• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Serperior for DLC: Because I Couldn't Find a Thread

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Well, if Mario gets 7 reps (though 1 is a clone), why not Pokémon? Basically, Sceptile is cool, but I think that this would be even better due to its body shape. And if there is a thread, please lock this.

So, what makes Serperior so much better? While Sceptile may seem like the only practical Grass starter due to.... well, hands, Serperior has a tail, and uses vines if they need something anyway. And it's his body shape that is very cool, as he can twist it around for some very interesting neutral attacks. Also, something else.... As a snake, I think he could tie into the "absorption" part of Grass-type moves, something that Ivysaur did not do. Anyway, here's a moveset:

B (Absorb): Serperior charges up a projectile, which strengthens it. It then releases its projectile. When it hits someone, it heals Serperior half the amount of damage it did to the opponent.
Side B (Leaf Storm): Serperior creates a flurry of leaves, which acts like a multi-hit attack.
Up B (Growth): Serperior angles himself so he is completely vertical, then grows and stretches upwards. After that, he shrinks his bottom half, making him higer up than he was before.
Down B (Leer): Serperior glares at the opponent (represented by a spark in front of him), making them easier to launch for a short period of time.
Final Smash (Solar Beam): Serperior lets loose a huge blast of solar energy, which acts a lot like Zero Laser. He can change its direction mid-FS, too.

Supporters:
  1. Wanderer from Roseyard
  2. W O N D E R
  3. BridgesWithTurtles
  4. Lilfut

Last edited:
I like character suggestions that defy the "2 arms, 2 legs" rule. Serperior in particular is pretty cool. Though it may be too grotesque to depict, Gastro Acid would make for a righteous special move for it; barfs all over his foe and anyone drenched is prevented from using special moves for a brief time.

W O N D E R

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wonderful102
3DS FC
1224-5125-5512
Serperior>Sceptile, Serperior would act like somewhat like Mewtwo, wacking opponents with his/her tail like a normal standard attack, but I think leer should be a stun attack, similar to ZSS's stun gun, you can charge it, but its not a projectile, but it also has long range, back up, down, and in front of you can be stunned. although it does 2% damage and 5% damage if fully charged, you can run at them and grab them(with your tail) and do combos, similar to Ness's PK fire grab combo or ZSS's stun gun grab or stun gun fsmash. I also love how Serperior is a little goth, I mean like, he doesn't give a heck about anything, with those e_e face(the tired eyes face, but not really tired, just like he doesn't find anything amusing)

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Serperior is my second Grass-type pick, after Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur. I find it much more interesting than Sceptile, and it's got a decent size to its fanbase as well. I imagine it having a huge hurtbox and being rather heavy, but also being very fast. Low kill power for a heavyweight, but an excellent damage-racker due to a lot of multihit moves (Leaf Tornado, etc) and energy-sapping techniques (Leech Seed, Mega Drain). Could end up with an incredibly fun and unique playstyle.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I'd still prefer Grovyle as a potential Grass-type newcomer, but Serperior could be interesting. As long as one of the Saurs comes back first.

Top Bottom