• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Europe [Sep 4, 2015] How Dair You (HDY) - Limit: 128 -... (Freiburg im Breisgau, Baden-Württemberg)

NoTech Gaming

Smash Rookie
NoTech Gaming and Game5 proudly present:
HOW DAIR YOU

Livestream by:

www.geekygoonsquad.com

Why you should attend HDY:
  • Freiburg is one of the most beautiful cities in Germany boasting the most hours of sunshine in the whole country.
  • Awesome location. The HdJ offers plenty of space for players and setups and is located only 5-10 minutes from the city center on foot.
  • Internationality. The location in the south promises smashers from France, Switzerland and Italy to gather for out event. This is your chance to meet them.
  • Experienced TO's. We guarantee a well thought-out and organized event.
  • Player and Spectator experience - there will be plenty of setups and time for a ton of friendlies! Players who don't make it out of pools will be able to face of in an amateur bracket. A stage ensures HYPE for the finals!
  • History shows: Because of the amazing weather, the beautiful city and smooth organization, many (international) attendees regarded 'Smash Royale' in Freiburg in 2008 as THE Smash tourney experience of the year.
  • Professional Livestream provided by GeekyGoonesquad including Twitch promotion: Your chance to shine on the big stage!
Team:

NoTech Gaming

• NTG Borst (Main Host)
  • NTG G5 Andy/Tero
  • NTG Peter vP
  • NTG Astor
  • NTG muesli
Supporting TOs:
  • G5 pheX
  • G5 Yomi
  • G5 Usleon
  • G5 Stivo
  • Däumling
Date:

Friday, September 4th 2015 -
Sunday, September 6th 2015​

Haus der Jugend (HdJ) Freiburg
Uhlandstraße 2
79102 Freiburg im Breisgau​
[collapse="Picture of the HdJ"]
[/collapse]
Events:
  • Melee Singles*: Bracket Pools, Double Elimination Pro Bracket, Amateur Bracket**
  • Melee Doubles: ggf. Bracket Pools, Double Elimination Bracket
  • Project M Singles: Bracket Pools, Double Elimination Bracket
  • Project M Doubles**: Double Elimination Bracket
* Mandatory event
** Only on demand and if our window of time allows for it

Limit of participants: 128

Fees:

Entry fee*: 20 EUR
Melee singles: 7,50 EUR
Melee doubles: 7,50 EUR
PM singles: 5 EUR
PM doubles: free

Total: 27,50 EUR - 40 EUR

*The entry fee includes the rent for the location as well as all costs for trophies, helpers and the streamer. This can be reduced by discount (see below).

Information on this will follow shortly. Registration is binding and only possible via payment (Bank transfer or Paypal).
The minimum age for participation is 16 years (It is possible to make exception for individual cases, please contact us personally). Minors also need a statement of agreement from their parents.​

[collapse="Schedule"]
Entry: Friday, 10:00 Uhr
End: Sunday, 18:00 Uhr

Friday:
PM Doubles (forenoon/noon)
PM Singles Pools + DE Bracket (afternoon/evening)

Saturday:
Melee Singles Pools (morning)
Melee Doubles DE Bracket until Top 6/8 (noon/afternoon)
Melee Singles DE Bracket until Top 8 (afternoon/evening)
Melee Doubles/Singles Top 8 (evening)

Sunday:
Possibly Top 8 Melee Doubles/Singles (morning/noon)*

* we don't want players to play Top 8 if it get's too late. Therefore we keep Sunday free and use it as a buffer.[/collapse]
[collapse="Ruleset"]More information will follow shortly
  • German Melee standard ruleset (possibly with some small modifications)
  • German PM standard ruleset (possibly with some smallmodifications)
  • General code of conduct
The ruleset will be very close to any ruleset at international events. Don't expect anything fancy.[/collapse]
[collapse="Discounts"]
Small CRT*: 3 EUR
Big CRT*: 4 EUR
Gamecube + Melee + MC + plugbar: 1 EUR
Wii + Melee + MC + PM + plugbar: 2 EUR

* The TV must be able to run depict Colors, run on 60 Hz and to be set to AV. If a remote is needed to do so, please bring it with you.
**Discount only applies for TVs and consoles that have been approved by the staff on registration.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Allocation of prize money"]
Melee Singles: 50 | 25 | 15 | 10
Melee Doubles: 50 | 25 | 15 | 10
PM Singles: 50 | 25 | 15 | 10

Reaching the limit of 128 Participants the allocation will look approximately as follows:
1st place: ≈ 480 EUR + trophy
2nd place: ≈ 240 EUR + medal
3rd place: ≈ 140 EUR + medal
4th place: ≈ 100 EUR[/collapse]
[collapse="Staying overnight"]It will be possible to sleep in the Hall for the whole course of the tournament (friday and saturday night). Please bring anything you need to do so yourself (air mattress, sleeping bag, ...).[/collapse]
[collapse="Housing"]More information will follow shortly
The smashers of Freiburg will provide Housing for a limited amount of people for Thursday on Friday or Sunday on Monday. More specific information will follow in a seperate topic.

