• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae Smash Teaser?

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Earlier today, Wayforward’s Creative Director, Matt Bozon, Tweeted out something quite interesting. After the announcement of the Smash Ballot, several indie developers, including WayForward, pushed for fans to vote their characters into Smash 4. WayForward even showed off some possible alts for Shantae in Smash as part of their lighthearted campaign.

So when Mr. Bozon Tweeted this out today, it came as quite a good omen for Shantae supporters. While the first half of the Tweet is just Mr. Bozon expressing his excitement, the second half of the Tweet could be news for the Smash Fandom. Could Matt’s Tweet mean that everyone’s favorite genie hero is coming to Smash? Or is this just Mr. Bozon’s way of getting people voting for Shantae? You decide based off the tweet below!

Shantae is one of my most supported DLC characters, so hit me up @ Marthmario Marthmario to talk about everything Shantae!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
Warning Received
1st comment and Also every 1 who comments below, mains diddy kong

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Bleh.....I guess I'm supposed to be excited?

I hope other characters get in if she gets in. Since Konami is kill, at least bring back Wolf? Or more information about the Ryu data. :3

It's probably just to increase Shantae's odds, gain support, or warm Nintendo up to the idea.

She's certainly likely for DLC, but I wouldn't read too much into this.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'd say that including Shantae in Sm4sh is a good WayForward for the Smash Bros. series.

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
Even though I REALLY want Shantae, it doesn't make a lot of sense that she would get in considering her competition. APPARENTLY, she's ret-2-go!

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
meh. frontpage over-speculating and geting peoples hopes up as usual. I'd be cool with Shantea though but eh, K.rool first. I really wouldn't consier shantea to be very likely considering the hardhitting competition he has(isaac's dedicated and very loud fanbase, k.rool, vets, etc..)

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
*insert Animal Crossing shock face here*

Still pushing for Rayman, Takamaru, and Ice Climbers, first, but I would be totally fine with Shantae joining the battle.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
As much as I would like to think that she's being teased, he still could be gathering support for the ballot.

And now for the #1 rule of Smash Speculation:

Last edited:

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Waiting till Etika makes an entire video based on a single tweet. "Quality content" people.

Last edited:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
sorry, already voted for Crash Bandicoot and Wreck it Ralph. anyway, who is shantae? i never heard about she

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Am I suppose excited here...I've never even heard of this character up until the ballot. I don't think she'll make it even with the ballot, she's only seems to be popular in the west. Nintendo maybe aware of her but I don't think Japan and Sakurai is. I have a hard time even seeing her or any Indie charcter happening, it'd just be weird. Most of these Indie developers may as well give up their characters are not going to get into Smash. Especially with Sakuari's criteria for a third party charcter. I don't think the rules for third party character will ever change even with DLC. These Indie developers are getting their hopes up to high because of the ballot.

Last edited:

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Eh, idk. I'm a little skeptical; While a teaser can hype up that one character, there can/will be something that can throw this teaser off, deconfirming that character or decreasing the chances. Besides, this is NINTENDO were talking about. They done stuff like that before. :ohwell:

Fathom778

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPSICANEX2
Meh, I say it's just part of what I've dubbed the "Indie Smash Run", trying to convince people to root for her. PROBLEM IS if that is the purpose, Shantae's supporters will be like "Oh, she's in. No need to vote on the Smash ballot" And she falls down.

Zoa

Smash Ace
This doesn't mean anything unfortunately. I like Shantae, and that Rotty Tops alt looks cool, but I'm not betting on anything.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'd say that including Shantae in Sm4sh is a good WayForward for the Smash Bros. series.
Go sit in a corner and think about what you have done, mister.

-------------

Eh, I'm neutral on Shantae. I wouldn't be that hyped and I would probably feel it's a little forced if she got in. At the same time, I wouldn't be super annoyed or anything.

I do adore WayForward's enthusiasm, though.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
How the hell is this a teaser for Smash? Like... seriously. As far as I'm concerned, this article shouldn't have been published.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Santae is second on my "characters I really want to see in smash" list and I do not approve of this tease. It's either full confirmation or bust Matt! Don't play with my heart like this!

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
How the hell is this a teaser for Smash? Like... seriously. As far as I'm concerned, this article shouldn't have been published.
Not to mention it's the same alternative costumes we've seen before after the ballot came out. Again don't think these Indie developers should get their hopes up.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
I like Shantae and all, but there are a dozen first-party characters that deserve a spot on the Smash roster before her (or pretty much any other third-party character).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Now this site is officially reaching Kotaku levels of clickbait. I love Shantae and all, but we shouldn't really treat everything that the Wayforward crew tweet as facts.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Even if it were true I dont see why shantae would be added I honestly know nobody who have even played any of the game(s?).

Its whatever I guess its just me wanting Shovel Knight as well as not wanting a character I have zero interest in.

Top Bottom