• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2016 [Smash 4] Discussion about top players expectations

Caterpillor

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9928-7747
Hey, I create this topic to let you tell which Top players you think will make it to top 8, which ones will surprise and so on.

Here is a list of the good players I found registered in the brackets (they may not all attend though) :

- ZeRo (:4diddy:, :4sheik:)
- NAKAT (:4ness:, :4fox:)
- Ally (:4mario:, :4diddy:)
- Nietono (:4sheik:)
- Shaky (:4ness:)
- Tweek (:4bowserjr:, :4wario:)
- MVD (:4duckhunt:, :4diddy:)
- 6WX (:4sonic:)
- Angel Cortes (:4diddy:)
- Rain (:4sheik:, :4diddy:)
- ESAM (:4pikachu:)
- Nairo (:4zss:, :4pit::4darkpit:, :4robinf:)
- Larry Lurr (:4fox:, :4luigi:)
- Abadango (:4pacman:, :4wario:)
- Mr.R (:4sheik:)
- Dabuz (:rosalina:, :4olimar:)
- Ito (:4metaknight:)
- Dapuffster (:4miibrawl:)
- Jtails (:4diddy:)
- K9 (:4sheik:)
- NickRiddle (:4zss:, :4bowser:)
- Fow (:4ness:)
- aMSa (:4greninja:,:4pikachu:)
- False (:4sheik:, :4luigi:)
- Rich Brown (:4olimar:, :4luigi:)
- Smashgod (:4luigi:)
- 8bitman (:4rob:)
- Mr.E (:4marth:)
- John numb3rs (:4wiifit:)
- Acid (:4falcon:)
- Aerolink (:4palutena:)
- Seagull (:4sonic:)
- Chibo (:4rob:)
- Falln (:rosalina:)
- GimR (:4gaw:)
- Tearbear (:4falcon:, :4mario:)
- Fatality (:4falcon:)
- HungryBox (:4jigglypuff:)
- Max Ketchum (:4falcon:, :4mario:)
- Wizzrobe (:4sheik:)
- Master Raven (:4sheik:)
- Logic (:4olimar:, :4diddy:)
- Sparkxx (:4ness:)
- Salem (:4villager:, :4sheik:)
- Iiggy (:rosalina:)
- Jdawg (:4dedede:)
- Keitaro (:4miibrawl:)
- Zenyou (:4mario:)
- MrConcon (:4luigi:)
- Zage (:4pacman:)
- MJG (:4villager:)
- Phenom (:4fox:)
- TheReflexWonder (:4wario:)
- Ice Ninja (:4palutena:)
- Thunderstorm (:4luigi:, :4ganondorf:)
- Xero (:rosalina:)
- Llod (:4peach:)
- DK Will (DK, :4sheik:)
- Nyani (:4mario:)
- Xaltis (:rosalina:)
- Alphicans (:4littlemac:)
- Shofu (:4fox:)
- Bizzarroflame (:4ganondorf:)
- Bloodcross (:4charizard:, :4fox:)
- MacD (:4peach:?)
- Die Nasty (:4sheik:)
- Vinnie (:4sheik:)
- Kirinblaze (:4link:)
- Styles (:4megaman:, :4charizard:)
- Nyanko (:4sheik:)
- Staticmanny (:4sonic:)
- Sky (:4yoshi:)
- Zan (:4tlink:)
- Denti (:4sheik:, :4yoshi:)
- Fliphop (:4diddy:)
- Phuzix (:4sheik:)
- Void (:4sheik:)
- Day (:4lucario:)
- Chez (:4sonic:)

I may have forgotten some important players, so if you found other players or if you can see some mistakes tell me !

Last edited by a moderator:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm the best and will show this to everyone come EVO time. Toad all day.

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Who is Phenom, styles, nyanko, and ice ninja...? MacD/Bizarroflame in smash 4 as a threat LOL. You must be kidding.

Your list has such random players in it. Your list has top, high, mid, and low level players. I could literally break it down by player.

:018:

Last edited:

Caterpillor

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9928-7747
Never said all have potential to be top 32.
Forgot to withdraw some Melee players but Bizarroflame is not that bad at Sm4sh ^^

This list is to give a quick overview of who you can expect at EVO and of course they're not all top players.

I recall Phenom being a good Fox. Styles has very nice Mega Man and Zard, so I wanted to give some rep for those characters. Didn't see much of Nyanko but he's a good Japanese Sheik and Ice Ninja is to give another good rep for Holy Palutena.

My favorites for top 8 would be : ZeRo, Dabuz, Rain, Nairo, ESAM, Mr.R, Ally and Dapuffster

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Who is Phenom, styles, nyanko, and ice ninja...? MacD/Bizarroflame in smash 4 as a threat LOL. You must be kidding.

Your list has such random players in it. Your list has top, high, mid, and low level players. I could literally break it down by player.

:018:
Well, to note a few of those players you listed...
  • Phenom is a Fox player from the TX region if I'm correct. He's appeared on the Shockwave Series a few times (a weekly in Texas) and is decent.
  • Ice Ninja is from Canada. Palutena player if I recall correctly.
  • Styles I'm guessing is StylesX2, a Mega Man. Pretty popular on YT, from what I know.
There's quite a few players I'd guess are being slept on, since not every single region makes the effort to have their scene known on the internet. And given that this is EVO, there's a lot of things going on.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
EVO is going to be a gong show. I mean that in mostly a good sense because there are so many areas and regions that carry a lot of dark horses.

That's why when I looked at my pool, I recognized no-one but they probably don't recognize me either. A lot of hidden bosses out there and there's absolutely zero room to mess around, be it with new characters to test out or customs you have no idea how they work, etc.

I expect upsets everywhere from all sorts of regions, while obviously there's going to be some expected results still anyways.

Last edited:

Tempus

Smash Cadet
I don't think Alphicans will make top 32. Once he gets out of pools, he needs to fight Amsa immediately. If he wins, he probably needs to go through Wizzrobe and Dabuz. If he loses, he probably needs to go through StaticManny, Jtails, and an Amsa runback. And that's assuming no dark horses appear in that 1/16th of the bracket. Given his performance at the Pacific Northwest, I think his best likely result is probably top 64, if things go really well.

As for top picks, I think it's impossible to call. So many changes lately - so many players showing great results that could get to top 16 or top eight if they just have a good day or a good pool. I feel confident we'll see Zero, Dabuz, Nairo, and Rain... but even a small slip could send one of those guys out of the top.

Top Bottom