• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Sep 10, 2015] Ganon's Gauntlet CGTC- Smash 4 Wii-U/Melee Weekly (Lewisville, TX)

Beastly

Smash Rookie
will there be areas to practice before the tournament

Last edited:

TMD

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShadowWolf16-2
What are the payout percents?

btw I will finally be attending today.

TMD

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShadowWolf16-2
1110 W Main St.
Lewisville, TX 75067
Its at the top of the post.

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
Hey, do you guys need more setups and TV's? Me and my friends are willing to bring a few Wii U's and stuff if you guys need it. Also what time do you recommend getting to this event? I would love to help set things up if you guys need an extra hand. I own all the systems so i can bring any of the the smashes.

BTW: the Wuhu Island glitch was patched so there is really no reason to ban in anymore, but that's your call

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
Hey, do you guys need more setups and TV's? Me and my friends are willing to bring a few Wii U's and stuff if you guys need it. Also what time do you recommend getting to this event? I would love to help set things up if you guys need an extra hand. I own all the systems so i can bring any of the the smashes.

BTW: the Wuhu Island glitch was patched so there is really no reason to ban in anymore, but that's your call
We,ve already got a system of local players bringing setups (donations or selling to us would be awesome tho), but we appreciate the backup.
Id say come around 6 and we,ve got a great staff to help out, all help is appreciated tho and we,ll do what we can to compensate you/have a great time :)

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
We,ve already got a system of local players bringing setups (donations or selling to us would be awesome tho), but we appreciate the backup.
Id say come around 6 and we,ve got a great staff to help out, all help is appreciated tho and we,ll do what we can to compensate you/have a great time :)
Cool good to know, how competitive is your scene? I'm bringing some newer players.

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
Doubles Smash4- 6:30pm
Doubles Melee- 7pm
Weekly Smash4 singles- 7:30pm
Weekly Melee singles- 8pm

$3 venue fee (lets you play all night, you do not not have to enter tourney to play)
$5 entry to EACH event, DOUBLE ELIMINATION
All tournaments abide by the competitive rulings the same as Smash4

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So all the above info is correct?

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
Doubles Smash4- 6:30pm
Doubles Melee- 7pm
Weekly Smash4 singles- 7:30pm
Weekly Melee singles- 8pm

$3 venue fee (lets you play all night, you do not not have to enter tourney to play)
$5 entry to EACH event, DOUBLE ELIMINATION
All tournaments abide by the competitive rulings the same as Smash4

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So all the above info is correct?
Dates for Doubles just got updated but everything else is correct

Twilight Cloud

Smash Cadet
NNID
TwilightCloud
oh snap, no dubz. Dang

But I do get to attend this one since I finally have an off day so yay for that.

Last edited:

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
What's the average turnout? I'm looking for a place to play around here for the school year, and shockwave is out because it's on Wednesdays. Also, do you stream?

Edit: what's the current stage list? I'd advise you to take a look at the stage discussion before banning, as more is better.

Last edited:

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
What's the average turnout? I'm looking for a place to play around here for the school year, and shockwave is out because it's on Wednesdays. Also, do you stream?

Edit: what's the current stage list? I'd advise you to take a look at the stage discussion before banning, as more is better.
We usually get 20-30 for both games, its dropping abit cause of school but thats common, the stagelist and any other major info is in the 1st comment post on this thread. We created the stagelists based on most majors and our own personal concerns.

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
We usually get 20-30 for both games, its dropping abit cause of school but thats common, the stagelist and any other major info is in the 1st comment post on this thread. We created the stagelists based on most majors and our own personal concerns.
You either need one more stage or 5 more stages for the striking process as described to work. And if you're going to have Delfino jank, you might as well have Halberd jank.

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
You either need one more stage or 5 more stages for the striking process as described to work. And if you're going to have Delfino jank, you might as well have Halberd jank.
Theres only 5 neutrals so 1-2-1 works, we,ve banned halberd cause of the constantly low ceiling and hazards. Delfino can arguebly be as bad but you can avoid low ceilings if your smart or ban it anyways if your that afraid of it, having 2 jank stages waists bans anyways but thats our reasoning behind no halberd. might add in the future to help people going to majors.

Last edited:

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
Just looked at the stages again, there are nine stages, but I'd like to see Halberd, Wuhu, Stadium 2, and Castle Siege. Just remember that a ban should not be placed until you have irrefutable evidence that it is an uncompetitive stage.

Edit: that a stage changes your playstyle a bit is not a an appropriate reason to ban. If it was, all we would play on would be Omega stages and FD.

Just stating the point everybody on the stage legality discussion is making. I don't know why you've banned the stages you've banned, but I just might be doing a bit of gentalmanning.

Last edited:

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
Edit: Whoops sorry for double post thought I was editing.

But as it's here, here's a question. Do you stream, and if so, what are the twitch/YouTube channels you stream on?

Last edited:

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
Just looked at the stages again, there are nine stages, but I'd like to see Halberd, Wuhu, Stadium 2, and Castle Siege. Just remember that a ban should not be placed until you have irrefutable evidence that it is an uncompetitive stage.

Edit: that a stage changes your playstyle a bit is not a an appropriate reason to ban. If it was, all we would play on would be Omega stages and FD.

Just stating the point everybody on the stage legality discussion is making. I don't know why you've banned the stages you've banned, but I just might be doing a bit of gentalmanning.
Another reason to not have those stages is no majors will use most of them, gotta keep rulesets consistent across the board based on that so people have a basis to practice on. Honestly all those stages are pretty jank tho, either too small or make unfavorable gamestates.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
How early should I be if I'm bringing a setup?
I've got a System, Game, Gamepad, and TV.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Is there not a bracket for the latest tourney? I couldn't find it in Challonge.

D

Deleted member

Deleted Comment

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
It was fun to go to and play. Most people were friendly and we're excited to play. There was one person though who was a little condescending. He came, sat down and said that he hated smash 4 and just wanted to take my money. Other than him it was pretty fun. It mostly seems like a melee player base though. I plan on going again sometime :)

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
It was fun to go to and play. Most people were friendly and we're excited to play. There was one person though who was a little condescending. He came, sat down and said that he hated smash 4 and just wanted to take my money. Other than him it was pretty fun. It mostly seems like a melee player base though. I plan on going again sometime :)
yeah that was hamlin, idk why he says that stuff, i might talk to him about it- what was your tag in the tourney man? would have introduced myself more lol.

Top Bottom