• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Barabara was also disconfirmed.

-i swear i made a post but i guess i didnt-

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
zeldainformer said:
Dr. Kawashima - The good doctor from Brain Age likes to hang out off the stage and fling numbers at the fighters. When the numbers collide and equal 10, it will cause a giant explosion. You can change the direction of the number bubbles by attacking them.
Source.

Mark this guy down for Assist Trophy. Also, somebody alert @BluePikmin11 for the conspiracy afoot.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
My laptop is basically unusable. So I can't update anything for a little while.

D

Deleted member

My laptop is basically unusable. So I can't update anything for a little while.
Oh geez. Sorry to hear that.

Anyways, to weigh in on the leak:
Despite being pretty much legitimate at this point, we are going to wait until official announcements are made before adding to the chart. Announcements such as the recently "revealed" Shulk.

To keep a list of future updates for when AEM is able to use his laptop again:
-Ghirahim disconfirmed as Assist
-Shulk confirmed
-Prof. Kawashima disconfirmed as Assist
-X Protagonist disconfirmed
-Devil Kawashima disconfirmed

The following:
Confirmations:
-Ness
-Jigglypuff
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Falco
-Ganondorf
-Dr. Mario
-Wario
-R.O.B.
-Bowser Jr.
-Duck Hunt Dog
-Dark Pit
-Each Koopaling (implied as alts)
-Alph (implied as alt)

Disconfirmations:
-Barbara
-Krystal
-Ice Climbers (implied)
-Lucas (implied)
-Snake (implied)
-Wolf (implied)

Will be left alone for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Oh geez. Sorry to hear that.

Despite being pretty much legitimate at this point, we are going to wait until official announcements are made before adding to the chart. Announcements such as the recently "revealed" Shulk.

To keep a list of future updates for when AEM is able to use his laptop again:
-Ghirahim disconfirmed as Assist
-Shulk confirmed
-Prof. Kawashima disconfirmed as Assist
-X Protagonist disconfirmed
-Devil Kawashima disconfirmed

The following:
Confirmations:
-Ness
-Jigglypuff
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Falco
-Ganondorf
-Dr. Mario
-Wario
-R.O.B.
-Bowser Jr.
-Duck Hunt Dog
-Dark Pit
-Each Koopaling (implied as alts)

Disconfirmations:
-Barbara
-Krystal
-Ice Climbers (implied)
-Lucas (implied)
-Snake (implied)
-Wolf (implied)

Will be left alone for now.
Say, I have a few questions. First, are you all actually going to update the actual chart with this info? Second, who is the X Protagonist? and Thirdly, if the Koopalings ARE confirmed to be alts., will you be making individual icons for all 7 on the chart?

D

Deleted member

Say, I have a few questions. First, are you all actually going to update the actual chart with this info? Second, who is the X Protagonist? and Thirdly, if the Koopalings ARE confirmed to be alts., will you be making individual icons for all 7 on the chart?
1. Read this again:
Only what has been officially announced/revealed will be added. .....once AEM's issues with his laptop are resolved.

2. The X Protagonist is Exactly What It Says on the Tin. It's the protagonist from Xenoblade Chronicles X (formerly known as simply "X"). The character is completely customizable from what I've heard, so there is no specifics in regards to them. However, with Shulk's inclusion, it pretty much kills any chance for the X protagonist from showing up.

3. Yes, yes AEM will. :awesome:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
1. Read this again:

Only what has been officially announced/revealed will be added. .....once AEM's issues with his laptop are resolved.

2. The X Protagonist is Exactly What It Says on the Tin. It's the protagonist from Xenoblade Chronicles X (formerly known as simply "X"). The character is completely customizable from what I've heard, so there is no specifics in regards to them. However, with Shulk's inclusion, it pretty much kills any chance for the X protagonist from showing up.

3. Yes, yes AEM will. :awesome:
Is Dark Samus going to get another slot because it is also an alt for Samus?

D

Deleted member

Welp, seeing as it's damn near impossible to ignore everything now, AEM's got some serious work to do once his laptop's up and running again since it'd be pointless to wait for official announcements.

I'm going to need some help with listing everything.

Confirmations:
-Shulk
-Ness
-Jigglypuff
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Falco
-Ganondorf
-Dr. Mario
-Wario
-R.O.B.
-Bowser Jr.
-Duck Hunt Dog
-Dark Pit
-Each Koopaling (alts)
-Alph (alt)

Assists:
-Ghirahim
-Prof. Kawashima
-Sheriff

Trophies:
-Barbara
-Krystal
-Medusa
-Wolf
-Paper Mario
-Karate Joe
-Squirtle
-Ivysaur
-Dixie Kong
-King K. Rool
-Ice Climbers
-Chorus Kids
-Mewtwo

Other:
-Devil Kawashima (Kawashima's not playable)
-X Protagonist (Shulk's playable)
-Roy (Marth has his exact color scheme as a palette swap sans red hair)
-Ninten (Stage cameo)
-Kiddy Kong (Dixie's not playable)

Limbo:
-Everything else (up for debate)

D

Deleted member

I knew I forgot someone. I remember Paper Mario being disconfirmed the same time as Wolf.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ninten is confirmed for background of Magniciant or however you pronounce it.

D

Deleted member

Ice Climbers have a trophy.
All that's left is a Lucas trophy unless Snake gets one like Rayman.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Lucas = Hope.

