• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHFFL

Thomdore

Smash Cadet
Is SHFFL something you should concentrate on as a Luigi main? I feel like you either do two air attacks an L-cancel or WL after one. Should I focus on learning it anyway?

Last edited:

TobiasXK

Smash Ace
yes, shawls and double aerials both require sh -> early aerial. and you need to mix in delayed or late aerials as well as mixing up fastfall timings to avoid predictability. plus, early and late aerials connect in different ways and serve different purposes.

Mr. S

Smash Apprentice
Luigi's SHFFL is pretty slow, so I don't see it being all that great other than maybe SHFFL nair, but even then it's not that fantastic. SHFFLing is something you should learn to do, but all in all I don't think it sees all that much use with Luigi.

@rdb

Smash Rookie
You can also practice SHFF wavelands. They are pretty doable with Bair and Dair.

Sayori

Smash Rookie
Anyone tried an early nair into up b yet if you're close enough? Will mess around with it a little tonight

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Anyone tried an early nair into up b yet if you're close enough? Will mess around with it a little tonight
Late Nair -> UpB is a staple finisher on a lot of characters.

Last edited:

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Cool, thanks! Didn't know that yet.
On fastfallers it's more a style thing, as a dair / fair is usually a better option and it can be somewhat difficult to land. But you can sneak early kills on Peach, Puff, and Samus and other midweight/floaty characters.

Last edited:

Loo E. Gee

Smash Rookie
I personally really like to perform aerial and waveland back, but I do find myself performing 2 with an L cancel quite commonly, as it seems to be aggressive and efficient, whereas wavelanding back is a safer option.

As for SHFFL in general, I use it alot in my Luigi play, but find what works for your playstyle.

Top Bottom