• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 8, 2014] Shuffle VI (Columbus, Ohio)

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
Love Shuffle. Definitely gonna be there.

Also this:

Hey guys.

Just dropping by to say that there will be NO registration cap for Shuffle VI.

The new venue is much larger, and can hold upwards of 1,000 people.

Stay tuned for more news as we work on this event!
Yeah, Shuffle V would have been HUGE if the fire code hadn't restricted attendance. I'm pumped to see the turnout for VI.

Phoenix the Inferno

Smash Rookie
This is my first tournament and i'm very excited to be trying to go to this!
I'm going to do melee singles and maybe brawl singles(If brawl is there)
i won't place high but it'll be good practice for high level play.

Phazon117

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phazon117
3DS FC
0275-8911-6156
Very excited for this. Cincinnati scene doesn't have a big Brawl representation, so I already know it's gonna be a blast.

Last edited:

nac

Smash Rookie
So hyped for my first tourney! I might be able to help house some out of town visitors too I'm an OSU student so I live very close by.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Speaking of which, the link for the Apex ruleset isn't working for me. Uh... are they posted anywhere else?

EDIT: Oops, there's actually a typo in the link.

Last edited:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
What is different about the Apex Rules?
Apex is a very conservative stage list and causes some serious balance issues. In PM, for example, you get multiple bans and can ban all the small stages or all of the large stages, but not all of any other type (like medium sized or triple platform layouts). It results in some serious disadvantages for the players that don't play characters like Diddy, Link, etc., that excel in those middle-sized environments.

LOE1

Smash Lord
I'm in.

Gonna be repping MI in PM and brawl. prepare yourselves...

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
The ruleset may be tweaked as we get closer to the event. We'll look into it and make changes as we see fit.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Ed,

I'll check when I have some downtime @ work and I'll get you the information.

Unless someone else can answer that quicker.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
MVD If you make it to this would you be up for a Snake ditto MM? :D I want to see if I have any goofy tricks you haven't seen before and I think it would be a fun set.

Last edited:

Mripod128

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

I'm a brawler from Canada (Calgary, Alberta specifically) and I'm highly interested in attending this tournament and I'm just wondering who I contact about possible housing or do I post in here? XD I may come earlier to explore Columbus or Ohio but that would be on me and I'd only need housing for the actual tournament weekend.

My tag is Ashley or A5HLEY and I main Marth and Ness in Brawl, Fox and Ganon in Melee and Ganon in PM. I would probably need a teammate for all 3 events so hit me up if anybody wants to team! I don't have recent footage of me playing on youtube but the best place to find it would be youtube.com/user/ssbuniversity or twitch.tv/ssbuniversity.

The help for housing is definitely my #1 priority and would greatly appreciate if I could get that out of the way before I book flights!

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Housing is usually taken care of in this thread or the facebook group- we don't have any special arrangements, but I know last year a lot of people found housing through the two avenues I listed!

SuperNAC

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

I'm a brawler from Canada (Calgary, Alberta specifically) and I'm highly interested in attending this tournament and I'm just wondering who I contact about possible housing or do I post in here? XD I may come earlier to explore Columbus or Ohio but that would be on me and I'd only need housing for the actual tournament weekend.

My tag is Ashley or A5HLEY and I main Marth and Ness in Brawl, Fox and Ganon in Melee and Ganon in PM. I would probably need a teammate for all 3 events so hit me up if anybody wants to team! I don't have recent footage of me playing on youtube but the best place to find it would be youtube.com/user/ssbuniversity or twitch.tv/ssbuniversity.

The help for housing is definitely my #1 priority and would greatly appreciate if I could get that out of the way before I book flights!
Hey send me a private message and i might be able to work something out for housing. It won't be a luxory suite or anything but it will def be a place to crash for the weekend and to store any of your stuff safely. I'm actually a student at OSU so i live very close to the union and i know the university district well enough.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Sry if this was posted/answered somewhere else in the thread, but is there going to be pre-registration again or is the bigger venue making it unnecessary?

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Working on getting a working pre-reg up and ready.

Here's a small teaser of the venue.

And yes, that is a stage you see.

Top Bottom