• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 28, 2014] Game On - Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournament (Largo, FL)

James Austin

Smash Rookie
Sunday Sept 28
Sign in: 12 PM
Start Time: 1 PM

Platform: Wii
Entry Fee: $10
Format: Double Elimination Brackets, controllers provided
Payout: Cash, based on attendance

General Rules

Game Settings: 3 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, Best of 3 Games. Finals are Best of 5.

Stagelist:

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi’s Island

Items are disabled.

Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.

All other chain grabs and infinites are legal.

There is a 35 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player is over the Ledge Grab Limit, they automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.

The act of stalling is banned and constitutes intentionally making the game unplayable. Examples include becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterrupted moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.

You may not choose the last stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.

If time runs outs and ledge grabs do not determine a winner, the tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage.

If the match ends with both players dying at the same time coincidentally, or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For this tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters.

If a match is ended via suicide move, the initiator of the move wins.

Coaching is not allowed during a match.

(727) 532-4263
http://www.game-onstores.com/vg_tournaments.html

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Nicely done thread. Good detail. Missing somethings though.

The stagelist(important)

Also, go into "thread tools" and put the Atlantic South tag on the thread.

James Austin said:
If a match ended via a suicide move, the initiator of the move wins
That makes a loophole. Even if I'm losing by three stock, I can still win by suiciding my enemy even though he's three stocks ahead of me.

Gotta fix the wording on that. Also put the address in the txt portion of the thread as well. Some people can't see the rsvp section.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Sorry that I won't be able to go but I wish your tourney and you the best of luck. Also, free bump!!! What every non stickied thread needs.

Top Bottom