• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SJS CSPs!

SJS

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSamus

Instruction Manual
Portraits are hosted on Dropbox. If you're unfamiliar with Dropbox, here is a short guide on downloading images.

Brawl CSP Pack | PM CSP Pack (Coming Soon!)

Click an image to be taken to a character's Dropbox gallery containing all available portraits.

Last edited:

210stuna

Smash Lord
The week after I searched high and low through your main thread and even the individual character files on said thread.

Everything is okay now, thank you SJS.

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I also dislike those color bars and caution icons from the portrait. They take away from observing and appreciating the CSPs. For the caution signs, why not just have a statement like "Use of multiple characters with custom costumes may slow down your game" included in the download section?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Yeah I also dislike those color bars and caution icons from the portrait. They take away from observing and appreciating the CSPs. For the caution signs, why not just have a statement like "Use of multiple characters with custom costumes may slow down your game" included in the download section?
People are forgetful. I like the option of having them as well as the option for not.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
People are forgetful. I like the option of having them as well as the option for not.
And that's why we mod in the first place, to give people options! (At least that's why I mod :p )

D

Deleted member

Wow that's super cool! :bee:
Now the Mega versions of Mewtwo and Charizard i added don't match with the rest though :laugh:

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Just had a go at Classic Mode for the first time, and I gotta say those VS portraits look absolutely beuatiful. Don't seem to be a rough edge on these at all so nice one!

These CSP's are awesome! They really freshen things up, and they're a joy to look at everytime I boot up the game! Great Job, SJS!

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed your download included edits for pf > menu > intro > enter

What does this edit?

D

Deleted member

His Brawl taunt uses the executioner's sword from twilight Princess that he pulled from his chest and appears to be made of light . Not the sword in the CSP.
Yeah it's a hack, even though i wasn't able to find it anywhere, there is one on brawlvault but it doesn't work :ohwell:

SJS

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSamus
Have I ever told you how much I love you SJS?
Not enough ;D

Wow that's super cool! :bee:
Now the Mega versions of Mewtwo and Charizard i added don't match with the rest though :laugh:
Maybe they will soon.

Just had a go at Classic Mode for the first time, and I gotta say those VS portraits look absolutely beuatiful. Don't seem to be a rough edge on these at all so nice one!
Thanks! Currently looking into a way to improve the Classic Mode portraits a bit.

Excuse me may i ask what sword is this? ->
I just stole it from the Darknut trophy. No idea if there's a working PSA of it.

These CSP's are awesome! They really freshen things up, and they're a joy to look at everytime I boot up the game! Great Job, SJS!
Glad you (and everyone else!) enjoy using them. Because I certainly enjoy making them.

I've noticed your download included edits for pf > menu > intro > enter

What does this edit?
Try having a go at Classic Mode!

Any chance of this being updated without character names under the icons?
Not really. The icons were adjusted to accommodate the space taken up by the name. It would look pretty bad without them.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
I gotta say, at first I didn't like the csp, but now I love them.

Just one thing, Either I'm going crazy, or did I just notice that Zelda does not have blue aura coming out of her hands in the character selection screen like she does in the victory results screen?

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord

Just one thing, Either I'm going crazy, or did I just notice that Zelda does not have blue aura coming out of her hands in the character selection screen like she does in the victory results screen?
You noticed correctly... and that... is a Brawl issue. The format of the CSP's on the CSS make that super sexy added effect look super... not good. You could change the format of them with BrawlBox... but that increases space and could potentially cause your Wii to banshee shriek at you upon loading the CSS... And ain't nobody gaht time fuh dat.

Also I've noticed a few slots are backwards. At least on the no color bar version. Don't know about the version with the color bar.

Mewtwo's Green and Red CSP's, BP's, and Result Portraits are backwards. So it shows green for red and red for green.
Same with Squirtle and Roy
Charizard's Green and Blue slots are backwards as well

Just a heads up so you can fix them if/whenever you get a chance. I've already fixed them for myself. If you'd like me to post it here, I can.

wwfbrawler781

Smash Rookie
NNID
wwfbrawler781
3DS FC
4356-0952-3106
You noticed correctly... and that... is a Brawl issue. The format of the CSP's on the CSS make that super sexy added effect look super... not good. You could change the format of them with BrawlBox... but that increases space and could potentially cause your Wii to banshee shriek at you upon loading the CSS... And ain't nobody gaht time fuh dat.

Also I've noticed a few slots are backwards. At least on the no color bar version. Don't know about the version with the color bar.

Mewtwo's Green and Red CSP's, BP's, and Result Portraits are backwards. So it shows green for red and red for green.

Just a heads up so you can fix them if/whenever you get a chance. I've already fixed them for myself. If you'd like me to post it here, I can.
Could you? That would be pretty cool.

Also, will these work with 3.01 without changing anything important?

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Saw this on the SmashWiki and I was impressed; these look very professional and clean.

I'll keep an eye on this and put it in my custom build.

SJS

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSamus

CMPR and transparency don't get along well. The aura will be back in my 3.02 CSP pack though.

Are you using 3.1/3.2? Some of the colors got swapped around since 3.0.

Could you? That would be pretty cool.

Also, will these work with 3.01 without changing anything important?
Some costumes will be mixed up. My 3.02 CSP pack will be done soon though and I'll post here when it is.

Saw this on the SmashWiki and I was impressed; these look very professional and clean.

I'll keep an eye on this and put it in my custom build.
SmashWiki? Dunno what you mean by that, but I appreciate the complements nonetheless!

Edit: 3.02 pack is done. Redownload if you need.

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yeah they swapped Mewtwo and Roy's red and green team slots so that they don't conflict with Marth and Lucario.
Ooooooooooooooh. That makes perfect sense. I'm guessing they switched Squirtle's Red and Green slots and Charizard's Blue and Green spots for the same reason then... Nifty little trick.

Top Bottom