• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 28, 2014] Midstate Massacre 4 (Charlotte, NC)

v4extreme

Smash Journeyman

Tournament organized by Nick Ewing, myself, and members of UNCC's FGC student organization
Facebook event page
To contact me: 828.577.5503 - Facebook - or just message me here on smashboards

Location/Parking
UNCC Student Union GHI Rooms
9201 University City Blvd,
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001
UNCC on google maps
Campus map
Parking map

If you're using a GPS with google maps, typing in the actual deck you'd like to park in (i.e. Union Deck) as your destination will make navigating campus easier. If you are unable to do that I encourage you to look at the maps above ahead of time.
On campus parking is free on weekends (10:00 PM Friday - 8:00 AM Monday). On the map you can see the union deck and lot adjacent to the union. This is the easiest place to park.

Note: there are ATMs in the student union.

VERY CRUCIAL MAP/PICTURES:

^The main entrance, noted by hella columns and a big concrete sign

^Student union, the venue, seen from the front.

^This picture shows a walkway connecting the top level of the deck to the union- this will be the easiest way to bring in setups, short of dropping someone off in front of the union on Craver Road to carry them in.

^Red line route from the main entrance to the parking/venue:
-Straight through 1st roundabout
-Left onto University Road at 1st stop sign
-Right onto Cameron Blvd at 1st light
-Parking (union deck/lot) are on the right

Pre-Registration
Pre-registration page
This time pre-registration is free online only. Instead of paying online, all you need to do is submit a form with your information. If the events you enter are consistent with the form, $1 is waived from your venue fee.
Having the majority of participants submit this form can be very important to the success of the tournament. The more we know ahead of time how many entrants we have, the more preemptively we can plan the format, which means less down time between registration and bracket. I really need you guys help here.

Fees/Payouts
$3 venue fee: $1 off for pre-registering, $1 off for bringing a CRT, $1 off for bringing a console + game.
$5 Brawl/Melee/Project M singles
Payouts will be 60/25/15 split of the pot, subject to change pending attendance.

Rules
The Apex rule set will be used for Melee, Brawl, and Project M

Dining
FREE FOOD will be provided through an event grant by Chart Wells, starting at 5:00. This a decent meal (meat/vegetables etc. as opposed to something like pizza), buffet style.

Additional dining options, for lunch:
On Campus: (Campus map)
Student Union:
Wendy's (10:30 AM - 12:30 AM)
Mama Leone's Pizza (4:00 PM - 10:00 PM)
Outtakes (snacks, sandwiches, etc.) (10:30 AM - 12:30 AM)
Prospector:
Chick Fil A (10:30 AM - 3:30 PM)
Off CampusCookout
Chipotle[/COLOR]
IHOP

Schedule
A detailed schedule will be posted soon. For now I can say that doors will open at 11:00am and registration/check in will probably end at 1:00pm.

Setups/Attendance
We need setups! Knowing ahead of time how many setups we will have helps tremendously with planning, PLEASE be helpful and communicate your intention to bring a setup :chuckle:
Also make sure to RSVP to the event!

Last edited:

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
If you like, I'd offer my services for anything except P:M (Since that's my main event). I've got loads of experience running big events and whatnot (TO for the Smash Carolina series). I'd be happy to run Melee or Brawl pending my venue fee was covered.

Diovolo

Smash Rookie
Hey I know the doubles events are hard to hold, with the singles events but can oyu try to squeeze in doubles for PM?

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
I'm most likely going, and will be able to bring a CRT and a Wii with P:M

v4extreme

Smash Journeyman
I have a Wii + game I can bring w/ HDMI converter if you'd like. Not sure how you feel about an HDMI converter, but the option is there if you want.
Most people probably wouldn't want to play tournament matches on it. Bringing the console would be appreciated for sure though.

Somedutch

Smash Rookie
Juneau, AK (Hometown) & Charlotte, NC (college)
Most people probably wouldn't want to play tournament matches on it. Bringing the console would be appreciated for sure though.
That's fine. Just figured I would offer just incase we were low on CRTs for some reason. I can supply a console regardless though. On a side note, any good practice sessions between now and the tourney on or near the UNCC campus? Thursdays or Fridays specifically would be ideal.

v4extreme

Smash Journeyman
That's fine. Just figured I would offer just incase we were low on CRTs for some reason. I can supply a console regardless though. On a side note, any good practice sessions between now and the tourney on or near the UNCC campus? Thursdays or Fridays specifically would be ideal.
Yeah, there are regular tournaments at UNCC on Friday nights. They were biweekly last year; looks like there's 2 coming up on September 5th and 12th.

Check out this group.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
PPMD is coming........ :D NOW I CAN GET 3-4 STOCKED BY HIM :D But yeah I think I should be able to come. If I do come I'll bring a console as well if you need it.

Last edited:

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
How much of an issue would it be if I brought a CRT and Wii + PM, but I had to leave around 6 or 7 with them?

v4extreme

Smash Journeyman
PPMD is coming........ :D NOW I CAN GET 3-4 STOCKED BY HIM :D But yeah I think I should be able to come. If I do come I'll bring a console as well if you need it.
FYI, I believe he's had a change of plans and will no longer be there.

How much of an issue would it be if I brought a CRT and Wii + PM, but I had to leave around 6 or 7 with them?
That'd be great. No problem.

v4extreme

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for all the repeat posts- I want to make sure anyone following the thread gets a notification for this one, we had one person who thought they were registered who was actually not.

LIST OF PRE REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS: Make sure your name is here if you think you're pre registered.

archer
Boop
quasar_kw
Chaos
Link
McGG
Wiizr
loudpack
Loudpack Cezar aka L
[^ assuming these are duplicates]
Venom
Mr.Magik
Tim Dose'
Somedutch
Jiggly Azalea
Hax?
Nevermind
Zsuit
Phil!ip
Vorosh
Bash
Libner

Chaoslink

Smash Cadet
NNID
chaosl1nk
I pre-registered under the tag name Bash, and i just wanted to give a heads up that I may not be going, plans have changed and there is a very good chance i won't be there, I said I'd bring a setup and if I can't I'd at least like to let you know so that there's no surprises, my apologies in advance

v4extreme

Smash Journeyman
I pre-registered under the tag name Bash, and i just wanted to give a heads up that I may not be going, plans have changed and there is a very good chance i won't be there, I said I'd bring a setup and if I can't I'd at least like to let you know so that there's no surprises, my apologies in advance
Thanks for letting me know, it really helps.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
This is a long shot but if anybody has a ride coming through greensboro, hit me up 336-681-3567~ my ride bailed last minute.

Last edited:
Top Bottom