• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 12, 2015] Super Honor Strength SMASH! (Huntington NY)

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Can confirm I'll be there now. I'll be bringing an extra player as well. Maybe even two if everything works out.
Out of curiosity, are there any places to eat around here? And are there any breaks in the tournament where we can eat and stuff, or do we just have to manage to sneak in a meal between matches?
@ Infinite901 Infinite901 This applies to both of you. Friday is smash 4 singles and wii u doubles if by popular demand. Sign ups start at 5 and the singles start at 6. this means you should get there between 5 and 5:55. The venue is still 5 plus 5 for each event. For saturdays, Registration starts at 1 pm and melee starts at 2 this means from 1 to 1:55 you should arrive. Then Pm singles start and then doubles if popular demand. Hope this clariffied things. I basically run this thread now since its so unactive so just direct all questions to me or any seemingly active member on this thread:)

~1Flow~

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
@ Infinite901 Infinite901 This applies to both of you. Friday is smash 4 singles and wii u doubles if by popular demand. Sign ups start at 5 and the singles start at 6. this means you should get there between 5 and 5:55. The venue is still 5 plus 5 for each event. For saturdays, Registration starts at 1 pm and melee starts at 2 this means from 1 to 1:55 you should arrive. Then Pm singles start and then doubles if popular demand. Hope this clariffied things. I basically run this thread now since its so unactive so just direct all questions to me or any seemingly active member on this thread:)

~1Flow~
Thanks. :) What time is sign-up and start for P:M?

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
@ Infinite901 Infinite901 Signups are at 1 pm. Melle starts at 2 and pm singles start at 3. thjis means that any time bewtween 1 pm and 1:55 pm you may sign up for any of saturdays events. Even if melee bracket is still going on, the PM bracket will start side by side with melee at 3. After PM singles bracket is complete, depending on popular demand, their may or may not be project m ddoubnles. Most of the time there is doubles, but on occasion it is not, just crew battles, or doubles AND crew battle! Hoped this helped and welcome to HSS!

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
So if Smash for Wii u is every Friday, what time does it start? A group of friends and it would like to enter and come regularly once the summer starts. And we could bring a console if you need it.
Smash 4 is every fridasy. Signups astart at 5 pm and the evemnt starts at 6 pm. This means you can signup anywhere from 5 pm to 5:55 pm. Doubles mny occur if there is popular demand. Crew battles (4 peolple) do occur on occasion. Welcom to HSS and direct any questions you have to me:)

Kapnevets

Smash Rookie
Hey do we just show up to enter? There is no prior engagements to enter the Saturday tourney right?

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Hey do we just show up to enter? There is no prior engagements to enter the Saturday tourney right?
Hi man! Welcome to HSS! I'm 1flow, the person who runs the forums. @ Rubba Prime Rubba Prime holds these tournaments. Sign ups start art 1 pm. this means you should arrive anywhere between 1 and 1:55 to sign up at the place. No prior arrangements are needed. Melee starst at 2 and PM starts at 3. PM and melee doubles are optional based on player demand. each event costs $5 dollars plus $5 for venue. Hopes this helpos:) If there are any other questions you have please feel free to ask. these forums are basuiclly dead so i run them but i am NOT the owner of HSS, just a helper:) Please direct any and all fututre questions to me.

Thanks.

~VT|1Flow~

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
@ 1Flow 1Flow , I'm convinced everything you post on the internet is hilarious.

@ K Kapnevets : Just show up before the games start. So before 2 if you're playing Melee, and before 3 if you're playing PM. Same goes for Friday Night Sm4sh.

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
@ Rubba Prime Rubba Prime I will take that as a compliment. :p And also do you know how to replace the PM character slection screen. I downloaded i t and works but if i try to chaneg the color of my character it freezes:( Any suggestions cant find amny good tutorials on it

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
There will NOT be a Saturday HSS this week (8/1/15) due to circumstances out of my control. Feel free to show up to the venue to fest though!

