• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Side-b to dair vs peach

hororscope

Smash Rookie
Basically a ken combo with the first hit of dancing blade instead of fair. I have been using this a lot lately in the peach matchup. It is a great way to take a stock around that 100% range where your only other option for taking the stock is getting a tipper fsmash. Surprised this isn't used more often.

I put together a quick little video showing it in use.

This is one of those improvisation things I expect to happen on a whim rather than a planned option. Its sort of like using a Jab on many characters. It generally relies upon your opponent messing up and not doing something that cause this to work. Many characters can usually do something that can end up messing this up. Most of the time it involves Nair, air dodge, or jumping.

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
Basically a ken combo with the first hit of dancing blade instead of fair. I have been using this a lot lately in the peach matchup. It is a great way to take a stock around that 100% range where your only other option for taking the stock is getting a tipper fsmash. Surprised this isn't used more often.

I put together a quick little video showing it in use.

oh and the ken combo is a foward air then a spike this would just be a spike so basically this is just telling people the swords dance sends peach in the air at 138% this could also work with down air up tilt a foward tilt (away from the ledge) and F smash but thats gotta be at like 40% with tipper

Icyo

Smash Ace
It looks like the Peach is DI'ing in so I only assume it works in that case. It also looks like she can probably get out of it with an air dodge tomorrow but I'll lab it out tomorrow to see when it would work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom