• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silent Wolf and Lovage Present: Revolution [Scene Transcript in 2nd Post]

strawhats

Smash Master
I lost my will to be technical with Fox after watching that ****.

YOU BOTH **** TOO HARD.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I don't really know how to dickride as hard as is necessary in the face of a video this epic, so I won't even try. Good ****

the taunts have to be in there, its the traditional way of showing you completed the routine, plus they **** for syncing and make up for parts when part of the rest of the clip dont sync. plus you can cut them out accordingly to sync the next clip.

thanks everybody =)

pandacheck

Smash Ace
These videos make me not wanna even pick up my controller, first and last time i even played Silent Wolf it was more of a tech skill vid than a combo vid lol gg

TheLake

Smash Master
I got to :46 and i had to stop

I was losing my breath

and i had to watch this thing with my pacemaker on (which i didnt need before watching the video) and my phone with 911 on speed dial held close.

I had to pace myself

to watch a smash video

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
ultimascout texted me 15 minutes before i woke up to tell me about this

kaostar is right

the ONLY way to rate this vid is with improper fractions

AXE 09

Smash Master
In my opinion, there is too much taunting. I know it's a symbol of "heck yeah! I did it!" but while watching the video, it gets pretty redundant. IMO I think you should've done more of what you did at 3:12 and 3:30 (just the fade without a taunt) or at least fade out at the beginning of the taunt. But honestly, I guess the taunting doesn't matter too much because the entire video was so freakishly fast and blinding that no one should really care lol. I still give this video a 100/10

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
congrats on getting into the broom, jeff
not that it means much

since ****ing mango can't get in LOL

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
So guys, since you are throwing out tech skill video to the left and the right by now, how do you practice tech skill? I've been trying different ways of improving, and indeed I am, but I'm looking for ways to speed up the progress. How do you practice? At which times during the day? For how long periods do you practice, etc?

Basically, I wanna be like you. How do I shoop whoop?

I forgot to say, however it goes without saying, this is amazing.

In my opinion, there is too much taunting. I know it's a symbol of "heck yeah! I did it!" but while watching the video, it gets pretty redundant. IMO I think you should've done more of what you did at 3:12 and 3:30 (just the fade without a taunt) or at least fade out at the beginning of the taunt. But honestly, I guess the taunting doesn't matter too much because the entire video was so freakishly fast and blinding that no one should really care lol. I still give this video a 100/10
like i said, the taunts are good because:

-they usually sync well

-i can cut them how i want to get the next clip to sync well, didnt have to do that very much.

-they show we did what we were trying to do.

-theyre not that bad really lol. at least they give you a break to be ready for the next clip.

So guys, since you are throwing out tech skill video to the left and the right by now, how do you practice tech skill? I've been trying different ways of improving, and indeed I am, but I'm looking for ways to speed up the progress. How do you practice? At which times during the day? For how long periods do you practice, etc?

Basically, I wanna be like you. How do I shoop whoop?

I forgot to say, however it goes without saying, this is amazing.
Playing vs level 1 computers and practicing whatever it is youre trying to learn with a human characters standing there or use the name entry glitch to be alone. if youre messing something up look at how youre doing it and figure out which part youre messing up on, and focus on getting that right. make sure youre pressing the buttons in the right order. start out slower. if its more than one thing in a technique practice parts of it first. make sure youre used to all necessary transitions from tech to tech, if you notice you have trouble doing one thing into another, practice doing that one thing into another instead of each one separately. practice a lot. practice in between stocks while fighting people.

Lovage

Smash Hero
oh yeah check out the scene transcript in the 2nd post if you have any questions about what we did, it should all be there

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Scene transcript

Fox @ FD on Samus
Dash, Turnaround JC shine out of initial dash waveshine x4, wavedash off bair.

could you please explain this.. as I am not an enlightened tech skill master I apparently erroneously thought that there was some sort of hitstun lag when turnaround waveshining when your actually hitting someone, cause I can waveshine and turnaround waveshine, but when I hit somone with a shine and try and turnaround the same way I normally do it doesn't input the jump, it seems like I have to wait for a split second before jumping after turning when I shine someone.

so are you turning right before you shine or something weird like that, or do I just suck balls at turnaround waveshining.

could you please explain this.. as I am not an enlightened tech skill master I apparently erroneously thought that there was some sort of hitstun lag when turnaround waveshining when your actually hitting someone, cause I can waveshine and turnaround waveshine, but when I hit somone with a shine and try and turnaround the same way I normally do it doesn't input the jump, it seems like I have to wait for a split second before jumping after turning when I shine someone.

so are you turning right before you shine or something weird like that, or do I just suck balls at turnaround waveshining.
likely both lol.

there is hitlag, it helps if you start to turn around on the first frame the shine comes out.

Pengie

Smash Lord
Looks like I'll have to step up my tech skill now, otherwise I won't look impressive any more :laugh:

Great video, guys

CloneHat

Smash Champion
someone should do the intro of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUoenVXB4b0

for some of our clips

that would be cool :)
You'd need to send the original video. The YT framerate is too slow; there wouldn't be enough frames to edit corresponding button presses into. Standard video is already 29.97 fps, so recording more than 60 button presses per second wouldn't be easy.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
taunts are a good breather, if it had been too nonstop i probably wouldnt have been able to pay attention the whole time

lovage that utilt at 3:20 was SICK

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Fox @ AR Test stage
MoonwalkDash onto slippery ****, dash backwards, shorthop edgecancel illusion waveland. Shorthop edgecancel dair to bair. Fulljump walljump to walljump to doublejump walljump to shortened illusion edgecancel. Fadeback walljump, double laser. Shine turnaround wavedash x3 uair. Dash fulljump reverse double laser to laser. Turnaround waveshine. Taunt

One of my favorite clips, Id never seen this stage b4.

shanus

Smash Hero
just saw this today. Made my morning for sure, well done.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Playing vs level 1 computers and practicing whatever it is youre trying to learn with a human characters standing there or use the name entry glitch to be alone. if youre messing something up look at how youre doing it and figure out which part youre messing up on, and focus on getting that right. make sure youre pressing the buttons in the right order. start out slower. if its more than one thing in a technique practice parts of it first. make sure youre used to all necessary transitions from tech to tech, if you notice you have trouble doing one thing into another, practice doing that one thing into another instead of each one separately. practice a lot. practice in between stocks while fighting people.
I'll practice more in between stocks from now on, maximize time spent ftw =)

Thanks for your reply Silent Wolf. Might I ask for a second input from Lovage as well? Even though I'm a fox main, your ways of practicing shouldn't differ much since practice is always practice. Care to give me some pointers as well Lovage?

Thanks on beforehand.

Top Bottom