Huge

Smash Apprentice
Friday's still on, though? Definitely going to this then!

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Is Saturday 8/8/15 on? I was planning on finally showing up last time, so I really hope it's going on next Saturday.

_C4

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cookieswag999
3DS FC
2552-1152-8384

~1Flow~
Hopefully, Sm4sh Singles will be up on Friday? If so, I'll try to be there! :) Last time I was there, there was a HUGE turnout!

Last edited:

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Hopefully, Sm4sh Singles will be up on Friday? If so, I'll try to be there! :) Last time I was there, there was a HUGE turnout!
Yessir, should be planned as as scheduled. DO you know the time to arrive? and HSS is an ever expanding franchise so each time, expect to see an even bigger turnout!

Last edited:

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
ATTENTION ALL HSS REGULARS: PLAY N' TRADE WILL SADLY BE CLOSING UP DUE TO FINANCIAL PROBLEMS ON AUGUST 31st! THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT HSS WILL BE ENDING. RUBBA IS DOING HIS BEST TO LOCATE ANOTHER PLACE TO HOLD THESE WEEKLY TOURNAMENTS SO PLEASE DO NOT SPAM HIM WITH QUESTIONS OF WHERE THE VENUE WILL BE LOCATED. HE WILL ALERT EVERYONE WHEN A SOLUTION TO OUR SAD PROBLEM IS FOUND.

(your welcome rubba @ Rubba Prime Rubba Prime )

_C4

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cookieswag999
3DS FC
2552-1152-8384
ATTENTION ALL HSS REGULARS: PLAY N' TRADE WILL SADLY BE CLOSING UP DUE TO FINANCIAL PROBLEMS ON AUGUST 31st! THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT HSS WILL BE ENDING. RUBBA IS DOING HIS BEST TO LOCATE ANOTHER PLACE TO HOLD THESE WEEKLY TOURNAMENTS SO PLEASE DO NOT SPAM HIM WITH QUESTIONS OF WHERE THE VENUE WILL BE LOCATED. HE WILL ALERT EVERYONE WHEN A SOLUTION TO OUR SAD PROBLEM IS FOUND.

(your welcome rubba @ Rubba Prime Rubba Prime )
Dude, when i heard about that from my friend, i think i died a little inside ;-;. I remember when it first opened up. My friend father gave all of us coupons to it. Every time i would get a new game, i would check there first. Although PlayNTrade was basically a plebian GameStop, everyone there was so helpful and kind. I will forever miss it.

Last edited:

_C4

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cookieswag999
3DS FC
2552-1152-8384
Can someone explain what playing PM is like? I played a little with my friend and it was a LOT of fun.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Wait. BRAWL characters? I thought Roy was removed from Brawl to make room for Pit?
There are a certain number of character slots left, and with two of those they created Roy and Mewtwo. Mewtwo was made almost entirely from scratch too

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Wait. BRAWL characters? I thought Roy was removed from Brawl to make room for Pit?
Sorry i wasnt clear enough. I meant all of brawl characters plus mewtwo and roy minus pichu. then make all the characters have melee movesets (competitve movesets) add new colors and stages and wahla! u have a game better than brawl and melee at the same time!

Huge

Smash Apprentice
Wait, so Friday isn't on this week? Or it's on, but still at Huntington? Or is it in Deer Park already?

CCC!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Petersonc87
3DS FC
1891-1439-7687
Is tonight on, or off because of the place closing? Might actually be able to go

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Wait, so Friday isn't on this week? Or it's on, but still at Huntington? Or is it in Deer Park already?
It in Huntington. Play N Trade is closing Aug 31st. This is the last huntington venue. As of now, the new deer park venue wioll be occuring starting September 5

Last edited:

Huge

Smash Apprentice
umm... is today happening at Deer Park for ssb4?

You guys should probably update the info!

Last edited:
Top Bottom