• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Showdown in Downtown 15: IMPULSE 2013 prep - April 13th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario

Tin Man

Smash Hero
15: IMPULSE 2013 prep
@
Hosted by:
Address: 702a Spadina Avenue
Main Intersection: Bloor & Spadina
Where: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Date: Saturday, April 13th, 2013
Prices
Venue fee: $10​
Brawl Singles: $10​
Brawl Doubles: $20​
Side Event: $5​
Payouts:
Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles
1st place: 60%​
2nd place: 30%​
3rd place: 10%​
Super Smash Bros Brawl Doubles
Side Event
*Payouts are subject to change.*​
Schedule:
12 pm - 9 pm​
12:00 pm: Registration Begins​
12:45 pm: Registration Closes​
1:00 pm: Doubles Begin​
1:00 pm: Side event Begins​
3:00 pm: Singles Begin (usually pools)​
5:00 pm: Singles bracket begins (if there are pools)​
*scheduled times are approximate*​
Food:
A&C sells water, Coke, Nestea, and Canada Dry for $1​
There is a Pizza Pizza nearby, north of the venue at the main intersection of Spadina & Bloor. There's a Lick's not even a minute's walk north of the venue, and if you walk south to Harbord st. there's a couple of independent pizza places (Cora and Papa Ceo) and a B.B. Ques. The intersection with Pizza Pizza also has a tim horton's and a second cup.​
Directions:
The venue is just 1 stop south of Spadina subway station. Refer to the map below to find the quickest route for you. Keep in mind this is at A&C World and NOT A&C Games. They are 2 doors apart.
[collapse=TTC Subway Map]
[/collapse]​
Brawl Rules
General Rules:
No illegal substances, no alcohol, no green.​
Don't smell, please shower​
Tournament matches have priority over friendlies. MMs have priority over friendlies​
Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face​
(Hacked Recording) Wii + Brawl:
[GDLK] Tin Man (x1)​
Total (Hacked Recording) Wii + Brawl count = 1 (1)​
Wii + Brawl:
A&C World (x3)​
Total Wii + Brawl count = 3 (3)​
TV's:
A&C World (Enough)​
Total TV count = Enough​
Extension Cords/Power Bars:
A&C World (Enough)​
Attendance List:
1. [GDLK] Tin Man [Host]​
Attendance count = 1 (1)​
+ people confirming on Facebook!​

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
What will the side event be this time? Project M again or Low tiers or something else?

I liked when we did Stamina + Random + 1.5 damage ratio

May be able to come, not sure yet

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
If I can, i'll watch on stream.

Why couldn't I catch you guys at SiD 14? Were you not on the livestream side-bar or something? :(

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
C.Falcon only side event.
As I said before, this is preparation for Impulse, we should have something that's...actually included as an Impulse event, all the while pulling in enough ppl to join the side event to make it worth-while. Even though C.Falcon only would probably be the best thing ever.

Impulse has 64, Melee, PM, and PSA. I think it's safe to say we should choose from those 4. I also think it's safe to say that hardly anyone in our smash scene has any sort of competitive interest in PSA (Outside of Tinman).

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Just a reminder that since our region finally has someone to upload the vids from our tournaments (Blacktwins), he's gonna be able to upload everything he gets from this tournament.

So, to any new attendants/anyone looking to improve/anyone who wants their videos uploaded, since there's always the possibility that you might not get very much time on stream...
SAVE ALL YOUR REPLAYS. PREFERRABLY ON YOUR OWN WII/SD CARD
Any replays saved can be emailed to Blacktwins after the tourney and then he'll record and upload them to youtube.com/CanadaBrawl, and rewatching your games is one of the best ways to improve. If you end up playing on somebody else's Wii, you can always save the replays to that and then copy them onto your SD card once your set is over.

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
^ ty v115 for the post. just to add i will also upload mm's (that aren't past Bo7)
< email = aarongv@rogers.com
list of potential mm's
ally: :falcon: vs :lucas: / :mario64:
V115: :zerosuitsamus: dittos/ ness dittos
Holy: :mario64: dittos/ :lucas: vs :mario64:
Meek: :metaknight: dittos/ :Falcon: vs :mario: / :lucas:
Stroumbert: :mario64: / :lucas: vs :falcon:
Morks: Duelist

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Can't watch for the beginning (starts rediculously early my time) but i'll be waking up early tomorrow for other reasons so i'll try to watch what I can peeps. ^_^

Top Bottom