• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sept 27th, 2014] Bowser's Revenge 11 (PM, Plano Tx)

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Bowser's Revenge 11: Revenge is Forever

A Project: M 3.02 Tournament

Please Note:
The venue closes at 8-9pm, so we'll be running things on a tight shift. Show up on time or we'll start without you! If you know you're going to be late, let me know via text/call before the event starts and I'll see if we can work you in afterwards.
The venue is a family store; moms with kids come in on Saturdays. Keep things PG-13!

When: starts 10AM Saturday, Sept 27th

Where: FX Game Exchange
3000 Custer Road, Suite 170
Plano, Texas 75075

What: Project: M Singles and Doubles.

Sethlon’s cell: 832-482-5588

Schedule:
11:00AM Registration opens
12:00PM Project M Doubles start
2:30PM Project M Singles Start

Entry Fee:
Venue: $10 (discounted to $5 if you bring a Wii or full set up we use for the tournament!)
Singles: $10
Doubles: $5 per person, 10$ per team

Payouts:
If less than 10;
1st: 70%
2nd: 30%

More than 10, less than 32 Entrants;
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

32+ Entrants
1st: 45%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5% each

Project M Ruleset:

1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to “Off” and “None”
4. Buffer set to OFF
5. Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she won on unless agreed upon by both players.
6. In the event of a match going to time/sudden death, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whoever has more remaining stock left.
b. If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.
d. In the event of going to sudden death because of suicide kill move (such as Ganon's overB or Dedede's inhale), the player initiating the move will be declared the winner.
7. Sets will be best out of 3 games. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.

Addendum for Doubles
1. Team Attack set to “On”
2. Life stealing is allowed. (Note that lifestealing in Project: M is done by pressing A+B, rather than Melee's start)
3. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whichever team has more remaining stock.
b. If both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

Character/Stage Selection Process
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans three stages.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
*Dave’s Stupid Rule is in effect

Stagelist:
Starters:
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Hill Zone
Smashville
Dreamland

Counterpick Stages: Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise, Warioware, Skyloft, Skyworld, Dracula's Castle, Distant Planet (Teams only), Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only)

Other Rules
1. The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit.
6. Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.
7. Giga Bowser is Banned.

Last edited:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Notes;
I will not be entering in any event, so that I can focus on running things as smooth as possible.
Stage list is up for debate. If people like/want more practice for the BH4 ruleset, I'd be up for switching to that.
Pay outs are up for debate. I want to pay out at least something to the lowest possible placings....let me know what you guys think!

Kuranen

Smash Rookie
Thank you for 4-stock. I'll try to come to this one...try...as it's certainly the last one for a while that I'll be getting to go to. Hopefully I won't be too awful after barely playing with anyone for months.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
alright, cool! i'll confirm when it gets closer whether i'll be able to make it or not. it's looking pretty good right now, though!

D

Deleted member

alright, cool! i'll confirm when it gets closer whether i'll be able to make it or not. it's looking pretty good right now, though!
I'll also inform you if I cannot make it

We gonna take dis ****

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
how much is absurd? 80+?

Also I suppose I'm confirmed for this, if anyone cares! :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Heyyyyy so I want to make a common5.pac file for this tournament but I don't really think we have a final stagelist. Sethlon, help por favor

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
As much as I'd love to make pictochat legal, I'm just gonna stick with the stagelist I originally posted. Might be different come next tournament, depending on feedback.

D

Deleted member

Sorry guys, if you want delfino/pictochat you'll have to wait for oracle to host another tourney for a fraudulent stage list

CORY

wut
BRoomer
pictochat is pretty awesome, but it still has a few issues that need to be worked on before it can be a legit stage, imo (namely the ungrabbable left ledge during that diagonal slash form, and the wind form being WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more annoying than wispy. probably a few other tweaks, but those are the biggest, i think?)

D

Deleted member

Oh and its a bigger FD with a smaller bottom blast zone, so camping is more relevant and characters like gnw kind of can't sweetspot the ledge

just... please god no. We already have like 15-20 stages on the front page that we're debating, PLEASE don't give us a reason to add page 2 stages. WE TAKE WAY TOO LONG ON COUNTERPICKING STAGES

CORY

wut
BRoomer
it's more about having options. we could have 41 viable stages, and not use all 41 of them. just pick a set out for this tourney, pick a (potentially) different set for this tourney, so on so on.

D

Deleted member

dude I just rubbed my legs with muscle relaxer instead of anti itch cream

I fire spiked my legs, THEY HURT SO MUCH (aka common5.pac will be out in uhh... a lil bit)

D

Deleted member

great tournament/10

dbbl postin because results thread isn't here yet hehe

Top Bottom