefty claim, and without a source, it hurts your credibility.

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
Forum popularity for an obscure character this late in the game doesn't mean much at all, if anything.

If you can't find the Stanley thing, then don't bring it up. That's a hefty claim, and without a source, it hurts your credibility.
Reply to this post and I will post the Link.

Last edited:

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
thought it was Miyamoto's. Are you sure?
It literally says right in the article that it's the interviewer saying he's a favorite of his. Not even that. It was the interviewer asking Tropical Freeze's developers to add Stanley the Bugman as a playable character. That's all it was.

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
It literally says right in the article that it's the interviewer saying he's a favorite of his. Not even that. It was the interviewer asking Tropical Freeze's developers to add Stanley the Bugman as a playable character. That's all it was.
i guess I misread it.

Top Bottom