• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skrach & Noob Testament present N.O.O.B. 3

skrach8

Smash Lord
N.O.O.B. 3- No One Owns Better

January 15, 2011

University of Central Florida
Building 52 Pegasus Circle, Orlando, Florida 32826
Sand Key (Room 220)

Directions to the Visitor and Parking Information Center:

From University Blvd. turn right onto Gemini. Turn right on Central Florida Blvd. The Visitor and Parking Information Center is located on the left at Central Florida Blvd. and Andromeda.

From S.R. 50 travel North of Alafaya Trail turn right on Central Florida Blvd., turn right on to Andromeda Dr., the Visitor and Parking Information Center is on the right.

From Libra Drive travel North to Gemini Blvd. turn left at the traffic light by the water tower. Travel along Gemini Blvd. to Andromeda. Turn left. The Visitor and Parking Information Center is located on the right at Andromeda and Central Florida Blvd.

From North Orion turn left onto Gemini Blvd. Follow Visitor and Parking Information Center signs to Andromeda, Turn left on Andromeda. The Visitor and Parking Information Center will be on the right.

Phone: (347) 724-1128

Fees:
Door fee- $5
Singles- $10
Doubles- $10

Pre-Mission Statement
Creating HYPE. GET YOUR NAMES IN THIS THREAD.

Rules

General
All matches will be 4 stock matches, with a time limit set to 8 minutes.
All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the finals which are best out of 5.
Items are OFF.
If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
Wobbling is legal
You will be disqualified if you use any freezing glitches, such as the Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo's Soul Stunner.
Any non-first party controllers must be inspected by an official before use.
Performance altering controller modifications are not allowed.
Stalling a match is not allowed (such as wall-jumping under Battlefield), but recovery tactics such as Peach's Wall-Bombing, and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed.
Dave's Modified Stupid Rule will be in effect. No player may pick a stage he's won on during one set.
Pausing during a match will result in a loss of one stock during the match being played.

Neutrals 1v1:
FD
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:
FD
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser choses ban before next match.
One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.

The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of this ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.

Attendance
1. Skrach
2. Ballistics
3. Zoro
4. LadyLegion*
5. blindghost
6. Moses
7. Dark Sonic
8. SheerMadness
9. Blea Gelo
10. nicaboy
11. MarsFool!
12. Seibrik
13. Linguini
14. hungrybox
15. Scidadle*
16. AceDudeyeah
17. Col Bol
18. Pengie
19. shounenkel*
20. bladeofapollo
21. RockCrock
22. DaShizWiz
23. Kishiru
24. Rekrul
25. RedHalbred*
26. Proteus
27. Zone
28. SmashMac
29. 3
30. Pluplue
31. KuyaSombreo
32. Anomic_Punk
33. SlimNasty
34. Trikome
35. Tropical Taco
36. Spidersense
37. yummynbeefy
38. Gatzhu
39. GreenMario
40. Mankosuki

Setups
1. TV- Skrach/Wii- Rekrul
2. TV/Cube- Apollo & co.
3. TV/Cube- Apollo & co.
4. TV/Cube- Zone
5. TV/Cube- Dark Sonic
6. TV/Cube- Moses
7. TV- Moses
8. TV/Cube- RockCrock
9. TV/Cube- Toobz
10. TV/Cube- SlimNasty
11. Recording Setup- Ballistics

*If you bring a setup, I will waive the door fee. You MUST PM me. Extra setups will do no good.

I am looking for recording setups. If we had at least two setups, we could get a lot of matches recorded, thus giving me the ability to make a hype video for a potential NOOB 4. PM me if you interested in the details, there are incentives!

If you have a money match, send me a PM so I can make it official. I will reserve a spot for you on the recorded tvs, as well as post it on the thread starter.

HYPE!

Zone

Smash Champion
I'll see if I can't bring a car full of NFL with me. No promises though. If it ends up being only me that wants to go I'm gonna bail. 6hour driving solo is so boring.

Pengie

Smash Lord
This should/will also be included in the new edition of the Melee FL Power Rankings. Be there.

Anyone can be on the list! Starting from skrach!
Icwutudidther

Aaaaaaaanywaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy HYPE!!! NOOB 1 and 2 were two of the best tournaments in Central Florida and this one should be no exception!!!

skrach8

Smash Lord
hahah nicely done.

I <3 puns.

New topic:

Payouts, what would you guys like?

Discuss

P.S.

I want a money match with the following
Hbox
Colbol
Plup

P.S.S. If you have a recording setup, I will put you on as a TO and pay you for your services. This is a job and you have to complete tasks. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Zone

Smash Champion
I guess I could try to come :D,

Although only if I get a carload of NFL. I'm not driving that far alone.

skrach8

Smash Lord
zone, this tourny is 2 months away. It would be an honor to have NFL down here for a tourny.

Rohins and his goons will be coming in full force.

I havent seen so much interest/hype in a long time.

Slightly turned on....

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I havent seen so much interest/hype in a long time.
In all honesty, your name and your presence on the ATL South boards brings hype because we all know that you're one hell of a TO.

Skrach too good

I also plan to make this and hopefully with some training with WATO, I'll be able to compete well at this.

skrach8

Smash Lord
I appreciate that D-Torr. If what you say is true, then I should see everyone out there. It's all about the people.

That said, if people come out, it's going to be a good tournament. Inevitable. The various and numerous personalities that will be in attendance will make for a good time.

I'm trying to cut a deal with one of the local pizza shops.... see if I can't feed you guys/girls.

So this is a brief on the stages of how the tournament is going to go:
1. Create major hype through thread conversations, smashfests, training sessions. etc.
2. Arrive at the tournament doors on time.
3. Setup tvs, cubes/wii's, recording setups.
4. Take entry fees.
5. Play awesome warm up friendlies.
6. Doubles
7. Lunch Break/Watch hyped money matches.
8. Singles
9. Post tourny hype
10. Denny's

Need I go any further? Yes.

Revel in what is Melee, good times, and knowledge gained.

GET AT FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. First post updated.

Pengie

Smash Lord
I'd just like to point out that the Denny's trip after NOOB1 was one of the greatest experiences ever.

Top Bottom