Black Forest Hostel:
http://www.blackforest-hostel.de/

(about 10 minutes on foot from the "Haus der Jugend", 5 min on foot into the city center)

big dorm: 17-20 EUR *
small dorm: 21-27 EUR *
double room: 29 EUR *
single room: 35 EUR *
bedding: 4 EUR **​

* Prizes per person per night
** Bedding is to be rented, bring a sleeping bag!
[/collapse]
[collapse="Travel information"]More information will follow

Central station - Haus der Jugend:
Cablecar Line 1 direction Littenweiler. 4 Stations until "Schwabentorbrücke". Get off and walk about 5 min on foot to the HdJ.
Cablecars depart each 6 - 10 minutes depending on the time of day. Later in the evening and at night they depart each 25 minutes until half past midnight.
Single Ticket ("Preisstufe 1"): 2,20 EUR
http://www.vag-freiburg.de/tickets-tarife/preisinformationen.html
Riding time for the Cablecar: 13 min
On foot from central station: about 25-30 min

Airport (EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg) - Freiburg:
http://www.euroairport.com/

Airport shuttle Freiburger Reisedienst
http://www.freiburger-reisedienst.de/de/airportbus/information.php
42,00 EUR both ways
189,00 EUR both ways for 5 people, 21 EUR for each additional person
Tickets are to be bought from the driver, no credit card payment
Online reservation possible starting at 5 Persons

By car:

Take the exit 'Freiburg Mitte' on the autobahn A5. The road runs along the Dreisam (river) straight to the Schwabentorbrücke (which is where the HdJ is located). The HdJ itself doesn't provide any parking spots but you shouldn't have trouble finding a spot in the street.

Google Maps
https://www.google.de/maps/search/haus der jugend Freiburg uhlandstraße/[/collapse]
[collapse="Showers/Swimming"]Sadly, there will be no showers in the HdJ. If the weather plays along we will provide camping showers in the Backyard.

It will be possible to use the showers of the nearby swimming bath 'Faulerbad' (10 minutes on foot along the river)
http://www.badeninfreiburg.de/baeder-saunen/faulerbad

Opening times:
Fr 13:00 - 22:00
Sa: 10:30 - 19:00
So: 09:00 - 18:00​

Regular price: 4,00 EUR
Discounted price: 2,70 EUR (Discount for children + teenagers in the age of 4-17 years as well as Students) [/collapse]
[collapse="Food and Drinks"]More information will follow
There are plenty of possibilities to get yourself something to eat from various supermarkets, restaurants and fast food places.

Also we will try to provide pizzas and softdrinks for reasonable prices.[/collapse]

Last edited:

Tero.

Smash Champion
Really interessed for this one. I will see if other french will want to come too.
Glad to hear this. I really hope a lot of french smashers can attend since Freiburg is very close to the french border.

I promise this will be good and HYPE.

ncryptdntllgnc

Smash Rookie
Hey, I have never been to a Smash tournament before and I do not currently live in Freiburg, but I have followed the scene as a fan for almost 2 years and I am originally from Freiburg.

I have family and friends in town.
I want to help, can I get involved and if so, how?

NoTech Gaming

Smash Rookie
Hey, I have never been to a Smash tournament before and I do not currently live in Freiburg, but I have followed the scene as a fan for almost 2 years and I am originally from Freiburg.

I have family and friends in town.
I want to help, can I get involved and if so, how?
Sure, mate.
Get in touch with the Freiburg Community on Facebook.

Freiburg Smash FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashBrosFreiburg/
BW Melee FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/411900475488459/

Game 5

Smash Cadet
Guys, sorry for the confusion with the additional posts. We had to merge the old Topic with the new Event Topic.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Registration for How Dair You, Freiburg, 04.09.-06.09.2015 - presented by NoTech Gaming and Game5 on smash.gg is open. Register here: https://smash.gg/hdy

Why should you attend HDY?

• Freiburg is one of the most beautiful cities in Germany boasting the most hours of sunshine in the whole country.
  • Awesome location. The HdJ offers plenty of space for players and setups and is located only 5-10 minutes from the city center on foot.
  • Internationality. The location in the south promises smashers from France, Switzerland and Italy to gather for out event. This is your chance to meet them.
  • Experienced TO's. We guarantee a well thought-out and organized event.
  • Player and Spectator experience - there will be plenty of setups and time for a ton of friendlies! Players who don't make it out of pools will be able to face of in an amateur bracket. A stage ensures HYPE for the finals!
  • History shows: Because of the amazing weather, the beautiful city and smooth organization, many (international) attendees regarded 'Smash Royale' in Freiburg in 2008 as THE Smash tourney experience of the year.
  • Professional Livestream provided by GeekyGoonesquad including Twitch promotion: Your chance to shine on the big stage!
  • Low prices: Venue Fee includes Melee Singles and the option to sleep in the venue. Some drinks and Pizzas will be served for a low price and Germanys supermarkets/fastfood options are very good and cheap.

Last edited:

angel_without_heart

Smash Apprentice
I remember the great time I spend in freiburg a long time ago
I'll try my best to see you again
I'm interesting for this event
Darko

Tero.

Smash Champion
IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ.
We advise everyone to check on https://smash.gg/tournament/how-dair-you/manage if you
a) are registered for every event you paid for and
b) have send out a team request to your partner and it got confirmed

This is very important because brackets will be made beforehand and you wont be able to enter if you discover this during the event itself.

Contact us via private message if you have any problems.

Tero.

Smash Champion
VERY IMPORTANT: Please check if you are registered for every event you paid for (smash.gg/hdy "Manage Registration") and you assigned a Doubles Partner. Once Brackets are made we will not change anything, this is you responsibility.

Top Bottom