Even if he gets a trophy, at least he won't be like Pichu. No mention on Brawl and I didn't even like Pichu. :/

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Does a trophy mean not playable for DLC? The forbidden seven all had trophies in Brawl, plus they are not in a postion like Saria was.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
We're back in business!

And with a trophy now being a full character, it looks like we gotta go back and slate everyone deconfirmed as a trophy back at neutral status.

I'll try to help out. @ AEMehr AEMehr and @GoldenYuiitusin , ready to get this thing going again?

Edit:
Pokemon Trainer, if we have any reason to believe he can return in a form that doesn't involve transformations, would need to be unmarked.

Wonder Red, likewise, seems to be fair game once more...

...That's it? Wow, a lot less trophies mattered to us than I thought.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We should add trophy status since they're technically not in limbo yet not disconfirmed.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
We should add trophy status since they're technically not in limbo yet not disconfirmed.
I nominate yellow background for such a status.

Doesn't the fact that a character can be shown as a trophy before becoming DLC at one point imply that they technically are in a state of limbo, though? Being absent outright seems closer to that of being, well, absent rather than limbo.

D

Deleted member

Limbo is for characters whose fates are entirely unknown (i.e. nothing has been shown for them).
For trophies, their fate is at least a trophy. As Mewtwo shows, they can get a PRRRRROMOTION later on.

D

Deleted member

If Chrom isn't getting in due to being generic, what chance does Roy have?
Not only is this argument irrelevant to anything at this point in time, but Roy has something that Chrom does not. And that is a sword that ignites into flame.

He's a vet. That's enough reason to be on the chart.
Though he's pretty much a safe bet for not returning, considering
a. There's already a Roy in the game. With the "Roy's Our Boy!" cheer, even.
b. There's already a last-minute Marth clone in the game.
c. Marth's got his exact color scheme as a palette option (sans red hair).

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Not only is this argument irrelevant to anything at this point in time, but Roy has something that Chrom does not. And that is a sword that ignites into flame.

Though he's pretty much a safe bet for not returning, considering
a. There's already a Roy in the game. With the "Roy's Our Boy!" cheer, even.
b. There's already a last-minute Marth clone in the game.
c. Marth's got his exact color scheme as a palette option (sans red hair).
but hes not in the game in any way/shape/form though...

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Neither is Toon Sheik.
Should we not count her as disconfirmed based off prior logic, then?
Playing Devil's Advocate, Toon Sheik was disconfirmed based off mechanical changes to the roster, not similarities to other characters. As much as I agree with you in doubting Roy's return, nothing has really given him a deconfirmation. At least, not according to the same logic with game mechanics. I think ALBW Link is the much better example you should be using instead.

Either way, the consensus seems to be he's not irredeemably gone yet. Listing him as deconfirmed seems more trouble than it's worth with that said. Again, while I'm right with you on Roy's chances being extremely unlikely, I'm not ready to say he's 100% impossible to see as a character. Especially not with DLC confirmed, Roy's popularity still intact, and the return of other Melee veterans all adding to further incentive to not completely close the doors on him.

I doubt we'd ever have to mark the spot for playable, but until Sakurai gives an official verdict, Roy should stay unmarked.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Also, Roy Koopa's crowd cheer is "Roy Roy Roy!". Not "Roy's Our Boy!".

I also doubt Roy appearing, but he's not completely out of a shot yet.

D

Deleted member

Also, Roy Koopa's crowd cheer is "Roy Roy Roy!". Not "Roy's Our Boy!".

I also doubt Roy appearing, but he's not completely out of a shot yet.
1. I've heard the cheer for myself. It sounds more like "Roy's Our Boy!".
2. So the announcer goes "Roy! .....from Fire Emblem."?

Playing Devil's Advocate, Toon Sheik was disconfirmed based off mechanical changes to the roster, not similarities to other characters. As much as I agree with you in doubting Roy's return, nothing has really given him a deconfirmation. At least, not according to the same logic with game mechanics. I think ALBW Link is the much better example you should be using instead.
Either way, the consensus seems to be he's not irredeemably gone yet. Listing him as deconfirmed seems more trouble than it's worth with that said. Again, while I'm right with you on Roy's chances being extremely unlikely, I'm not ready to say he's 100% impossible to see as a character. Especially not with DLC confirmed, Roy's popularity still intact, and the return of other Melee veterans all adding to further incentive to not completely close the doors on him.
I doubt we'd ever have to mark the spot for playable, but until Sakurai gives an official verdict, Roy should stay unmarked.

Until you give me a valid reason why this alone doesn't kill the case for Roy, my decision is final.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
1. I've heard the cheer for myself. It sounds more like "Roy's Our Boy!".
I'm pretty sure. It's "Roy Roy Roy".
2. So the announcer goes "Roy! .....from Fire Emblem."?
Roy could become Roy Koopa.

I see no reason to mark a character out of limbo unless they have a role in the game or their entire existence depends on certain circumstances (Toon Sheik doesn't even exist, and was only included to be a Sheik clone for Toon Zelda's transformation. With transformations gone, any chance of getting the non-existent Toon Sheik died). :roypm: fits neither of these requirements and should remain in limbo.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Until you give me a valid reason why this alone doesn't kill the case for Roy, my decision is final.
"Lord Roy!"
"Roy!"
said in a different fashion, similar to the bit of curiosity in the way he says "Junior!"
Post-addition, all Koopalings changed to "____ Koopa!"

A character by any other name is just as sweet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom