• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield Pressure

Liam_Butler

Smash Apprentice
So, recently at a tournament, I was Falcomaster'd by a scrub. It sucks, but I deal with it. One thing I've been struggling with is escaping shield pressure against spacies, so I decided to present my ideas and see what others think.

Laser pressure
Wavedash, take the hit, continue in with other climber?
Shield (duh)

Shine aerial (Spacies)
Roll
Wavedash out of shield
I've seen Nintendude do this, but he'll jump OoS and uair or back air.
(When the opponent mis-spaces/misses l-cancel) Shield grab (Don't do often

What are other ways ICs can escape shield pressure? And if anyone has micro situations that they know about that they know how to escape shield pressure, I'd like to know.

derdian

Smash Cadet
You are normally just screwed if you start getting shield pressured by a competent spacie, ic's should really just try to avoid the situation as a whole even more than other characters, your best option 90% of the time will just be to roll away. Wavedash out of shield is the second best option if u can find holes in their pressure (you will get hit otherwise). Aerials are risky and can give you a huge reward but should only be used if you think you are safe to jump out of shield (aka almost never).

Anyways one situation you should look at very closely is when fox is poking you with shines. One of the most popular things fox does is to jump on top of ic's shield, shine mid air, then double jump away or to a platform. This is super safe on block and if fox hits the shine he gets a huge punish. However if you notice the fox doing this constantly you can hard read full hop up-air out of shield and it will be a guaranteed huge punish on fox. So keep an eye out for that situation.

GuiseSmash

Smash Rookie
Maybe up b OoS and come out with an aerial could work? Be careful because this could be very dangerous to do, but it is an idea.

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
So, recently at a tournament, I was Falcomaster'd by a scrub. It sucks, but I deal with it. One thing I've been struggling with is escaping shield pressure against spacies, so I decided to present my ideas and see what others think.

Laser pressure
Wavedash, take the hit, continue in with other climber?
Shield (duh)

Shine aerial (Spacies)
Roll
Wavedash out of shield
I've seen Nintendude do this, but he'll jump OoS and uair or back air.
(When the opponent mis-spaces/misses l-cancel) Shield grab (Don't do often

What are other ways ICs can escape shield pressure? And if anyone has micro situations that they know about that they know how to escape shield pressure, I'd like to know.
if lasers I like to throw ice blocks and force the jump which I can catch w/ up airs. or I can throw a sync'd blizzard jumpin and if I get hit w/ the laser nana still blizzards which makes it safe for me to approach and potentiall get a grab

Top Bottom