• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR - Road to Apex - Final Bracket POSTED!!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

ALL IS BRAWL LINK: CLICK I AM ATTENDING!!

Time for my first National tournament! Super KTAR aka SKTAR!

90 Leonardine Ave
South River, NJ

From New York City
From MD/VA
From MA/NE
From Philly PA

Saturday
Sign-ups: 10:00 am to Noon:
Doubles starts: 12:00 pm.
Singles pools starts: near the end of doubles, about 4:30
Side Event??: 8:00pm

Sunday
Freeplay: 1pm to 2pm
Singles Bracket: 2pm

Signups for all events (except singles) will continue until 10 minutes before the event starts.

Singles signups will end at 3:00.

Venue fee = $35
Singles = $10
Doubles = $10 per person ($20 per team)
Side Event = ?

$3 dollars off venue fee for bringing a TV!!
$2 dollars off venue fee for bringing a WII!!

Heavy Garbage's Mother will be selling food here. I'm not talking about twix and ****, I'm talking about meat!! Along with drinks, candy, ....and twix.

1st: 45%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
7th: 2.5

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%

Conduct Rules
Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.

The M2K Rule - By entering the tournament you agree to play your matches on the setup requested by a TO whether it be a stream, recording, or non-recording setup

BYOC (Bring your own controller)

Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.

Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation is not allowed and punishable by the TO.

No subbing is allowed for singles or doubles.

Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue

Determining Controller Ports/Stage Strike
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

[*]* NO REFUNDS ONCE THE BRACKETS ARE MADE FOR AN EVENT.
[/LIST]

Starters | Counterpicks
Battlefield|
Final Destination|
Smashville|

Starters | Counterpicks
Battlefield|Battleship Halberd
Smashville|Frigate Orpheon
Final Destination|Castle Seige
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)|Pokémon Stadium 1
Delphino Plaza|

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complaints!

Glutonny!!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it3aIdIhwFo

M@v

Subarashii!
First.

Hype it up.

I ain't even mad the Jersey devil's legal.

You sure the venue is going to be big enough? Its been fine for regular ktars, but a national?

Keitaro

For starters I'm going to have this tournament be only Brawl, at least on Saturday so all setups and space will be used for Brawl. If interest shows to be on some godly level I will likely attain another venue. I have a couple others for backup that are both larger and smaller.

TSM ZeRo

Sktar!! :)

I would love to come (But I am broke and with bills! Ha!), the Smashers from NJ are so cool and good! :)

I wanna see how Jason would perform with this ruleset! And also if any Olimar/Ice Climbers players would place higher cause of the stagelist. Hmmm! We'll see!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ofc I'll be there, going to be great.

But I found the jabs at Unity and Inui to be pretty tasteless in the video, and the end clip was funny but meh.

Keitaro

^ :p

I HAD to put that joke in, the words of the vid were just calling for it. No harm meant, URC is attempting to do great things for the smash community, you and I both know that.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Work out hosts/co-hosts/commentators early. List them when you do so people know. I don't want people getting butt hurt for people helping you that others don't like.

Keitaro

Work out hosts/co-hosts/commentators early. List them when you do so people know. I don't want people getting butt hurt for people helping you that others don't like.
Thanks for the heads up. Ill get that sorted out asap.

Brisinger581

Smash Cadet
man I don't know if I can spring two weekends off in the same month. Guess we will have to find out.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
"He is always willing to face the evil that so many choose to ignore"
-quote from Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi

Good stuff Keitaro. Is this tourney gonna be free for girlfriends like your other tourneys!?

zmx

Smash Lord
Can someone clarify how what stages a standard Japanese tournament uses?

I keep hearing different things. Apparently according to some they use more than 3 stages (delfino is legal for instance).

I really like this MK legal, 3 stage list ruleset though.

LLDL

Smash Hero
If I turn out to be any good at brawl I might stop by.

:D

M@v

Subarashii!
I've heard there's supposed to be a MW national this weekend too. Would there be any way this could move so both can be held?

Keitaro

Well balls, Omega's was going to be July 13-14.

Welp.
I've heard there's supposed to be a MW national this weekend too. Would there be any way this could move so both can be held?
:( I already had to change my date a couple times until I finally found a date that it didn't seem like anyone was using and decided to choose it. Sorry if it conflicts with Omega, I didn't see any tournies in North America for this date so I picked it. Maybe you can get a date change if possible? If so I'd suggest the week after this.

might reach with other toronto bros, who can we talk to bout housing?
For my last tournament I housed people in 4 hotel suites. I charged each person $10 for two nights aka $5 a night and people seemed to have a blast so I might do it again. Some liked the hotel experience more than the tourney itself 0_o

But don't worry, there will be some free housing or cheap hoteling for sure.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Just because EVO is in July, doesnt mean everyone else should be making ALL of their nationals in july too. there are 3 months in summer you know...

Keitaro

That's true, but August is also National heavy (Whobo, SRT) and June has Impulse and another big tourney soon to be announced. I knew about almost all the tournies planned, except for Yink's :/

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
That's my fault anyway don't worry about it Keit. Just host yours and it'll be fine. I'll either move my date if possible or not host.

Keitaro

Pittsburgh or MW drivers help this guy out if you're coming:

Kazi said:
Yoooo keit, I'm tryna attend SKTAR do you know anyone that would carpool me from pittsburgh, I'm a fellow falco player as well if u dnt know me. For some reason after every tourney I go to I improve at a very fast rate at my first tourney I placed 17th, then at my 2nd tourney I placed 9th so I'm trying to see how I would place at a stacked tourney :D but plz keep me informed bcuz I'm rly tryna attend, I've never attended ur ktars and they seem fun on stream so I would love to be at one. ;)
I'll probably go regardless, but will there be Melee?
Not 100% on it but most likely there will be.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'm not going to be able to make it. I would have, if it wasn't for the fact that this was on the same date that Yink's tourney was going to be on it.

And if Yink's tourney is gone, I guess that means I'm not going to anything at all this summer. Bummer.

Top Bottom