• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown (October 12-13, 2013) - Feedback please! Next major Santasmash!

KJ64 allows in the Melee Doubles ruleset?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer

October 11-13, 2013
Australia's Smash Scene pairs with the local FGC for its first INTERNATIONAL tournament! Prepare for Evo levels of hype right here in Aus! Whether you're a tournament regular, haven't played in ages, or are complete new to the game, come down for an experience like no other!​
Address:
448 Epsom Road Flemington, Victoria 3031 Australia​

Websites:
Schedule:
Saturday:​
Brawl/Melee Pools 10am - 2pm​
Brawl/Melee Doubles: 4pm - 8pm​
Crews: 8pm onwards​
Sunday:​
Brawl/Melee Bracket: 10am - 12pm​
Brawl/Melee Top 4 on the Grand Stage: 12pm onwards​
Enjoy the rest of the hype!​
Prices:
Check the website listed above​
Streams:Stream link will be issued at later date. But to get your mouth watering for the hype:​
Tournament Rules:
Any acts of forfeiting, match fixing, pot splitting and/or bracket manipulation are subject to punishment from the TO.
  • Any coaching during the match (but not in between matches) is prohibited. Players who violate this rule will receive a warning (BOTH the player AND the person coaching the player) on the first attempt. Players who violate this rule after a warning will be disqualified from the event and a possible ejection from the venue.
  • Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:
    • If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
    • If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
    • These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner
BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER
In the event of an equipment malfunction, the match will be restart from the last known position or from any point in the match that is agreed upon by the players. Please look for an official and do not start such a rematch on your own
Melee Ruleset
4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Wobbling is legal.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers's Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
*Sets will be best of 3 except for: winner's semi, winner's final, loser's semi, loser's final and grand final, which will be best of 5.
*Neutral starting positions may be requested
*Timic Clause: Any stage may be played on if both parties agree
*Players may request a double blind character selection​
*In the case of a Port Priority Dispute, players may contest port priority​
Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.
Stagelist:
Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium
Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
Modified Doubles Rules
  • Team Attack set to “On”
Life stealing is allowed -If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.
Brawl Ruleset
  • 3 Stocks
  • 10 Minute Time Limit
  • Items set to “Off” and “None”
  • Pause set to “Off”
  • Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape and extended dimensional cape are banned.
  • All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
  • There is a 40 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  • The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterrupted moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
    • In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
    • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time coincidentally, or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters.
    • If a match is ended via suicide move, the initiator of the move wins.
  • Modified DSR: A player/team may not counter-pick the last stage they won on in the current set.
  • Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR
  • The M2K rule: By entering this tournament, a player agrees to play their matches on any setup requested by the TO, and agree to have their matches recorded, commentated, and/or uploaded as the TO sees fit.
  • Any acts of forfeiting, match fixing, pot splitting and/or bracket manipulation are subject to punishment from the TO.
  • Scrooging is banned (player may travel under the stage only once from the ledge)
    * If a player travels under the stage, they must land on stage before they are allowed to fly under the stage again. Landing on a platform or grabbing a ledge does not constitute landing on stage.
    *If a player is found to be performing the act of scrooging by a tournament organizer (by his/her discretion), the player will forfeit that match.
  • Players may request a double blind for character selection
Modified Doubles Rules
  • Team Attack set to “On”
  • Double Meta Knight is banned
  • Life stealing is allowed
  • In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
  • In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
  • If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
  • During the ‘Stage Striking Procedure’ (See below), the players banning stages are allowed to ban two different stages.
Set Procedure
  1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
  2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
  3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
  4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-1 (Team 1 strikes one stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
  5. The first match is played.
  6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
  7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
  8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counter-pick Stage List. Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
  9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  11. The next match is played.
  12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.
Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).
Singles Stage List
Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Counterpicks
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Doubles Stage List
Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Counterpicks
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2​
Delphino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Castle Siege
Rainbow Ride
Conduct Rules
  • In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral [players are not in combat], the match may be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player in a death situation [Chain grabs, Grab releases, Jab-locks to a kill move, etc] paused while in a death situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If you unpause before the TO reaches the station, the player that unpaused losses a stock.
  • Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
  • Any hacks, including (but not limited to) textures, music, and model changes are not allowed.
  • The TO reserves the right to change this ruleset up until the day of the tournament.
Results:

Melee singles:
1. Dekar
2. S.D
3. Atticus
4. Redact
5. Cal
5. Epics
7. Skeletom
7. Kier
9. Splice
9. Tak
9. Tibs
9. Timic
13. Tux
13. Forte
13. Bus
13. Pelican

Brawl singles:
1. Tin Man
2. Attila
3. Tibs
4. Shaya
5. Ledge
5. Ghostbone
7. Sebby
7. Allens
9. Splice
9. Jamwa
9. Dean
9. Jei
13. Sat
13. Batmans
13. Yosh
13. Nikes

Melee doubles:
1. Guacamelee (Dekar + Redact)
2. DDos (S.D + Attila)
3. Samuel L Blaxon (Atticus + Epics)
4. Floppy Sausage Surprise (Skeletom + Kier)
5. Team DK (Forte + Tibs)
5. Midnight Meattrain (Greekboi69 + Justice gauci)
7. Brojectiles (Batmans + Jei)
7. Shining Friendship (Splice + Tak)
9. Get That In Ya (Cal + Pelican)
9. The Wallet Inspectors (Penguin + Tux)
9. Mr_Scribble + TotodileTrainer
9. AMAD + Hadi
13. Suprise Treasure (SurPr15e + ShuVL)

Brawl doubles:
1. Tin Man + Shaya
2. Melbourne's Golden Pair (Attila + Tibs)
3. Sebby + Billy
4. We're doin well (Jamwa + Invisi)
5. Bong Wizards (Allens + Batmans)
5. Khoa + Jei
7. Yosh + Sato
7. Australia's Nicks Top Models (Tux + Dean)
9. AMAD + Hadi
9. Nido + SurPr15e
9. Penguin + ShuVL
9. Ledge + Cal
13. Negai + TotodileTrainer
13. Nikes + Ghost

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The venue is Flemington Racecourse. I think one Smasher lives around there; stacks on.

Grim: I hope so. APEX taught me that you don't need to be in/near a big community in order to rank. Just watch lots of videos and be a bit smart.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Okie, well, from the other thread:

I reckon we have a long list of candidates we could ask from USA/Europe/Japan to come over for this -

From USA (and surrounding), we have the obvious: M2K, ESAM, Ally, Zero, Nairo, Tyrant, Salem, DEHF, ADHD, Logic, Will, Ryo, Shaky, Mekos, PF, Atomsk, Vinnie, NR, the list goes on and on....

From Europe (land of the Marth mains) we could ask: Leon, Mr. R, Gluttony, etc etc (why is my brain not working right now?)

From Japan, it's harder for me because I know of so few Japanese: Otori, 9B, Mikeneko, Hyutter, Kakera, Masha, etc.

Waaaah there's so many to choose from, who do we choose...? :O

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I really hope this sponsorship thing happens. Armada and Peepee would make sense after already having M2K and Mango. I'd also love to see Hax as an alternative to Peepee. I don't think Hax and Armada ever played so it would be pretty amazing to see. Not to mention Hax is ****ing ridiculous and is far and away one of the most entertaining players to watch.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer

S.D

Smash Master
You guys are more racist than teenage Collingwood fans.

Attila - what is the funding reliant on and when is it likely to be confirmed/denied? I was thinking of approaching some people at evo to gauge their interest and availability on a 'plausible' basis.

Hughie

Smash Lad
You guys are more racist than teenage Collingwood fans.
HEY
THAT'S NOT TRUE
but that girl was stupid
I mean, I wouldn't hang around anyone who is racist
I'm a collingwood supporter
and I don't fit the sterotype
I think

Splice

Smash Hero
how come you have to seperate black and white on your colours
Why can't they be merged together?
Oh no they have to be seperated into LINES

Friggin' massive racists disgusting scum

Hughie

Smash Lad
You guys have started to make me feel bad. To be honest, when I do go to games I don't go ANYWHERE near the Collingwood cheer squad. It just makes me too uncomfortable.

Also S.D maybe my grandfather barracks for the swans so I was really happy when they won the GF.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
Come to think of it, Armada has never been to Australia, so it would be super nice to have him!

S.D

Smash Master
Retired or no I doubt Armada would say no to a free trip to Australia. I could be wrong of course, there is the chance he would not want to tarnish his legacy by losing to another top import...

Dekar289

Smash Hero
my point was if he's retired then he doesn't deserve a free trip to australia
because he's retired, and this is a smash tournament
maybe let's aim for a player who didn't wuss out completely after almost losing to a pocket marth
besides, sif people want to watch and also personally get gayed by peach

S.D

Smash Master
my point was if he's retired then he doesn't deserve a free trip to australia
because he's retired, and this is a smash tournament
maybe let's aim for a player who didn't wuss out completely after almost losing to a pocket marth
besides, sif people want to watch and also personally get gayed by peach
Dekar no Armada fanboy.... In terms of hype and interest in our tournament, I can't think of any bigger billing than PP v Armada rematch. That said I'm sure there are plenty of good candidates but Armada, I think, is currently in a position where he wants to give something back apart from his own personal results, meaning he'd be better positioned to help individual players learn.

In any case Deks I'd be interested to know who you would like to see come over?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
of course the TO in me would love armada vs pp at an australian tournament for the exposure for the scene, just speaking personally before
as for who i'd want idk. i want the hype i guess, plays that make everyone in the room get wood, so any top player rly w/e (but not floaty mains)
really i just hope for attendance from top australian dual-game players like zxv and earl, and some returning vets (unny! koops!)
i'm much better at just pissing on other ideas yo, keep em coming!

S.D

Smash Master
I don't want to get too speculative before funding is confirmed, so I'm interested to know what the funding proposal is exactly...
Anyway, hopefully attending evo will open my eyes up to the worthy types.

Top Bottom